Lego

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Lego
(21-02-2015 10:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  Lego, for what it is, is wayyyy overpriced.

Its a shame as I think every child should grow up with lego. You should get it given to you from school, not as a gift.

It's no more expensive now than it's ever been; precision manufacturing doesn't come cheap.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
22-02-2015, 04:01 AM
So I'm stocking the Lego yesterday, specifically the Lego City series, and I come across a truck with some dudes and a crane on the back of the truck. The crane is than holding a port-a-potty with a dude sitting in it holding a roll of toilet paper. I lol'd, there is literally a toilet paper lego piece.

Ah, good ol' trusty Google Images.
[Image: 60073-LEGO-City-Demolition.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-02-2015, 06:08 AM
With 3d printing, soon I'll just be able to download an illegal copy of a Lego file.

'Murican Canadian
22-02-2015, 06:19 AM
Ahh Service Truck, set 60073 with 233 pieces. I don't have it but have seen it advertised and can't fault a little toilet humour for extra play value.

This is the set I talked my son into choosing as a present for his friend's birthday today:

Not bad for $15. And to think he wanted to get this lego batman set instead:

My son wants this set for his birthday, and here I'm with you all on "overpriced":

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Ahh Lego... Oh the nostalgia!

I remember one time I got a Tie Fighter build for Giftmas, it was damn fun to put together, damn big too. Alas, it did not survive my childhood and many parts have gone missing, other parts were cannibalised into my own works after it's slow disintegration.

I still have a big tub full of pieces in my closet...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-02-2015, 07:04 AM
The sets I had as a kid did not have themes to it...

It was just blocks, some gears and a couple different types of axles for gears and wheels.

Anything you came up with - was up to you.

I liked that.....

Sort of the atheist version - instead of the dogmatic type.....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-02-2015, 07:09 AM
(22-02-2015 07:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The sets I had as a kid did not have themes to it...

It was just blocks, some gears and a couple different types of axles for gears and wheels.

I liked that.....

Smile

Yeah, but without the direction, all you did was build perfectly symmetrical towers and cubes... Or was that not a thing you people did?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-02-2015, 07:13 AM
(22-02-2015 07:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-02-2015 07:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The sets I had as a kid did not have themes to it...

I liked that.....

Smile

Yeah, but without the direction, all you did was build perfectly symmetrical towers and cubes... Or was that not a thing you people did?
I don't recall.... I suppose I could go drag it out and see what I come up with.....

Yep -- still have it.... Got several sets - in a 100lbs wooden nail barrel - that's half full... Stashed in my dad's house........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-02-2015, 08:07 AM
If I had children they would get Lego mindstorms.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
22-02-2015, 08:57 AM
(21-02-2015 11:05 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  Lego, for what it is, is wayyyy overpriced.

Its a shame as I think every child should grow up with lego. You should get it given to you from school, not as a gift.

It's no more expensive now than it's ever been; precision manufacturing doesn't come cheap.

It's good to see somebody appreciates quality......

Precision mass manufacturing is WHY Lego is the industry leader ---

There's cheaper building blocks out there - but they just don't stack up....

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post