Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
(02-12-2013 03:47 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 03:13 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I think the main issue with this issue is that very few people ask the prostitutes what they want.

I imagine that they would like not to be treated as criminals, but who knows.

Who knows?

:sigh:

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
(02-12-2013 06:02 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 05:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  I will say again, this shows your unnatural and unhealthy attitude to sex.

How is it unnatural and unhealthy to prefer reciprocally enjoyed sex.
I sure as hell don't want sex with my GF if she is not in the mood for it. Why is that unnatural ?

It is your highly negative attitude to those who have a different view. You keep using the words 'whore' and 'hooker', not seeing that others don't have the same requirements as you. Unemotional sex is still enjoyable sex to many.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 06:30 PM
(02-12-2013 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:02 PM)sporehux Wrote:  How is it unnatural and unhealthy to prefer reciprocally enjoyed sex.
I sure as hell don't want sex with my GF if she is not in the mood for it. Why is that unnatural ?

It is your highly negative attitude to those who have a different view. You keep using the words 'whore' and 'hooker', not seeing that others don't have the same requirements as you. Unemotional sex is still enjoyable sex to many.

For the client that is. The ones with such an empathy impairment they could not care less for the hollowed look of despair on their purchase.

People here seem to have the biblical view of women. Like cattle they can be bought and sold

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
(02-12-2013 06:30 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is your highly negative attitude to those who have a different view. You keep using the words 'whore' and 'hooker', not seeing that others don't have the same requirements as you. Unemotional sex is still enjoyable sex to many.

For the client that is. The ones with such an empathy impairment they could not care less for the hollowed look of despair on their purchase.

People here seem to have the biblical view of women. Like cattle they can be bought and sold

Ok, I give up.

You don't seem interested in other views.

Which is a shame because the post about the Swedish model was a good one.

Please just tell us your divine command and we shall obey.

02-12-2013, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 07:09 PM by sporehux.)
Smile
Ok just convince me that most sex workers are not feeling helplessness and despair each time they are purchased.

I don't think its wrong to take my stance in wanting to eliminate this suffering.

Btw: I use the derogatory view from clients point of view. Not mine. To me they are Victims who need support.

02-12-2013, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 07:04 PM by sporehux.)
(02-12-2013 06:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:30 PM)sporehux Wrote:  For the client that is. The ones with such an empathy impairment they could not care less for the hollowed look of despair on their purchase.

Ok, I give up.

I said before that I think the Swedish model is the best option. Has its flaws. But there is nothing better on the table.

All the benefits put forward for legalisation would only make sense if there was a government officer at every establishment and alleyway.

I just find it absured people are in favour of legalising something that causes so much suffering.
Its as if people think prostitution is what they see on TV shows.

02-12-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 07:04 PM by DLJ.)
(02-12-2013 06:49 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Smile
Ok just convince me that most sex workers are not feeling helplessness and despair each time they are purchased.

I don't think its wrong to take my stance in wanting to eliminate this suffering.

I can't speak for most... just for my friends.

No hopelessness or despair but they know they are in a high risk, high reward profession.

They work hard for their early retirement funds.
Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's demeaning.

They are fortunate that they can reject customers if they don't like something about them.

02-12-2013, 07:05 PM
(02-12-2013 06:30 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is your highly negative attitude to those who have a different view. You keep using the words 'whore' and 'hooker', not seeing that others don't have the same requirements as you. Unemotional sex is still enjoyable sex to many.

No, people have the view of freedom of choice and a free market. And it's not just women as sex workers.

02-12-2013, 07:07 PM
(02-12-2013 06:56 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:37 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok, I give up.

I said before that I think the Swedish model is the best option. Has its flaws. But there is nothing better on the table.

All the benefits put forward for legalisation would only make sense if there was a government officer at every establishment and alleyway.

I just find it absured people are in favour of legalising something that causes so much suffering.

It is the illegal sex trade that causes so much suffering. You refuse to see the difference.

02-12-2013, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 07:25 PM by sporehux.)
(02-12-2013 07:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:56 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I said before that I think the Swedish model is the best option. Has its flaws. But there is nothing better on the table.

It is the illegal sex trade that causes so much suffering. You refuse to see the difference.

And legalization creates conduits to this trade more so than the ones already there.
Countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported inflows of human trafficking.(not conclusive, but their is zero evidence HT decreases when legalized)
Http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/archives/29708

You cant think of prostitution as lonely Bill the single office worker going to a fancy day spa.

"Our empirical research used a global sample of 116 countries. We found that countries where prostitution is legal tend to experience a higher reported inflow of human trafficking than countries in which prostitution is prohibited. Our research thus suggests that in countries where prostitution is legal, there is such a significant expansion of the prostitution market that the end result is larger reported inflows of human trafficking. Legalising prostitution appears to boost the market for this fast-growing global criminal industry."