Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 11:21 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
(02-12-2013 10:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I get accused of not thinking it through yet I seem to be the only one who has.

Bull shit. Why won't you even consider asking the prostitutes what THEY want?! It's their life after all, shouldn't they have a say in what happens to them?! You refuse to even consider this because you like to think you're somehow anointed and know better than they how to live their life, so you're going to sit on your throne and save those wretched souls from their own stupidity.

To me, the real question should be what's in the best interest of the girls. We should ask them what was life back home that made them decide to emigrate and work as a prostitute. Ask them if they wish they could be sent back home. Learn what other job options they have, or if they're illegal aliens who will starve without this line of work.

No matter how many times people ask you what you think the girls want, you refuse to address it. The girls wants and needs aren't even worth discussing. *YOU* know what's best for them, and they're too stupid to make decisions for themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 12:36 AM by sporehux.)
(02-12-2013 11:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 10:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I get accused of not thinking it through yet I seem to be the only one who has.

Bull shit. Why won't you even consider asking the prostitutes what THEY want?! It's their life after all, shouldn't they have a say in what happens to them?! You refuse to even consider this because you like to think you're somehow anointed and know better than they how to live their life, so you're going to sit on your throne and save those wretched souls from their own stupidity.

To me, the real question should be what's in the best interest of the girls. We should ask them what was life back home that made them decide to emigrate and work as a prostitute. Ask them if they wish they could be sent back home. Learn what other job options they have, or if they're illegal aliens who will starve without this line of work.

No matter how many times people ask you what you think the girls want, you refuse to address it. The girls wants and needs aren't even worth discussing. *YOU* know what's best for them, and they're too stupid to make decisions for themselves.

Well I did advocate counciling and career support advice.
But go ahead and continue on your misguided rant

So 70% of Sweden are just as misguided as me.
Did you even bother to lookup the swedish model or was it easier to assume I was just pulling my ideas ou of my ass
Google search this , it wont attach:
analyzing the swedish model
its a doc file.
Im not claiming to know what's best for workers made redn undant by abolishing prostitution. Thats what qualified counselors are for.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-12-2013, 07:40 AM
(02-12-2013 11:58 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:21 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Bull shit. Why won't you even consider asking the prostitutes what THEY want?! It's their life after all, shouldn't they have a say in what happens to them?! You refuse to even consider this because you like to think you're somehow anointed and know better than they how to live their life, so you're going to sit on your throne and save those wretched souls from their own stupidity.

Well I did advocate counciling and career support advice.

Did you even bother to lookup the swedish model or was it easier to assume I was just pulling my ideas ou of my ass
its a doc file.
Im not claiming to know what's best for workers made redn undant by abolishing prostitution. Thats what qualified counselors are for.
I totally agree with frankksj on this one.

To say that ALL prostitutes are victims is disrespectful to the sex workers
that made this career choice voluntarily. Instead of telling sex workers what
is good for them, why don't we listen to them and let them tell us what
is best for them????? What is wrong with treating sex workers with respect,
as individuals that can decide for themselves what is good for them.
I have posted before a extensive survey among prostitutes
in New Zealand that has many quotes from sex workers. Let us listen
to the following video from a Swedish Sex Worker on her opinion of the
Swedish law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7nOh57-I8

The title of the video is "We want to save you! (And if you don't appreciate it, you
will be punished!)" This attitude of the people who consider all prostitutes
as victims remind me of Christians, who want to convert Atheism "for their own good".

Whether the swedish laws were successful in their objectives, is questionable.
The Wikipedia page on it is pretty good and contains many sources pro
and against the Swedish law.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Sweden#Research_on_prostitution_in_Sweden
[/url]
[+] 4 users Like black_squirrel's post
03-12-2013, 07:44 AM
(03-12-2013 07:40 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 11:58 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Well I did advocate counciling and career support advice.

its a doc file.
I totally agree with frankksj on this one.

To say that ALL prostitutes are victims is disrespectful to the sex workers
that made this career choice voluntarily. Instead of telling sex workers what
is good for them, why don't we listen to them and let them tell us what
is best for them?????
What is wrong with treating sex workers with respect,
as individuals that can decide for themselves what is good for them.
I have posted before a extensive survey among prostitutes
in New Zealand that has many quotes from sex workers. Let us listen
to the following video from a Swedish Sex Worker on her opinion of the
Swedish law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7nOh57-I8

The title of the video is "We want to save you! (And if you don't appreciate it, you
will be punished!)" This attitude of the people who consider all prostitutes
as victims remind me of Christians, who want to convert Atheism "for their own good".

Whether the swedish laws were successful in their objectives, is questionable.
The Wikipedia page on it is pretty good and contains many sources pro
and against the Swedish law.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Sweden#Research_on_prostitution_in_Sweden
[/url]

Damn. Good. Post.
ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-12-2013, 09:02 AM
@Sporehux, black_squirrel gave you an actual interview of a real-life sex worker explaining in detail her situation and reason for her decisions. Did you even acknowledge it? NOPE. You completely ignored it. Refused to comment. The actual sex worker's views are totally unimportant. You just keep proving that you don't give a flying fuck about the sex worker. If you cared one iota you'd at least have watched the video and listened to what actual sex workers have to say.

(02-12-2013 11:58 PM)sporehux Wrote:  So 70% of Sweden are just as misguided as me

It's not 70%. It's probably 95%. Pretty much all liberals and conservatives have this god-complex that they know better how every individual should live his life, and that they are saving the individual from his stupid self, and going to force him against his will to do it their way (for his own good), and what the individual himself wants is unimportant because he's too stupid to have a say in how he should live his life.

Just because 95% of the population does it doesn't make it right.

(02-12-2013 11:58 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I'm not claiming to know what's best for workers made redundant by abolishing prostitution.

Of course you are. You're claiming to know it's in their best interest NOT to be sex workers! Will you actually watch show a tiny bit of empathy for sex workers and watch that video and comment on it, and THEN explain why you have the right to take away that woman's ability to exercise free will, explain why you know better than her what's best for her, and why she shouldn't be able to make the decision for herself. And as a bonus question, explain how you feel when it people do the same thing to you and force you to do things against your will.
03-12-2013, 09:07 AM
I paid not to have sex tonight.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-12-2013, 09:09 AM
(03-12-2013 09:07 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I paid not to have sex tonight.

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Details?
Consider
lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-12-2013, 09:15 AM

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

How exactly would one get on that gravy train?

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
(03-12-2013 09:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

Carry on.

Drinking Beverage

Details?
Consider
lol

Big Grin

Nothing major. Just sometimes if the girls are over-tired or feeling a bit stressed or emotional, I'll buy them a night off.

I feel protective and powerful. They can feel relaxed and cared for.

All relationships are transactions... value is created.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-12-2013, 09:18 AM
(03-12-2013 09:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 09:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Details?
Consider
lol

Big Grin

Nothing major. Just sometimes if the girls are over-tired or feeling a bit stressed or emotional, I'll buy them a night off.

I feel protective and powerful. They can feel relaxed and cared for.

All relationships are transactions... value is created.

Fine and dandy, but I still expect an answer to my question. Smartass