Legalisation of Marijuana

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2010, 12:42 PM
RE: Legalisation of Marijuana
I think it should be legal. It would help the economy, and it is not as bad for you as alchohol which is legal.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2010, 04:03 PM

I support legalization of Marijuana. Market,tax and restrict access like unto cigarettes, and bolster the economy nationwide.

Unfortunately the legal drug of choice proponents, breweries, are against Prop 19 in California. I guess it would cut into their bottom line as the drug of choice. But imagine the perks! No drive by shootings, because some punk dealer got ripped off on a key, and figures they'll just shoot up a neighborhood because it's thought the grass thief may be living in any one of those dozens of houses in line of sight to the tech9 aimed and ready.

As it stands, medical marijuana is a joke. How is it unhealthy for the terminally ill, to smoke weed?Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2010, 08:54 AM

(16-09-2010 02:28 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  My only concern with marijuana use is the origin of the plant. Potheads will be potheads whether or not is legal or not. However, legalizing it may make it easier to grow the plant domestically, so marijuana users are not funding drug wars in Central America that lead to widespread destabilization and poverty.

Good point. However, is it worth sending our own citizens to lengthy prison sentences to save their economy?

I say legalize, regulate, and tax it.

Also, there should be no distinction between drugs being bad or good just because they're legal. Alcohol kills more people every year than any cannabis-related crimes. Plus, you can't kill yourself by just smoking it.

I will personally not use it if it's legalized, but I would never stand in someone's way of using it.
09-11-2010, 10:14 PM

As much as I don't like it personally, I think it should be legal and taxed. Prohibition doesn't work...just look at the the 18th amendment and what a joke it was.
10-11-2010, 02:12 AM
(09-11-2010 08:54 AM)tjenkins_1983 Wrote:  Plus, you can't kill yourself by just smoking it.

Bruce Lee, the first famous martial american arts movie star, died due to an allergic reaction to hashish. I don't know if that can happen with plain old pot.
12-11-2010, 12:57 PM
(10-11-2010 02:12 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(09-11-2010 08:54 AM)tjenkins_1983 Wrote:  Plus, you can't kill yourself by just smoking it.

Bruce Lee, the first famous martial american arts movie star, died due to an allergic reaction to hashish. I don't know if that can happen with plain old pot.

Sure can. I'm allergic to plain old pot. Haven't ever gone into anaphalactic(sp?) shock, but I am sure with enough exposure I would.

Just visiting.

-SR
12-11-2010, 01:16 PM

How exactly does that work anyways? I was around the fumes for a while an I woke up with the worst allergies I've ever had. Is it the fumes that do it, or the plant itself?
12-11-2010, 01:24 PM
For me it's the smoke. I've been around plenty of pot, but it's only caused allergies when it's being smoked.

Just visiting.

-SR
12-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Fumes are molecules of a substance. This is enough to affect someone with a very low tolerance. The smoke can affect you even if you are not actually smoking the substance. As you know, this is second hand smoke. It may not get you high, but it may set of allergies and other side effects. There is a lot more matter in the smoke than in the fumes. Direct smoking ingests a huge amount of the substance directly into one's lungs.

I suspect that Truth Addict may have been exposed to second hand smoke to create this allergic reaction.
09-12-2010, 01:13 PM

it has widely documented medicinal uses and is far safer then any of the pharmaceuticals that would be prescribed for the users ailments. its also far less dangerous then tobacco or alcohol and we have embraced those for years. in a truly free nation there is no reason that adults should not be able to enjoy any substance they choose so long as it has no direct effect on another person.