Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
(02-12-2013 11:45 AM)TheKetola Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  No, this isn't correct. I looked it up to be sure. Under decriminalization the law isn't removed. The criminal penalty is removed. Depending on how the decriminalization is applied decriminalized acts can still be a fine-able offense, or require a permit. This isn't at all what I advocated.

I don't think anybody here (except for maybe a select few) is advocating decriminalization. But it's basically the same thing, you remove the force behind the law, you are basically removing the law.

It isn't necessarily removing all the force behind the law. As I stated, it could could require a permit, or be an offense which you can be find for. I don't got 80 mph down the road because I do not want a fine, not because it's illegal.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 07:25 PM
(02-12-2013 06:49 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Smile
Ok just convince me that most sex workers are not feeling helplessness and despair each time they are purchased.

I don't think its wrong to take my stance in wanting to eliminate this suffering.

Btw: I use the derogatory view from clients point of view. Not mine. To me they are Victims who need support.

Why do you make the assumption that you prevent anything by making it illegal?
If anything making it illegal it just further harming those in 'helplessness and despair'. If they are indeed in a situation where they feel that prostitution is what that HAVE to do then how is adding jail sentences and criminal penalties helping them exactly?

02-12-2013, 07:39 PM
(02-12-2013 07:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 06:49 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Smile
Ok just convince me that most sex workers are not feeling helplessness and despair each time they are purchased.

I don't think its wrong to take my stance in wanting to eliminate this suffering.

Btw: I use the derogatory view from clients point of view. Not mine. To me they are Victims who need support.

Why do you make the assumption that you prevent anything by making it illegal?
If anything making it illegal it just further harming those in 'helplessness and despair'. If they are indeed in a situation where they feel that prostitution is what that HAVE to do then how is adding jail sentences and criminal penalties helping them exactly?

Ive said a few times DL, I want the Demand illegal not the supply. Like the swedish model of decriminalization.

And your statement "Why do you make the assumption that you prevent anything by making it illegal? "

Applies to murder rape etc. Of course you cant stop it, but you can make it it socially unacceptable.

How many 18yr olds are out there now finding it hard to pay rent, how many would consider selling their body after society says that it is ok to do so.then being pimped out for the rest of their life psychologically imprisoned by pimps who are masters of self esteem manipulation.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
(02-12-2013 07:39 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 07:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Why do you make the assumption that you prevent anything by making it illegal?

Ive said a few times DL, I want the Demand illegal not the supply. Like the swedish model of decriminalization.

And your statement "Why do you make the assumption that you prevent anything by making it illegal? "

Applies to murder rape etc. Of course you cant stop it, but you can make it it socially unacceptable.

How many 18yr olds are out there now finding it hard to pay rent, how many would consider selling their body after society says that it is ok to do so.then being pimped out for the rest of their life psychologically imprisoned by pimps who are masters of self esteem manipulation.

Again, you are not seeing the difference between legalized sex trade and illegal.

There would not be pimps under legal prostitution. There is no need of them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
I believe this conversation has reached an impasse.

We could hurl insults if you feel like it though. I mean, if you're bored.

02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Not a fair fight I don't insult easy Smile

Answer one thing though.

Would society be better off with prostitution eliminated (well as much as possible)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
02-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Fuck you DL.you are an immoral buffoon

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-12-2013, 08:16 PM
There is no point in reasoning with ya,spore.
You fail to see the flaw in your arguments,wich is that there is a difference between the illegal human trafficing and the legally regulated prostitution .

02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
(02-12-2013 06:49 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Ok just convince me that most sex workers are not feeling helplessness and despair each time they are purchased.

How can you keep pretending like you care about the wellbeing of the sex worker, when it's been exposed that you don't give a fuck about them?

Several of us have pointed out that you never take into account what life would be life for the sex worker if prostitution was not legal (such as my post #209 on page 21). Your response to all this? Nothing. You ignore it. You don't care if the sex worker would be dead or beaten or starving were she not allowed to earn a living. You just don't want to see their plight and would rather see them dead in their own country than being exploited in your own.

I wish you'd stop pretending that this is about empathy when you ignore this aspect every time it's raised.
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Let me describe the situation here,in suriname.
You apply for a permit to open a brothel
the permit giver evaluates the strategy used,and there are monthly checks by health inspectors and such.
You also have the illegal version of it(this is a minority now)
people are standing on corners offering sex ans sending adds to the newspaper. These people are more prone to get ripped of,abused and getting and spreading stds.
Before prostitution was legal,the majority did stand on corners and offer sex,and being more prone to the things mentioned above and more.
Obviously the majority has gotten benefit from the legalisation with regulations,and the minority is too stupid (or not in the position) to do it legimate.
Ofcourse there is human trafficing here also,mostly they get girls (and now increasingly boys) and get them abroad where they work as sex slaves 'n shit.
The illegal prostitution cannot keep up with the legal brothels,both in price,privacy,health risks, and a neat place and any other factors i forgot to mention.

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post