Legality of smoking weed in US.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: Legality of smoking weed in US.
Pot cures cancer? Consider
Don't think I've heard that one before. Pretty sure if it was proven this whole illegal thing would quickly be reversed. But I'm no expert...

Drinking Beverage

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 06:46 AM
(04-05-2013 10:08 PM)blad3runn3r Wrote:  Why is up to me to do the research for you, look it up on the internet the same as I did.

You made the claims, you provide the evidence. It's called 'burden of proof'. That's the way it works.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-05-2013, 06:55 AM
(26-04-2013 08:11 PM)Julius Wrote:  If the officer needs to, he can call the dog to sniff around and the dog will always declare it smells drugs.

That is not true. The dog will only indicate drugs if they are present exactly where it sniffs. I happen to know a thing or two about that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-05-2013, 08:17 AM
(04-05-2013 10:18 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Pot cures cancer? Consider
Don't think I've heard that one before. Pretty sure if it was proven this whole illegal thing would quickly be reversed. But I'm no expert...

Drinking Beverage

Doesn't cure cancer.. It's not a generic cure all cancer drug.

It has anti-cancer properties. It will slow down or reduce many types of cancer. The strength of this effect is up for debate.

It's very much a case by case basis. Cancers are so diverse you can't expect one thing to cure all types.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
05-05-2013, 08:26 AM
(05-05-2013 08:17 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 10:18 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Pot cures cancer? Consider

Drinking Beverage

Doesn't cure cancer.. It's not a generic cure all cancer drug.

It has anti-cancer properties. It will slow down or reduce many types of cancer. The strength of this effect is up for debate.

It's very much a case by case basis. Cancers are so diverse you can't expect one thing to cure all types.

I always love the internet for these blanket statements. Cancer is not A disease it is the title given to several hundred afflictions some of them genetic some caused by outside sources most a combination of the two. This is also why no one can tell you exactly what your personal risks are for any form of cancer. They can just give you the statistics for the overall population.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-05-2013, 08:40 AM
(05-05-2013 08:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 08:17 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Doesn't cure cancer.. It's not a generic cure all cancer drug.

I always love the internet for these blanket statements. Cancer is not A disease it is the title given to several hundred afflictions some of them genetic some caused by outside sources most a combination of the two. This is also why no one can tell you exactly what your personal risks are for any form of cancer. They can just give you the statistics for the overall population.

Well said. Weed has been tested with many cancers, and a few of those cancer cells have shown to be killed under carefully created conditions. That indicates that weed MAY be helpful in treating SOME forms of cancer.

Right now, marijuana is an excellent drug to use in treating many symptoms, but as of yet, we do not know it's potential as a cure for any specific diseases.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-05-2013, 09:13 AM
It appears to be the most effective drug against nausea. My husband received every conceivable drug against nausea in the hospital without any success. He was literally starving to death, hooked up to intravenous feeding for a month and was skin and bones. I finally got him home, gave him marihuana and in the course of 2 months had him eating normally again. He got marihuana 1/2 hour before each meal, and starting with fluids through very thick fluids, ending up with normal food. He gained all his weight back.

In the hospital, he would start gagging when he even just smelled food, every time.

Without the marihuana he would have died post op after his first bout with cancer. It bought him some of the best times of his life. It did not heal any cancer. It just fixed the nausea and also made him more comfortable during rehab so he could achieve more goals faster. Without it, he likely would have never recovered after his first hospital stay.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
05-05-2013, 09:22 AM
It is absolutely amazing to me that, given the myriad of medical benefits marijuana has been proven to provide, that it is still such a controversy. We'll hand out narcotics like candy, but Odin forbid we let a sick person have a little weed.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-05-2013, 09:31 AM
(05-05-2013 09:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  It is absolutely amazing to me that, given the myriad of medical benefits marijuana has been proven to provide, that it is still such a controversy. We'll hand out narcotics like candy, but Odin forbid we let a sick person have a little weed.

But we CAN'T allow sick people to have weed! If we did, then we would run the risk of them being happy. You gotta remember, marijuana causes euphoria. And we wouldn't want sick people feeling that!!!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
05-05-2013, 09:55 AM
(05-05-2013 09:31 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 09:22 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  It is absolutely amazing to me that, given the myriad of medical benefits marijuana has been proven to provide, that it is still such a controversy. We'll hand out narcotics like candy, but Odin forbid we let a sick person have a little weed.

But we CAN'T allow sick people to have weed! If we did, then we would run the risk of them being happy. You gotta remember, marijuana causes euphoria. And we wouldn't want sick people feeling that!!!

Truly. Plus, think of all of the money that would be lost from prosecuting simple possession.

[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post