Lego

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Lego
My five year old has gotten into lego and given me an excuse to revive my legoing youth. I have been watching the JANGBRICKS youtube channel and thought I might point out a few models.

Mr 5 recieved this model as a present a while back - it was the first one he really got into:

This was a Christmas present:

This was his favourite Christmas present:

Does anyone here get into this sort of thing?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Lego
I got the Ghostbusters car from my bro. Have no idea what compelled him to buy me LEGO, but he nailed it. It was nostalgic (and even slightly challenging) to put together, and is now proudly displayed in my living room. Lol

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-01-2015, 10:08 AM
My library had a lego club during the summer, I supervised. Tons of fun to build. Have you seen the lego movie?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
12-01-2015, 10:15 AM
This one, Stark?

It looks pretty nice Smile

I have seen the lego movie. It might have been part of the spark of inspiration looking for gift ideas.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
12-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Love lego. Played with it excessively as a kid and it's by far the easiest 'toys' to stock on the shelf at work now.
Lego > Iron Man Barbie.

[Image: oscar.png]
12-01-2015, 06:47 PM
(12-01-2015 06:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Love lego. Played with it excessively as a kid and it's by far the easiest 'toys' to stock on the shelf at work now.
Lego > Iron Man Barbie.

I believe what Muffs is saying is Legos will turn your kid into an antisocial gay virgin Kiwi.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-01-2015, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2015 06:48 AM by DLJ.)
Ah, yes, fucking LEGO ... and bionicles ™

Oh! the hours and hours of joy picking up the thousands of intricate pieces from the floors of various rooms -- have you ever got out of bed and stood, barefoot with your full weight on one of the small square ones?

[Image: step-on-a-lego-brick.png]
[Image: 31cf14a580b0ccf02d607006ecda1059.jpg]
[Image: stepping_on_legos_oatmeal.png]

As a child, I don't think I ever made one single construction but as a parent I could real get in touch with my inner Aspie during the tidying, sorting, categorising and stacking process.

Thumbsup

My son (the full-blown Aspie) oddly enough, did make constructions (usually towers) and didn't seem to get in to the real joy of the toy ... the cataloging of the all the pieces.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Quote:Oh! the hours and hours of joy picking up the thousands of intricate pieces from the floors of various rooms

You're doing it wrong.

pro lego tip: Put down a sheet before playing with lego. That way you can tip all your lego onto the sheet and at the end of said build session you can pick up the sheet (via the corners) and poor the lego easily and effortless back into your lego box.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-01-2015, 08:52 PM
(12-01-2015 08:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Oh! the hours and hours of joy picking up the thousands of intricate pieces from the floors of various rooms

You're doing it wrong.

pro lego tip: Put down a sheet before playing with lego. That way you can tip all your lego onto the sheet and at the end of said build session you can pick up the sheet (via the corners) and poor the lego easily and effortless back into your lego box.

Not that it's likely but if you ever acquire children and one has ADHD... then we can talk.

Dodgy

12-01-2015, 09:14 PM
(12-01-2015 08:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

You're doing it wrong.

This is exactly how we played with Lego.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post