Legalize pot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Legalize pot
[Image: 400x.jpg?1306898671]

We should totally legalize pot. I mean, what harm does pot do to you? Nothing. Yeah maybe it'll make you a little slow if you use it too much but hey, alcohol will fuck you up bad if you use it too much, and cigarettes will give you cancer. Pot helps fight some cancer, it's proven.

It's just these old people, man. They watched "Reefer Madness" and didn't get the fuckin' joke. I bet if we had them all on marijuana instead of morphine and oxycontin they'd be a lot more chill and stop ruining a good thing. 'Course the war on drugs helps kill brown people, so they'll probably keep it going out of spite just for that.

Anyway, peace.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
30-10-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Legalize pot
There's an Initiative on the state of Washington ballot next week to legalize pot. It's polling really well right now. Thing is, even if it does pass, it'll take about 5 minutes for the Feds to try to shut it down.

Thankfully, I already have my medical authorization so the vote really won't affect me too much. I just think the Reefer Madness needs to go away. Smokin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 03:35 PM
That's one thing you hippies got going on you you out west. The fundies out here, forget it. It will be thirty more years before it will happen. And I really do have a good legitimate medical need for it, though I don't think that should be a pre-req. The irony of the whole thing? Aside from California, TN is the countries biggest weed producer. If you are under circumstances that permit it (I am not) that means weed is much cheaper here than say NY, NY, or Baton Rouge, or those square states in the middle. To be fair, I am for legalizing all drugs for recreational use, which I've written essays about, but Marijuana, it is a hell of a lot more helpful that harmful. That one should be a no-brainer for everyone with even a little bit of data. I cannot understand how the neo-conservatives can say "I have the right to own my guns, and the government has no business taking them away from me." but somehow still says "Marijuana is bad....mmmkay. You shouldn't do it, it's dangerous, it's bad for you, therefore it should be illegal" It's the most nonsensical line of (dis)logic I've ever hear before in my life. The neo-cons need to make up their mind. Does the government own you and your private actions or not? That is coming from someone is a conservative by the way.

30-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Just a thought (not my opinion).

Legalizing weed could have its downsides. I mean if its legal then it could remove reasons for cops to search suspicious peoples cars/persons etc.. which in turn could lead to higher crime.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
30-10-2012, 04:33 PM
(30-10-2012 04:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just a thought (not my opinion).

Legalizing weed could have its downsides. I mean if its legal then it could remove reasons for cops to search suspicious peoples cars/persons etc.. which in turn could lead to higher crime.

This is an important point. Plus, lets not dismiss the amount of jobs lost by the Mexican Cartels if weed gets legalized. It's a sure bet they'll all want to move to America to find employment after they lose their hold on pot smuggling. Are we ready for that kind of influx of new immigrants?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-10-2012, 04:39 PM
(30-10-2012 04:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

This is an important point. Plus, lets not dismiss the amount of jobs lost by the Mexican Cartels if weed gets legalized. It's a sure bet they'll all want to move to America to find employment after they lose their hold on pot smuggling. Are we ready for that kind of influx of new immigrants?

Or they'll just up their supply of harder drugs.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
30-10-2012, 04:46 PM
(30-10-2012 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  This is an important point. Plus, lets not dismiss the amount of jobs lost by the Mexican Cartels if weed gets legalized. It's a sure bet they'll all want to move to America to find employment after they lose their hold on pot smuggling. Are we ready for that kind of influx of new immigrants?

Or they'll just up their supply of harder drugs.

> Supply ≠ > Demand. Class is over.Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-10-2012, 04:53 PM
(30-10-2012 04:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Or they'll just up their supply of harder drugs.

> Supply ≠ > Demand. Class is over.Smartass

Two words son; revenue. stream.

30-10-2012, 04:58 PM

It's an interesting thought. I'd be curious about how it works in other countries. Here in Canada, they don't use pot as a reason to search. Mostly, pot is found in a search for something else.

Besides, here and in the states, cops can't search you or your property (including a vehicle) without a warrant or probable cause. That is, unless you give permission. The vast majority of searches done in north america are done with consent.

The phrase, "I do not consent to any searches" is your best friend. When you are told, "if you have nothing to hide, why not just let me search. You are being suspicious" simply reply politely with, "my right to privacy is very important to me. I do not consent to any searches."

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-10-2012, 05:12 PM
(30-10-2012 04:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

It's an interesting thought. I'd be curious about how it works in other countries. Here in Canada, they don't use pot as a reason to search. Mostly, pot is found in a search for something else.

Besides, here and in the states, cops can't search you or your property (including a vehicle) without a warrant or probable cause. That is, unless you give permission. The vast majority of searches done in north america are done with consent.

The phrase, "I do not consent to any searches" is your best friend. When you are told, "if you have nothing to hide, why not just let me search. You are being suspicious" simply reply politely with, "my right to privacy is very important to me. I do not consent to any searches."

But that's what I mean, finding drugs would be classed as probably cause wouldn't it?
So ie: cop pulls a guy over, sees some weed has reason for probably search, searches and finds a dead body in the trunk. Obviously a little extreme but you get the point.

If weed possession isn't a reason for probably cause then of course the argument is snuffed out.
Though DL brings up a point about cartel. If you legalize it that profit then isn't going to drug cartels anymore (but into the pockets of big tobacco) which sure may cut profits but it's not going to deter them, they're gonna look for other means of cash. People like that don't exactly pack up shop and call it a day because of one little bump in the road.
You may see an increase/push in harder drugs. Maybe more things like illegal guns/kidnappings etc..