Legality of smoking weed in US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Legality of smoking weed in US.
Are you guys sure that possession is just holding the joint?

Here possession means having something like as if you're the owner, so if someone passes you a joint you wouldn't be in possession because you're not smoking it as if you own it, you're just accepting it from someone else.

Of course that if the cops get you, they'll charge you with possession, but that's a matter of proof not of law.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2013, 11:38 AM
(25-04-2013 11:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Well crap.

I guess I lose the argument.

Bleh.

And I'm sure you'll admit gracefully.

Of course.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Once, a long long time ago, me & my buddies were getting high out at a remote park. We'd smoked everything up save for a stem with no buds left on it. Cop showed up & "caught us". The cop didn't need a drug dog to know we'd been toking it up; it smelled rank (.../good Smile ). So I let him search the vehicle thinking everything incriminating was already burned away, but he found the stem in the ash tray. High, I thought we were in trouble, but the stem had absolutely no leaves, or buds on it, what so ever; might as well been any other stick on the ground. Never looked into any law to explain what happened, but we got off with a warning, "we catch ya next time, we might not be too late. You were lucky this time; I wouldn't push for more". Then....him & his partner left. Young & stupid = I left thinking "EPIC win. Fuck you fuzz", but we must not have broken any actual laws *shrug*!

25-04-2013, 01:36 PM
(25-04-2013 11:35 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Are you guys sure that possession is just holding the joint?

Here possession means having something like as if you're the owner, so if someone passes you a joint you wouldn't be in possession because you're not smoking it as if you own it, you're just accepting it from someone else.

Of course that if the cops get you, they'll charge you with possession, but that's a matter of proof not of law.

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-04-2013, 02:22 PM
(25-04-2013 01:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 11:35 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Are you guys sure that possession is just holding the joint?

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Tongue

Damn you Erxy, always building your language barriers to keep me away. You can't scape love Heart

[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
25-04-2013, 02:42 PM
(25-04-2013 02:22 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 01:36 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Tongue

Damn you Erxy, always building your language barriers to keep me away. You can't scape love Heart

Nor would I want to. Hug

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(25-04-2013 02:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2013 02:22 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Damn you Erxy, always building your language barriers to keep me away. You can't scape love Heart

Nor would I want to. Hug

OH!Blush

25-04-2013, 11:49 PM
(25-04-2013 09:54 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What blows my mind is how anyone, EVER, gets caught for possession. Seriously. In the states, it seems like people. Don't know how to say, "no." If a cop asks to search you or your property, just say no. If you aren't a complete idiot, your weed is out of sight either on your person, or on your property.

An unlawful search negates pretty much everything that occurs after the search. So even if an officer searches you after you've refused to consent, anything the officer finds that is not a threat to his/her safety is inadmissable as evidence of unlawful behavior. (if you are ever asked to be searched, refuse, and then the officer searches anyways, just stay calm and don't physically resist. Re state that you do not consent to any searches, then passively comply. Often an officer will search you with the excuse that they are concerned about concealed weapons. Just play along. If they find the joint, they'll try to convince you that you're in trouble. Don't worry. You're not, and they know it.)

Indeed.
This is with a lot of things. When I first started doing commercial law I was shocked as to how little I actually knew in regards to my customer and employment rights.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-04-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm going to take you back 40 years. There was a pretty common fear that you could be charged with trafficking if you were observed passing a joint. Stupid as it may seem, it was common practice when in a public space to set the joint on the bench or whatever and allow the other person to pick it up.

I love Stark Raving's post on the previous page. We are being conditioned to simply accept a search like a sheep. We accept the idea that "if you have nothing to hide...". Believe me, if there is reasonable and probable cause for a search - they're NOT asking for permission.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 2 users Like Heathen's post
26-04-2013, 08:11 PM
(25-04-2013 09:54 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What blows my mind is how anyone, EVER, gets caught for possession. Seriously. In the states, it seems like people. Don't know how to say, "no." If a cop asks to search you or your property, just say no. If you aren't a complete idiot, your weed is out of sight either on your person, or on your property.

An unlawful search negates pretty much everything that occurs after the search. So even if an officer searches you after you've refused to consent, anything the officer finds that is not a threat to his/her safety is inadmissable as evidence of unlawful behavior. (if you are ever asked to be searched, refuse, and then the officer searches anyways, just stay calm and don't physically resist. Re state that you do not consent to any searches, then passively comply. Often an officer will search you with the excuse that they are concerned about concealed weapons. Just play along. If they find the joint, they'll try to convince you that you're in trouble. Don't worry. You're not, and they know it.)

This is nice thinking, but the officer can make up an excuse if he wants to search you. If the officer needs to, he can call the dog to sniff around and the dog will always declare it smells drugs. So...simply refusing the search is really not an answer.

Now...once they search you, your car, or house, they can always find drugs....ALWAYS. I don't care if you have never done drugs or never seen drugs, the cops can manufacture evidence. All they need is a piece of dirt they can put in their drug testing kit in order to turn the liquid blue - and it will always turn blue and you will be arrested for drugs.

Now...if you live in a state where all drugs are sent to a central lab, then you are lucky and the ruse will be discovered. Nevertheless, you will be out a lot of money in lawyers fees, etc...

In Texas, they say, you can beat the Rap, but you can't beat the ride".....which is a way of saying that if the cops decide to fuck with you then you are fucked no matter what.

Also...don't even think about sueing for false arrest....everyone will laugh at you.

Don't assume we live in a free country.