Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
(01-12-2013 07:39 PM)sporehux Wrote:  So the poll currently sits on 76% Rape apologists. {sarcastic clap}

Well that's just ridiculous trying to equate rape and prostitution. They are totally different.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
(01-12-2013 07:39 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  There are people who want to have sex for money,spore.
When i open up the advertising page on the news paper,a huge part is filled with "indian/ebony girl looking for goodlooking 25-35 male, $200 per hour. Call ########" and alike

Are you really so naive to think that person placed the ad, do you really think the girls gets more than 20% of that $200

70-90% of them can't speak the language of the country they are being pimped into FFS its twilight zone in here.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/greensl...ostitution

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
(01-12-2013 07:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Dude,what is better? A nice govt run brothel that
1.pays the girls atleast minimum wages
2.test girls once a week on std's
3.has a few secuirity guards incase of trouble

or
a dirty motel,with no secuirity,no tests on std's and no way of knowing if the girls get paid?

And if both scenarios leave women emotionally scarred and emotionally damaged? At least they are clean and make decent wages? Consider
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
(01-12-2013 07:39 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:34 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I don't think any of you get the message that existing illegal prostitution never goes legal, only new establishments take the legal path.
The suffering people you claim to be protecting are just ignored, same health dangers same abuse dangers.

Swept under the rug of big government did something at last so lets stick fingers in ears now and sing lalalalalala.

Everyone (frankksj) here is delusional to think sex workers want to have sex with their clients, and one sided sex may as well be RAPE.

So the poll currently sits on 76% Rape apologists. {sarcastic clap}

84% problem solvers,

Now would be the great time to tell us that you were playing devils advocate the whole time just to see how we would react.
01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
(01-12-2013 07:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Dude,what is better? A nice govt run brothel that

or
a dirty motel,with no secuirity,no tests on std's and no way of knowing if the girls get paid?

What better, bible or government laws on how to train your slave
or the abolition of slavery

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-12-2013, 07:47 PM
(01-12-2013 07:34 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Everyone (frankksj) here is delusional to think sex workers want to have sex with their clients, and one sided sex may as well be RAPE.

Can't you see there's a difference between "wanting to do something" vs. "enjoying to do it"???

Does a janitor ENJOY cleaning toilets? No. Does he WANT to clean toilets? Yes, in the sense that he wants the money it pays and is willing to tolerate the unpleasantness.

The same thing with a paid mistress. Does she ENJOY having sex with her benefactor? Probably not. But does she WANT to do it because she wants the money and is willing to tolerate it? YES. Of course she wants to do it, because if she didn't, she wouldn't do it.

You ran from my last question and refused to answer it even though I answer yours. Here's another one for you to run from...

I have a friend (true story) in her 30's. Really, pretty, huge implants, plumped up lips, and she LOVES the attention she gets. She married a conservative businessman (widower) who is in his 70's. They have an arrangement that she spends 2 days a week with him, and goes with him to his parties and on trips. In exchange, she gets VERY well taken of, and when he dies, she'll get it all. And the other 5 days a week she spends with her boyfriend. We talk about her arrangement all the time. Is she a prostitute? What about before they got married, when she still did the same thing. Then was she a prostitute? Is her husband a John? Should one or both of them be arrested? Is she a victim, or exploited?
01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
(01-12-2013 07:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

or

And if both scenarios leave women emotionally scarred and emotionally damaged? At least they are clean and make decent wages? Consider

I think this buys into the notion that if the taboo of sex was removed that you'd still have emotional scaring, which I would say is false.

And it almost sounds like a good consolation when you put it that way. Thumbsup
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
(01-12-2013 07:48 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And if both scenarios leave women emotionally scarred and emotionally damaged? At least they are clean and make decent wages? Consider

I think this buys into the notion that if the taboo of sex was removed that you'd still have emotional scaring, which I would say is false.

And it almost sounds like a good consolation when you put it that way. Thumbsup

I just think a lot of young girls who aren't emotionally mature enough to make the kind of decision to enter into his kind of business, would. It would be seen as a viable career option, not a lot of skill needed (yes, there is some of course, but not comparable to job skills needed to get a job of equal pay) and a great paycheck.

I think if someone who didn't have the right kind of maturity needed to know what sex means to them, and how it effects them on a deeper level, they could be emotionally scarred and damaged by having a job like this.
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
(01-12-2013 07:44 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 07:39 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  There are people who want to have sex for money,spore.
When i open up the advertising page on the news paper,a huge part is filled with "indian/ebony girl looking for goodlooking 25-35 male, $200 per hour. Call ########" and alike

Are you really so naive to think that person placed the ad, do you really think the girls gets more than 20% of that $200

70-90% of them can't speak the language of the country they are being pimped into FFS its twilight zone in here.
http://www.theguardian.com/media/greensl...ostitution

(this does not count as evidence)
a griend of mine does this to pay for school. She gets a decent ammount of money from it,and no1 is forcing her to do so

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM
(01-12-2013 07:45 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

or

yes,but how many of these emotional scars are from the taboo surrounding the job instead of the job itself?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....