Legalize pot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: Legalize pot
(30-10-2012 05:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 05:41 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My bad. 100%.

Looked back and can see how you missed it. My last line was just ribbing. I guess I shouldn't have assumed you'd catch it. It's just that I see when you are joking when almost everyone else seems to miss it, so I figured you'd spot me the same way. I figured I could be a little more biting with you.

Sorry dude.

ah all good don't apologies.
The down sides of interwebz. They say body language says 90% of what you're saying ie: how you're saying it, angry/joking etc.. So that 90% is generally misinterpreted on the webz.
Also I'm gonna go with the "I just woke up" excuse.

Fuckin Earmuffs.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 05:52 PM
(30-10-2012 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How is "If you're not doing anything illegal.."
any more BS then "I value my privacy.."?
I agree how the cops phrase things isn't exactly fair, BUT pot calling the kettle african american.

The first question is often phrased using double negatives so that either a yes or no answer could be interpreted as giving the cop permission to do the search. That is wrong on the face of it. Trickery, and deceit.

The second phrase I provided was a optional answer, for me it is a true statement. I do value my privacy, and would say no to the cop whether I was doing something illegal or not (And for the record, I do not do anything illegal, aside from occasional speeding). However, I also pretty clearly said that you are not required to provide a response at all if you didn't want to.

30-10-2012, 06:01 PM
The idea behind "saying the right things" to police isn't to piss them off, cause trouble, or even to flex your rights. It's to communicate clearly that you know your rights, by demonstrating that knowledge. Nothing will piss a cop off more than saying to him, "I know my rights!" They hate it, and I don't blame em. Instead show them you know your rights by exercising them.

When faced with being searched, it is much better to be calm, reserved, and respectful. End the situation calmly, and the officer you are dealing with will appreciate it, and likely be more cooperative with you. A cops job isn't to help you, it's to protect you. They do that by finding bad guys. They find bad guys any way they can. It's their job.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
30-10-2012, 06:05 PM
(30-10-2012 06:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The idea behind "saying the right things" to police isn't to piss them off, cause trouble, or even to flex your rights. It's to communicate clearly that you know your rights, by demonstrating that knowledge. Nothing will piss a cop off more than saying to him, "I know my rights!" They hate it, and I don't blame em. Instead show them you know your rights by exercising them.

When faced with being searched, it is much better to be calm, reserved, and respectful. End the situation calmly, and the officer you are dealing with will appreciate it, and likely be more cooperative with you. A cops job isn't to help you, it's to protect you. They do that by finding bad guys. They find bad guys any way they can. It's their job.

Agreed. Do you think for some reason that conflicted with anything I have said?

30-10-2012, 06:05 PM
(30-10-2012 05:51 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 05:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ah all good don't apologies.
The down sides of interwebz. They say body language says 90% of what you're saying ie: how you're saying it, angry/joking etc.. So that 90% is generally misinterpreted on the webz.
Also I'm gonna go with the "I just woke up" excuse.

Fuckin Earmuffs.

I think this calls for a

[Image: 4b38d87f-6909-4bbd-8193-c6edca46c6ca.jpg]

The key to good bro hug is that it has be no more then half a second.

Quote:They're both BS to be sure. But they are also both true. It's just feeding back the bullshit that's been fed to you. Usually the first one to dish it out is the one to swallow it. Hence rule #2: offer no information. The cops asks, you answer. Stop.

Sure, but there is also different degrees of BS. While one is trying to prevent crime, one is trying to prevent being caught doing crime.

Quote:The first question is often phrased using double negatives so that either a yes or no answer could be interpreted as giving the cop permission to do the search. That is wrong on the face of it. Trickery, and deceit.

Yeah i completely agree, it's total bs. It may even be against the law? (law might state the a clear question must be asked) I think you could certainly argue it in court, after all how the cop asked the question was ambiguous and open for interpretation. Could get a case thrown out simply by saying "I thought by saying yes I was saying I did have a problem with him searching my car", bam you just got away with carrying illegal guns.

At the end of the day they're just trying to prevent crime and are going to try their hardest to do so, they come across every sort of person imaginable and generally have a good feel for if someone is doing something illegal or not (or are just racist).
And it's not like you don't have anything to stop them, like you mentioned there are several things you can say (or not say) to stop them dead in their tracks.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-10-2012, 06:12 PM
(30-10-2012 06:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 06:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The idea behind "saying the right things" to police isn't to piss them off, cause trouble, or even to flex your rights. It's to communicate clearly that you know your rights, by demonstrating that knowledge. Nothing will piss a cop off more than saying to him, "I know my rights!" They hate it, and I don't blame em. Instead show them you know your rights by exercising them.

Agreed. Do you think for some reason that conflicted with anything I have said?

Nope. Just expanding on the schooling for the youngins.

Why is everyone misinterpreting what I say today? Couldn't be my fault could it? Nah I'm perfect.............I need a hoot.

30-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I say just legalize the marajuana and get it over with....

U.S. government is sitting on a gold mine of revenue... just might give the economy the boost it needs to stabilize for a few months.. before it'll just collapse again.. heh.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
30-10-2012, 06:19 PM
@brohug. Um. No. When I see people brohug I get an uncontrolable urge to shatter their orbital sockets with a tire iron.

30-10-2012, 06:19 PM
(30-10-2012 06:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 06:05 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Agreed. Do you think for some reason that conflicted with anything I have said?

Nope. Just expanding on the schooling for the youngins.

Why is everyone misinterpreting what I say today? Couldn't be my fault could it? Nah I'm perfect.............I need a hoot.

I was asking because it was a response to what I had said. Seems reasonable enough to me Tongue

So, in conclusion, everyone agrees, with no cursing, on a thread that involves earmuffs. Maybe weed really is magical Cool

30-10-2012, 06:20 PM
(30-10-2012 06:15 PM)ddrew Wrote:  I say just legalize the marajuana and get it over with....

U.S. government is sitting on a gold mine of revenue... just might give the economy the boost it needs to stabilize for a few months.. before it'll just collapse again.. heh.

It may not be the gold mine everyone thinks it is.
(or it may be, I don't know the numbers)

If you legalize it you increase its use and hence increase health related costs (wait, you guys have nothing but private hospitals, forgot how stone age you guys are.), err scrap that idea.

But still due to reasons mentioned above like increase in crime due to pot dealers now having no revenue stream so resulting to crime etc..
Though I suppose less resources used on cracking down on weed could be diverted to cracking down on this..

I dunno, whatever.
You don't really know allll the side effects (good and bad) until you just go for it.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]