Legalize pot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: Legalize pot
(03-11-2012 11:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  I don't care if pot is legalized but I don't like potheads trying to bullshit their way into making it legal.

Like when people try to tell you what hemp is good for or what illnesses it can help with.....shut the fuck up, you want it legalized so you can get high, THE END.

Drinking Beverage
I never took any drugs and I'm confident that I never will in the future. Having said that, I do support the legalization of cannabis. What do you make of that? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
(03-11-2012 11:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 11:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  I don't care if pot is legalized but I don't like potheads trying to bullshit their way into making it legal.

Like when people try to tell you what hemp is good for or what illnesses it can help with.....shut the fuck up, you want it legalized so you can get high, THE END.

Drinking Beverage
I never took any drugs and I'm confident that I never will in the future. Having said that, I do support the legalization of cannabis. What do you make of that? Consider
I agree with your point. The people that try to say all the things that hemp is supposedly good for is like an alcoholic trying to find odd bullshit things that alcohol is good for. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.
04-11-2012, 12:45 AM
I have a sleeping disorder and PTSD. I have good reason to believe it helps with the former, and the DOD has been testing it with some troops (not me though unfortunately) after positive results from other folks with PTSD with more positive results. I have both, and I would enjoy smoking rather than drinking. There you go, there are my personal reasons, they are not bullshit, not one of them.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
04-11-2012, 01:11 AM
So I also said I was gonna comment but then sort of bailed, nek minute 10pages.

@The topic of gay marriage leading to marring animals and drawing the line.
No I do not personally believe that I'm saying that's an argument people make.

I already said at the start I support legalizing the shit.

As for drawing the line, no it's not bullshit at all. It's far from it.
Back in the day the line was drawn at only landed men being able to vote, over time that line was shifted to all men, then women, then black people etc.. I'm saying it starts with weed today but what does that result with in the future? all drugs being legal? From your argument of "it's my choice" then it most certainly will be.
"They can use their drug, why can't we use ours". You're using that same argument now with tobacco.

It's not as simply as "let me get high" because it all has flow on effects.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-11-2012, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 08:57 AM by TrulyX.)

I kind of agree, but they are, in a lot of cases, trying to get it legalized on a state level for medical purposes, when it's illegal on the federal level. If you are trying to introduce a drug to relieve pain, you can't really argue that it doesn't really relieve pain, but it does make watching cartoons a lot more interesting. That's especially the case when it's against the law already.

I do agree with it being kind of weird focusing on medical purposes, when you should be focusing on getting the drug decriminalized, prior to anything else. The penalties, jail time and fines, are a lot more absurd and problematic than not being able use it as a prescription, especially when a lot of the time it does give you the feeling that it is a lot more of a placebo effect, and they like getting high, as opposed to being really serious.

I'm not saying that the medial purposes are not there, I'm just saying decriminalization is more important, while medical use does come off to a lot of opponents as "bullshit". I don't, in detail, know how the regulatory system works for most medical drugs, but from what I'm heard, it's actually extremely difficult for a lot of them to even be put on the market, when made by medical professionals, specifically for certain things, so it's definitely funny to try to get weed taken seriously as a medicine, when the other arguments, for decriminalization, are actually pretty strong.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
04-11-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2012 08:55 AM by TrulyX.)
(02-11-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  It seems that drugs are illegal for moral or political reasons. They are either sinful or a threat to society.

However, most of the harm to society seems to be because they are illegal. Their illegality creates otherwise non-existent criminal behavior, with its harmful side effects for even those not involved.

If all drugs were legal, then the ill effects would be the same as for alcohol, i.e. health problems for users, addiction, impaired driving, other impaired behaviors. We already have mechanisms for dealing with these effects.

If we legalized drugs, most of the prison over-crowding would cease to exist, police assets could be redistributed, costs lowered.

The FDA would ensure purity, truth in labeling, etc.

I don't like having the nanny-state trying to coddle me. And if you think that I am sinful for using drugs, too fucking bad, it's none of your business.

And if you object because it would burden the health care system, shut up until we have socialized medicine - only then will that argument have any possible validity.

Just curious .....

Were you actually being serious there, or was that more an attempt at irony?

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
(04-11-2012 08:48 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  

I kind of agree, but they are, in a lot of cases, trying to get it legalized on a state level for medical purposes, when it's illegal on the federal level. If you are trying to introduce a drug to relieve pain, you can't really argue that it doesn't really relieve pain, but it does make watching cartoons a lot more interesting. That's especially the case when it's against the law already.

I do agree with it being kind of weird focusing on medical purposes, when you should be focusing on getting the drug decriminalized, prior to anything else. The penalties, jail time and fines, are a lot more absurd and problematic than not being able use it as a prescription, especially when a lot of the time it does give you the feeling that it is a lot more of a placebo effect, and they like getting high, as opposed to being really serious.

I'm not saying that the medial purposes are not there, I'm just saying decriminalization is more important, while medical use does come off to a lot of opponents as "bullshit". I don't, in detail, know how the regulatory system works for most medical drugs, but from what I'm heard, it's actually extremely difficult for a lot of them to even be put on the market, when made by medical professionals, specifically for certain things, so it's definitely funny to try to get weed taken seriously as a medicine, when the other arguments, for decriminalization, are actually pretty strong.
Decriminalization makes even less sense that the current policy. It's fucking laughable. Illegal to sell, illegal to buy, illegal to produce, not illegal to own....WHERE THE FUCK DID IT COME FROM? Come on man, if your saying its okay to smoke, then you must also accept all of the other parts of the business that goes with it. Growing, clipping, distributing, buying, and smoking go hand in hand.

04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Legalize pot
I just got done marking my ballot for Yes on I-502, the initiative to make pot legal for folks 21+. May the Green Spring Uprising start in the Pacific NW!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
(04-11-2012 09:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Decriminalization makes even less sense that the current policy. It's fucking laughable. Illegal to sell, illegal to buy, illegal to produce, not illegal to own....WHERE THE FUCK DID IT COME FROM? Come on man, if your saying its okay to smoke, then you must also accept all of the other parts of the business that goes with it. Growing, clipping, distributing, buying, and smoking go hand in hand.

Huh

What are you talking about???

Did you just infer something from that post, that I didn't intend to imply?

05-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I love the old, "you just want to get high" comment. It takes some real blissful ignorance to assume everyone who supports cannabis as a medication is secretly just looking for an excuse to get high. I donate to a cancer care program on a regular basis. I've shaken the hands of people who would have long ago died of wasting syndrome, had they not taken advantage of the appetite stimulating properties of weed.

It would also be ignorant to imply that the "getting high" part isn't often the goal. But for most, it's not simply one or the other. I love being stoned. I really do. It feels good, it's calming, and just about everything positive is amplified while everything negative fades away. Do I always want to be high? Of course not. But I also have a prescription. I have rheumatoid arthritis. I haven't been able to lift my arm above shoulder height for two years. The pain is powerful, and often unbearable. On top of all that, I am a farmer, and have some very laboriously intense responsibilities.

Marijuana is a powerful pain killer, and also a potent anti-inflammatory. Those two properties are enough to have given me back a life I thought I'd lost forever. You see, even something as simple as Advil (ibuprofen) will mess up my digestion. I really can't take any pain killers, and besides, if you want to see me really high, slip me some Tylenol 3s. But I guess that doesn't count, since codeine is legal.

I heard a very bright doctor say, "well sure one of the side effects of marijuana use is a feeling of euphoria! What's wrong with feeling a little euphoria?? He'll, we could all use a little more euphoria in our lives."

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post