Legalization Vote in Ohio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Legalization Vote in Ohio
So I don't know if you all have seen the news on Ohio voting for legalization of medicinal and recreational use of marijuana this November.

http://responsibleohio.com/about/

From the looks of the proposed amendment it looks very reasonable and sane.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like MrKrispy601's post
17-08-2015, 06:55 AM
RE: Legalization Vote in Ohio
(17-08-2015 04:43 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So I don't know if you all have seen the news on Ohio voting for legalization of medicinal and recreational use of marijuana this November.

I'm just afraid the idiots that are crying "monopoly" are going to torpedo it. I've been fighting a losing battle, trying to get people to understand that 10 separate companies competing for the same business is NOT a monopoly. And even if you don't like all 10 companies... YOU CAN STILL HOME GROW!

I so hope this passes, but I'm not holding my breath because many of my fellow potheads are willing to shoot themselves in the foot because it's not a no regulation, anything goes, legalization. Hell, even comparing it to liquor production doesn't seem to get through to them.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-08-2015, 06:05 AM
(17-08-2015 06:55 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 04:43 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So I don't know if you all have seen the news on Ohio voting for legalization of medicinal and recreational use of marijuana this November.

I'm just afraid the idiots that are crying "monopoly" are going to torpedo it. I've been fighting a losing battle, trying to get people to understand that 10 separate companies competing for the same business is NOT a monopoly. And even if you don't like all 10 companies... YOU CAN STILL HOME GROW!

I so hope this passes, but I'm not holding my breath because many of my fellow potheads are willing to shoot themselves in the foot because it's not a no regulation, anything goes, legalization. Hell, even comparing it to liquor production doesn't seem to get through to them.

Yeah I mean we have to put regulations out there or else we'll be defeating the whole purpose. You know so one would ruin it if they let it run loose.
24-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Legalization would be step in the right direction. Hope it will came to be.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Long lines at the polls in Ohio.
I just got back from voting. Longest lines I have ever seen at the polls. It's not a presidential election. We're not even electing a congressman. What are we voting on?

Marijuana!

Sapere aude
[+] 3 users Like f stop's post
03-11-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Long lines at the polls in Ohio.
(03-11-2015 05:35 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just got back from voting. Longest lines I have ever seen at the polls. It's not a presidential election. We're not even electing a congressman. What are we voting on?

Marijuana!

You weren't too stoned to go? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2015, 05:44 PM
They should have done it next year to bring out the voters for the presidential election. The dems might stay home next year if they get this passed now.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
(03-11-2015 05:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They should have done it next year to bring out the voters for the presidential election. The dems might stay home next year if they get this passed now.

Maybe the republicans are counting on that.
03-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I'll be watching that result intently. Ohio is a weird political state.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
03-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Voting on the legalization of pot is not the most important issue on the Ohio ballot state. Issue 1 is a proposed constitutional amendment which would ban political gerrymandering of voting districts. That's a lot more important to the big picture than getting stoned.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post