Lesbians and Religious Dads.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: Lesbians and Religious Dads.
LJ, saying your BC relatives are Menno is like saying hey, you know Mike from Canada? You know, mike.

Such a big Menno population here. We've got so many MCC thrift shops kicking around I fail to see how they could possibly be making any prophet... <---- Smile

I'm this hilarious in real life too.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Mike from Canada? yeah i know Mike from Canada. Everyone knows Mike from Canada.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Ahahaha my husband is named Mike. He is from Canada, grew up by you. SEE!
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
18-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Hy, I'm Mike, Mike from Canada...

Anyone knows where this line came from?

Smile

Why would you people use some muscle relaxant if you smoke? Isn't MJ natural muscle relaxant? Why intoxicate yourself with some medication when God gave us natural medication?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-05-2012, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2012 08:37 AM by DeepThought.)
(18-05-2012 01:13 AM)Filox Wrote:  Why would you people use some muscle relaxant if you smoke? Isn't MJ natural muscle relaxant? Why intoxicate yourself with some medication when God gave us natural medication?
I think I can answer that. I rarely if ever take any kind of sedatives... especially benzodiazapines. The benefits for me: easy to take (swallow a pill vs smoking and coughing up phlegm the next few days). I always found it hard to sleep when I'm high on mj. My head would be spinning and a hundred thoughts a second going through my brain. Especially if I'm high and there's no-one else around to anchor my thoughts (like when I'm trying to sleep).

Much easier to sleep taking a hypnotic sedative - especially if it isn't a regular use thing.

If taken regularly I think benzo withdrawal is nasty. Can mess your head up for years and there and the benefits diminish back to baseline once drug tolerance kicks in (roughly 1-2 weeks of continuous use depending on compound). There is also some degree of cross-tolerance.

So if it was me deciding I would ask: How does this drug affect me and will I want to take it long term?
Often with medications they have limited usefulness.

Eg. With my Ritalin I know that it isn't a practical solution long term. It's helping me for now though I'm going to find an alternative that is healthier and more practical.

I found out that low dose Selegiline may be a possibility for me: http://www.selegiline.com/adhd.html
Combining this with meditation practice it could help me on a more long term basis.

Selegiline is artificial and shown more health benefits than MJ. Selegiline doesn't make you high so I don't blame you for not liking it. Tongue

Quote:Among many pharmaceuticals that have been tested for their effects on longevities of different animal rodents, deprenyl is unique in that its effects on longevity has been tested in at least four different animal species by independent research groups and that the effect has been postulated to be due to its effect of raising such antioxidant enzyme activities as superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) in selective brain regions. Thus far, in all four species of animals examined (rats, mice, hamsters, and dogs), a positive effect was demonstrated, although the extent of its effect is quite variable.

Guess what Filox! It can lower cancer risk and science has demonstrated this effect in vivo. Big Grin

Quote: Although deprenyl has been claimed to have several other effects, such as a radical scavenging effect and a neuroprotective effect, past reports on its effects on longevities and antioxidant defenses are compatible with the notion that the drug prolongs the life span of animals by reducing the oxidative damage to the brain dopaminergic system during aging. Further, our studies on F-344 rats as well as a dog study by Ruehl et al. suggest that the drug may at least partially prolong the life span of animals by enhancing immune system function and preventing tumor development in animals.

MJ isn't a magic cure-all and has it's own set of problems. Did you know it can actually cause certain types of arthritis/inflammation. It hangs around in the fat stores for years. The bursa contain allot of fat and the active components of mj are fat soluble. Somehow if it builds up for long enough it can cause the immune system to start attacking the bursa causing inflammation and then bringing on arthritis. That is just one example. Everyone reacts differently so remember that before you go handing out 'it's all good' brochures.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
18-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Also I don't smoke pot anymore. Haven't for a few years now. Or cigarettes. I don't drink either. Prescriptions are my wild side. LOL, though I hesitate to ever use them either. I'm only using them now as a necessity. I'm fine with them most of the time, but they make me kind of sleepy and loopy a bit. So I usually start out ok, but I begin to lose my focus. I will post something and then ramble, completely losing whatever point I may have had.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-05-2012, 09:10 AM
(18-05-2012 09:08 AM)lucradis Wrote:  So I usually start out ok, but I begin to lose my focus. I will post something and then ramble, completely losing whatever point I may have had.
I wish I could empathize with you, but I have no idea what that must feel like.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post