Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 09:41 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
Wait,i thought legal with reasonable constraints and regulations included tax?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
05-12-2013, 09:55 PM
(05-12-2013 09:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Wait,i thought legal with reasonable constraints and regulations included tax?

True, but I'd rather there not be some politician regulating sex, certainly not at the federal level. I simply do not see it as the role of government to dictate what we can and cannot do in bed. Besides it's unconstitutional. And I think it sets a dangerous precedent. What if Rick Santorum actually got elected (sends chills up my spine) and got to decide what was legal sexual activity for everyone? Missionary position with your wife: OK. Backdoor with a girlfriend: straight to jail

So had it been an option, I would have voted for: "No special laws at all at the national level. Congress shouldn't even be discussing it. If some local jurisdictions want to regulate, it's a moral decision and that's their business. Taxed the same as any other business."
06-12-2013, 01:13 AM
On its face i am ok with legal prostitution, till it involves sex trafficking.
06-12-2013, 02:29 AM
(05-12-2013 09:55 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 09:41 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Wait,i thought legal with reasonable constraints and regulations included tax?

True, but I'd rather there not be some politician regulating sex, certainly not at the federal level. I simply do not see it as the role of government to dictate what we can and cannot do in bed. Besides it's unconstitutional. And I think it sets a dangerous precedent. What if Rick Santorum actually got elected (sends chills up my spine) and got to decide what was legal sexual activity for everyone? Missionary position with your wife: OK. Backdoor with a girlfriend: straight to jail

So had it been an option, I would have voted for: "No special laws at all at the national level. Congress shouldn't even be discussing it. If some local jurisdictions want to regulate, it's a moral decision and that's their business. Taxed the same as any other business."

Fuck, look what happened in Colorado over cannabis. The prohibitionist lawmakers are having a heyday. Denver's legislators still may make it a year in jail penalty if a neighbor even claims to smell smoke or even a flower's scent, even though The People sent a clear mandate and overrode the politicians in ALL of Colorado to legalize.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-12-2013, 02:31 AM
(06-12-2013 01:13 AM)shallwechat71 Wrote:  On its face i am ok with legal prostitution, till it involves sex trafficking.

It's been legal in many Euro countries for decades, and is a big MEH there. The US is still slave to its batshit superstitious proclivities.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
31-08-2015, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 07:59 AM by Slowminded.)
Quoted from a different thread.

(31-08-2015 04:22 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Sex is vulgar to some christians. I personally wish they wouldn't procreate at all.

When it comes to prostitution I'm vehemently against it. In many cases it's not consensual sex, it's consensual sexual assault and in the worst cases, consensual rape.

A woman I know in Chicago worked as a prostitute and within a 3 month period of time, she had been raped 5 times. When someone threatens you with physical violence if you don't do what they want, for as long as they want, you have to make a choice.

She choice rape instead of physical assault that could lead to death, because in that line of work, girls they know end up dead or missing from time to time. Those kind of things go through your head.

And because she's a prostitute she can't report a rape to the police. Some of her clients have been policemen and that's a whole nother ball of wax.

I see legal prostitution as legalized sexual assault.

Then you throw in brothels that keep women as sex slaves. Don't even get me started on that.

Either way. Fuck you christians Smile

Well, prostitution is here and it is here to stay, it's not called "the oldest trade in the world" for nothing. Meaning , you can't get rid of it any time soon, not that I personally ever would anyway.
So, only thing you can do is to make it safer for all the parties involved.

How can you do that?

It's kinda obvious...by legalizing it.

If it was legal, then the girl you mentioned could report the rapist, and she wouldn't need to provide services to cops for free, and so on.
And she would (ideally ) be paying taxes and have health care and retirement plan and everything else other working people have.

More importantly , by making it legal you remove most of the power that brothels, pimps and sex traders have over those girls.

Ok, it`s never going to be a safest job in the world, considering that the very act puts you in a vulnerable position but a lot of jobs aren't safe.

Part of the problem comes with the fact that sex is a taboo (i blame religion for that ) . If it wasn't a taboo , going to a prostitute wouldn't be much different then going to a hairdresser or a dentist.
Maybe you gonna say that it is very different because sex is an intimate thing, but imo, it is intimate only when emotions are involved, but you are not going to a prostitute expecting to get or share emotions and then sex is just a physical activity.

There is also another angle to look at this from.
What about the people who can't get sexual partners, for various reasons. Could you really condemn them to a sexless life, in a world with no prostitution ?

Personally, I find prostitution to be an honest job, providing that everybody involved is an adult and doing it on their free will.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
01-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Some contraries already have legal prostitution in place. Hamburg, Germany, and Amsterdam, Switzerland are two that I've been to that have it legalised.

Zones are layed out for the activates to take place. The girls have to get weekly std testing, condoms must be used, servalence in is place. In Hamburg street girls stand next to the Police Station for quick response.

People should get the choice to do what they wish with their bodies.

Consensual sex is legal.(in a way)

Owning a business is legal.

But own in sex business isn't?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
01-09-2015, 04:18 PM
(05-12-2013 09:55 PM)frankksj Wrote:  

True, but I'd rather there not be some politician regulating sex
It's a financial transaction. Payment for services rendered.
Paint my door, wax my knob.. Same difference.
Get tax revenue and use some of that to pay for regulation of the industry.
04-09-2015, 11:04 PM
It isn't prostitution that's immoral, dehumanizes people or causes psychological trauma, but rather the conditions that create a need for it in the first place. The fact that someone has to sell their body and their labor to make ends meet or have any sort of standard of living is abhorrent
04-09-2015, 11:09 PM
At work.

Um.... again, I don't quite follow.

The transaction of payment for services would seem seperate from the stygmatization of said and or certain services....?

Just a thought/post.