Legal pot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: Legal pot
(01-10-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is why it's pissing me off so much that people are opposing the recreation laws here in Ohio over stupid shit. I have friends who are willing to scuttle the whole fucking thing because they're only issuing 10 commercial licenses.

Ah, the Nirvana fallacy at its finest. If you can't fix the whole problem, why fix any of it?

I think that people sometimes forget that these types of changes almost always come slowly and incrementally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
01-10-2015, 08:42 AM
(01-10-2015 08:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is why it's pissing me off so much that people are opposing the recreation laws here in Ohio over stupid shit. I have friends who are willing to scuttle the whole fucking thing because they're only issuing 10 commercial licenses.

Ah, the Nirvana fallacy at its finest. If you can't fix the whole problem, why fix any of it?

I think that people sometimes forget that these types of changes almost always come slowly and incrementally.

Exactly. It pisses me off so much that Ohio of all places is so freaking close to legalization and it's in danger of failing because of the very people who should be jumping for freaking joy. OHIO, for christ sake, OHIO. Literally no more than a few years ago, I was having a conversation with friends in the DC area about it and I stated fairly surely that Ohio would be one of the last states to legalize, if they managed to do so prior to federal legalization.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
01-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Pretty soon it will be legal everywhere as people learn that legal pot doesn't mean their kids are going to be born with three eyes and that pot smokers tend to be mellow and less homicidal than alcohol drinkers. However, cops and DEA agents who worry about their jobs melting away will oppose legalization forever. I was having coffee with some cop friends the other night and told them they were going to have to start looking for meaningful employment. I'm not sure they are still "friends."
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
01-10-2015, 10:54 AM
The next big thread will be "Adventures with Stark, Hobbitgirl, and Mary Jane"

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-10-2015, 11:11 AM
In all my years -- I've never seen a guy toke up a bong full and then beat the shit out of his wife or girlfriend....

turning into an asshole after some booze?? Legions....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-10-2015, 11:51 AM
(01-10-2015 10:54 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  The next big thread will be "Adventures with Stark, Hobbitgirl, and Mary Jane"

Thanks for the recipe Dom. I may have to try it if I get brave enough. Tongue

Lol Stark, you must start teaching us your ways. Oh master of the green leaf!
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
[Image: 5534dc946c381785cfd458a6b5e0b7f027762bbe...0781d0.jpg]

I'll probable will never try it. But i'm happy that it's now legal. So many wasted tax dollars fighting to get ride of it.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 5 users Like Commonsensei's post
01-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Amateurs Dodgy Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-10-2015, 09:38 PM
(01-10-2015 06:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I'm hoping once a few more states flip, the ban will be lifted at the federal level. It's annoying to hear stories about people doing things that are perfectly legal in their state, but that are illegal in the country.

It does need to change at the federal level. Here in Colorado, none of the pot businesses can get a bank account so they are totally cash businesses. Then the IRS has the audacity to tell these businesses that they must pay their taxes electronically or pay penalties.

(01-10-2015 11:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In all my years -- I've never seen a guy toke up a bong full and then beat the shit out of his wife or girlfriend....

We've only had one case here of a man shooting his wife after consuming edibles. But I'm think he's trying to hide something because it happened soon after a case where a young man jumped off a balcony. But there haven't been any other incidents since. There has been a lot more education on edibles which probably helped the newbies.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
01-10-2015, 09:41 PM
(01-10-2015 11:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  In all my years -- I've never seen a guy toke up a bong full and then beat the shit out of his wife or girlfriend....

That's what I tell people. I've never smoked it, but I'm for it being legal. I've had friends and acquaintances who served time. None of them had pothead parents but many had alcoholic parents.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post