Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
@sporehux, you can keeping labeling it "IMMORAL", and no matter how much everybody says it, you cannot accept that morality is subjective and everybody has a different opinion. Nope, you are SO convinced that your definition is the one and only one, that nobody else's matters. It's not even worth your time to listen to the sex workers' own opinions because their opinion is irrelevant--you are right, they are wrong, you need to force the world to live by your moral code. This is precisely the same justification the religious right-wingnuts use, and all tyrants throughout history. A far more evolved, intellectual position is to accept that everybody has their own opinion, agree to disagree, and just peacefully co-exist and stop trying to force everybody to do things your way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like frankksj's post
03-12-2013, 10:23 AM
(03-12-2013 10:17 AM)frankksj Wrote:  @sporehux, you can keeping labeling it "IMMORAL", and no matter how much everybody says it, you cannot accept that morality is subjective and everybody has a different opinion. Nope, you are SO convinced that your definition is the one and only one, that nobody else's matters. It's not even worth your time to listen to the sex workers' own opinions because their opinion is irrelevant--you are right, they are wrong, you need to force the world to live by your moral code. This is precisely the same justification the religious right-wingnuts use, and all tyrants throughout history. A far more evolved, intellectual position is to accept that everybody has their own opinion, agree to disagree, and just peacefully co-exist and stop trying to force everybody to do things your way.
Wow your a sore winner, and unless I've got Jedi powers I not able to do much forcing about my opinon.

Be a pretty crap forum if we all agreed don't you agree ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-12-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 11:00 AM by DLJ.)
(03-12-2013 10:23 AM)sporehux Wrote:  ...
Be a pretty crap forum if we all agreed don't you agree ?

In the interest of anti-crapness, I will have to disagree.

Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-12-2013, 02:15 PM
All debate involves the sharing of conflicting views.
Some people come across as extremely dogmatic, simply accusing their detractors of being 'wrong'.
As arguments impact on a whole lot of diverse considerations the 'wrongness' of specific aspects can be hidden by some issues seen to be acceptable.
Where questionable behaviour is legalised it is superficially condoned by society and is given a veneer of respectability. It is somehow thought that governmental sanctioning and corporate approval makes for a decent sanitized version.

As for prostitution, it may be claimed that such infidelity may keep marriages operative.It may also cause an innocent woman to catch a sexually transmitted disease and break up a family. Here in Australia legal brothels co-exist with free lancers working in lanes or the back seat of a car. Legalization has done little to stop this!

The whole issue is rather deeper than believing that "honest governments" will cleanse all aspects of prostitution. This is simply band aiding a problem in order to achieve yet another tax flow. Even so called legal brothels do not adequately restrict the exploitation of women, the spreading of disease, blatant erotic escapism, along with links to organized crime, such as drugs and stand over tactics, which occur in this country.It is unrealistic to believe that 'squeaky clean governments' will always work in the best interests of their citizens.
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Ha! After I voted, I realized the bar graphs (at least currently) resemble a hand flipping the middle finger.

That is all. >_>
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
05-12-2013, 10:20 AM
May I point out that the retort "the same was said about slavery" to the argument that prostitution will never go away is nonsensical because slavery still exists to this very day? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-12-2013, 08:02 PM
(05-12-2013 10:20 AM)Vosur Wrote:  May I point out that the retort "the same was said about slavery" to the argument that prostitution will never go away is nonsensical because slavery still exists to this very day? Consider

You may.

Permission, granted.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-12-2013, 08:50 PM
What i don't get,is why people voted for "free from govt and tax"
care to explain your choice?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
05-12-2013, 08:52 PM
(05-12-2013 08:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  What i don't get,is why people voted for "free from govt and tax"

I did, and that's only because "taxed like any other activity" wasn't an option. The point was I don't think there should be an EXTRA tax on it that's not on other services, because then you can effectively make it illegal just by taking on a 5,000% tax. I certainly wasn't suggesting blow jobs should get special tax breaks over food and other products.
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
05-12-2013, 09:06 PM
(05-12-2013 08:52 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 08:50 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  What i don't get,is why people voted for "free from govt and tax"

I did, and that's only because "taxed like any other activity" wasn't an option. The point was I don't think there should be an EXTRA tax on it that's not on other services, because then you can effectively make it illegal just by taking on a 5,000% tax. I certainly wasn't suggesting blow jobs should get special tax breaks over food and other products.

Blow jobs are legal tender in this household.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post