Legalization Vote in Ohio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Long lines at the polls in Ohio.
Isn't gerrymandering already technically illegal? I know they do it but...

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 06:09 PM
(03-11-2015 05:35 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just got back from voting. Longest lines I have ever seen at the polls. It's not a presidential election. We're not even electing a congressman. What are we voting on?

Marijuana!

What happens if Issue 2 and Issue 3 both pass?

#sigh
03-11-2015, 06:12 PM
(03-11-2015 06:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2015 05:35 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just got back from voting. Longest lines I have ever seen at the polls. It's not a presidential election. We're not even electing a congressman. What are we voting on?

Marijuana!

What happens if Issue 2 and Issue 3 both pass?

Probably a long legal battle from what I'm seeing

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
03-11-2015, 06:51 PM
(03-11-2015 06:07 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  Isn't gerrymandering already technically illegal? I know they do it but...

Yes but as you say they do it anyway. It is my understanding that this amendment would take districting out of the purview of the legislature completely.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
03-11-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Legalization Vote in Ohio
They voted no Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
03-11-2015, 11:03 PM
(03-11-2015 10:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  They voted no Sad

The good news is Issue 1 passed. Now maybe the Ohio legislature can actually mirror the political demographic of the population.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
03-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Threads merged

03-11-2015, 11:34 PM
I wonder how close pot would have been if it didn't have the 10 grower limitation attached? I doubt it would have changed it that much...65/35 is pretty bad.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
04-11-2015, 05:04 PM
(03-11-2015 11:34 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  I wonder how close pot would have been if it didn't have the 10 grower limitation attached? I doubt it would have changed it that much...65/35 is pretty bad.

I saw a news story interviewing people who voted. Every person they had on talking about why they voted no said specifically that they wanted pot legalized but absolutely were not happy about the 10 grower limitation. Anecdotal to be sure, but who knows.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta