Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
(15-05-2016 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 03:05 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Really, because the marriage rate might say differently. Uncommitted sex is more available than ever before and yet most men are still lining up to get married or want to get married.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163802/marria...opped.aspx

The over generalization that men mostly want uncommitted sex looks a bit shaky to me.

I fail to see exactly what this had to do with anything I said.

You tried to defend his generalizations, you and he are wrong.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 03:21 PM
(15-05-2016 03:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I fail to see exactly what this had to do with anything I said.

I didn't though lol.
15-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Personnaly, the idea that men are searching something fundamentaly different in their sex life and relationship than women seems odd to me. On average men and women have a similar number of sexual partner in their lives (varing from 4 to 7), hold relationship for a similar amount of time depending on their country of origin (from 6 years in USA to 17 years in Italia) and divorce for basically the same reasons no matter the sex (lack of commitment and frequent arguing are the most cited reasons). Basically people hook up rather frequently, build things and sometimes grow appart and divorce. With all that in mind, I think there isn't any fundamental differences in how men and women as a whole want in a relationship, we want some security, intimacy, a healthy sex life, trust, respect, equality and personnal commitment.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
15-05-2016, 03:24 PM
(01-12-2013 09:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's already legal in a huge number of countries. I listed many of them in a thread a while ago.

I'll fish out the link. brb.

I live in the Dominican Republic and it is legal here. No tax, no hassle, the restriction is that it is supposed to be just the woman who does it that makes any money from it, as in no pimps. Though it is supposed to be a no pimp business one drives past brothels with names such as Lust After Work (in English) and one cannot imagine that it isn't a third person gaining from the sexual exchange. I haven't been in Lust AFter Work, but cannot imagine what else it could possibly be. As a retired white American I am the natural prey of these girls and a couple of cities I cannot walk down the street for 2 blocks without being touched by a hopeful girl.
In Panama every sex worker has to go in once a week and get a physical. If they have any infection in their body they do not get their card for that week. Even a tooth starting to go bad. A new card is issued each week with the girl's picture on it and the date it expires in bold print. A man is required by law to ask to see her card. Police decoys walk the streets looking to arrest men who do not do so. It cost me a $100 bribe for not knowing that law.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
15-05-2016, 03:25 PM
(15-05-2016 03:21 PM)epronovost Wrote:  . On average men and women have a similar number of sexual partner in their lives,

Lol.
15-05-2016, 03:28 PM
(15-05-2016 03:24 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 09:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's already legal in a huge number of countries. I listed many of them in a thread a while ago.

I'll fish out the link. brb.

I live in the Dominican Republic and it is legal here. No tax, no hassle, the restriction is that it is supposed to be just the woman who does it that makes any money from it, as in no pimps. Though it is supposed to be a no pimp business one drives past brothels with names such as Lust After Work (in English) and one cannot imagine that it isn't a third person gaining from the sexual exchange. I haven't been in Lust AFter Work, but cannot imagine what else it could possibly be. As a retired white American I am the natural prey of these girls and a couple of cities I cannot walk down the street for 2 blocks without being touched by a hopeful girl.
In Panama every sex worker has to go in once a week and get a physical. If they have any infection in their body they do not get their card for that week. Even a tooth starting to go bad. A new card is issued each week with the girl's picture on it and the date it expires in bold print. A man is required by law to ask to see her card. Police decoys walk the streets looking to arrest men who do not do so. It cost me a $100 bribe for not knowing that law.

I imagine they're much healthier than the street walkers here. You don't mention men prostitutes. Are they under the same restrictions and licensing?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
15-05-2016, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2016 03:43 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(14-05-2016 11:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Oh so now your problem is about using anecdotes when you clearly used 0 citations for everything you said in your post?

Right, let me do that. Sorry 'bout that. My laziness is a big problem.

For men slowly leaving relationships

http://www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/S/Sm/Smit...strike.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way

Notice the word slowly.

For women looking for relationships more often than men. To add, even casual sex for women is different than it is for men, in fact casual sex for women actual helps with this.

https://books.google.com/books?id=EQo8Ik...in&f=false

And for the casual sex being harder. I don't mean getting it or even finding it. I meant what happens around it.

https://www.dur.ac.uk/news/newsitem/?itemno=6670

(14-05-2016 11:59 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  "Men are like this", "women are like that". Humans and their relationships are much more complicated than that. "Men don't want to commit"? What the actual fuck?

I speak in a less nuanced sense for this. Also never said men didn't want to commit, nor am I saying women don't want casual sex, just that it is different for men and women. Also my original point was that women call each other sluts more thanks to intraspecific competition

EDIT: Turns out the second link doesn't work, I thought it did because it showed on my kindle. The book it is from is called Why Men want sex and women need love and it goes over casual sex for women, why they do it, and why it is important.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-05-2016, 03:33 PM
(07-05-2016 04:45 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 04:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I think that this is part of the base that modern gender norms are built upon, where we see women being valued for their chastity, and those who discard it are shamed for 'devaluing' not only themselves, but also by extension their families.

Right. Women are shaming other women who freely offer sex.

Quote:But using marriage for such power brokerage is rather antiquated, but the shame aspect has not diminished nearly as much. That shame probably has a basis in male control over women's sexuality and is meant as a tool to enforce their dominance. But we're long past the time when women should be shamed for the same sexual empowerment men are lionized for, let alone trying to make am honest buck off of it.

Are you trying to blame men for women expressing distaste for other womens sexuality lol?

Edit:
Quote:Plus, doesn't prostitution devalue that person to someone else interested in and looking for a steady monogamous relationship, thus raising the value of such other people in that market place?

No. Men aren't looking for commitment in the same way women are.
THis isn't precisely on topic, but is relevant to talk of sex being a commodity.
By the same token there are many who make statements such as "All men have a lot of women, but women aren't like that!" Which I choose to refute by saying that at any given time there are as many men with women that are not "theirs" as there are women with men that are not theirs.
15-05-2016, 03:37 PM
(15-05-2016 03:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 03:08 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I fail to see exactly what this had to do with anything I said.

So tell s your generalization.
15-05-2016, 03:39 PM
(15-05-2016 03:25 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 03:21 PM)epronovost Wrote:  . On average men and women have a similar number of sexual partner in their lives,

Lol.

Actually he is right.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube