Poll: Should Prostitution be legalized
Yes, free from government and tax
Yes, with reasonable constraints and regulations
No, because it's immoral/dehumanizes people/causes psycological trauma
No, it's against my religion
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Legalizing Prostitution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Legalizing Prositution
(01-12-2013 05:50 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 05:13 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I added you a poll bud, the options good to you or do you want just straight yes or no?

Poll is good (unlike your morals Tongue )

Haha, and your face Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
(01-12-2013 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Government regulation is violence to him.

No, I've explained it many times. It's not my definition, it comes straight from the dictionary:

violence: rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment

Regulation isn't violent. Shooting someone (or threatening to) that is violent. Is that really so incomprehensible? If, in Sweden, nobody is being threatened with physical force, such as a batton, a taser, handcuffs, incarceration, etc., then it's not violence!!! Got that? If, they're "shaming" John's, publishing their pictures in the paper, etc., that's NOT violence. I never said it was, so please stop making this stuff up.

However, if someone is arrested and told they'll be tased and shot if they resist, that IS violence. Why can't you get your head around this?

(01-12-2013 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because you have no actual alternative.

Wrong again. Read my post #37. I _DO_ discuss non-violent alternatives. Note that NOBODY disputed them. Nobody said they wouldn't work. Nobody said anything bad about them. You just dismissed them without consideration because they didn't involve violence, and you seem to be believe that it's impossible to solve any problem without violence. My solution is always finding a way to empower the victim, so she's no longer a victim. Your solution seems to always be to haul people off at gunpoint if they do anything you don't like.
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
(01-12-2013 06:01 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Regulation isn't violent.

It rather implicitly is.

An unenforced regulation is just a suggestion...

... this is my signature!
01-12-2013, 06:10 PM
(01-12-2013 06:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

It rather implicitly is.

Precisely.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 06:14 PM
(01-12-2013 06:01 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Government regulation is violence to him.

No, I've explained it many times. It's not my definition, it comes straight from the dictionary:

violence: rough or injurious physical force, action, or treatment

Regulation isn't violent. Shooting someone (or threatening to) that is violent. Is that really so incomprehensible? If, in Sweden, nobody is being threatened with physical force, such as a batton, a taser, handcuffs, incarceration, etc., then it's not violence!!! Got that? If, they're "shaming" John's, publishing their pictures in the paper, etc., that's NOT violence. I never said it was, so please stop making this stuff up.

However, if someone is arrested and told they'll be tased and shot if they resist, that IS violence. Why can't you get your head around this?

(01-12-2013 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because you have no actual alternative.

Wrong again. Read my post #37. I _DO_ discuss non-violent alternatives. Note that NOBODY disputed them. Nobody said they wouldn't work. Nobody said anything bad about them. You just dismissed them without consideration because they didn't involve violence, and you seem to be believe that it's impossible to solve any problem without violence.

Just fuck off. You do this over and over. You are a dishonest arsehole.

Quote:
My solution is always finding a way to empower the victim, so she's no longer a victim. Your solution seems to always be to haul people off at gunpoint if they do anything you don't like.

You are arguing for a complete cessation of those means. Not possible.

If you would like to have a reasonable discussion about appropriate law enforcement, great.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
RE: Legalizing Prostitution
Guise, how could you let me go nine pages with the title of the thread misspelled? I thought I could count on you Sad(
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
A taser to nut sack is not violence.it gentletle compliance.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
(01-12-2013 06:15 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Guise, how could you let me go nine pages with the title of the thread misspelled? I thought I could count on you Sad(

Well, I was going to say something, but then you finally fixed it.

Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
01-12-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 06:38 PM by frankksj.)
(01-12-2013 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  Just fuck off. You do this over and over. You are a dishonest arsehole.

Look, Chas. I explained in my first post ages ago what I meant by violence. The only reason I keep saying the same thing over and over, is because it STILL hasn't sunk in. After all this explanation, you STILL insist that I've said regulation in and of itself is violence. When have I said that? Copy and paste? Of course, you can't because you're making it up.

So if you want me to stop correcting you over and over and over, then stop playing games and pretending like the concept of violence is just too complex for you to get your head around.

(01-12-2013 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are arguing for a complete cessation of those means. Not possible. If you would like to have a reasonable discussion about appropriate law enforcement, great.

Hardly. I've agreed with you about hauling off at gunpoint the perpetrators who force women into prostitution, the John's who rape them or hit them, the human traffickers who prevent their escape. I am 100% in favor of law enforcement.

The ONLY time I disagree with you is when you propose something non-reciprocal, where you want to use violence against someone who himself is not violent, but is just doing something you don't like. I know this is impossible for you to believe, but THERE ARE non-violent alternatives. I've advocated setting up help centers to provide these women with counseling, rehab, food, medical care, housing, job training and placement, and any other support they need. The _ONLY_ thing I'm against is you hauling off at gunpoint a non-violent person just because he does something you don't like.

Now, if you want to stop the vicious cycle that's repeated 100x of me re-explaining this, then stop pretending like you can't understand it. It is NOT complicated.
01-12-2013, 06:37 PM
(01-12-2013 06:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

It rather implicitly is.

Like Chas you find this impossible to believe, but there actually are non-violent ways to enforce rules. Believe it or not, a gun is not a necessary component to solve a problem.

For example, it was suggested Sweden uses shame and humiliation to enforce the regulation. Fine. That's not violent. They may use fines with liens on your property. Fine. That's not violent. Even better yet, provide an incentive for people to do the right thing, and setup a system where it's a win-win for everyone. Why is it so impossible to accept that a gun isn't required?