Less Known Sins Listed in the Old Testament?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Less Known Sins Listed in the Old Testament?
(20-12-2013 07:38 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight.

So people who need glasses or contacts are just shit-outta-luck?

No wonder why I'm an atheist, my degenerative myopia makes it impossible for me to see god or his alters.
It all makes so much sense now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
20-12-2013, 08:34 AM
here's a keeper:

Galatians 5:18 "But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law."

so.......... anyone *could* say "Yo I was led by Spirit" and they are straight up off the hook. Easy Peasy nice and sleezy.
[Image: 9bac59b5.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-12-2013, 08:35 AM
(20-12-2013 07:36 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Anyone else find it odd that they needed laws to keep people from fucking animals?
I mean W. T. F? If you have to make declarations on such matters then it's enough of a social norm - eh? *gulp*

But none against rape, interestingly.
20-12-2013, 08:38 AM
(20-12-2013 08:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 07:36 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Anyone else find it odd that they needed laws to keep people from fucking animals?
I mean W. T. F? If you have to make declarations on such matters then it's enough of a social norm - eh? *gulp*

No - there's stuff about rape just not in This particular bible quote.
We can find some pretty weird stuff about rape - like who's allowed to rape who and what's done bout that.

20-12-2013, 08:42 AM
(20-12-2013 08:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

There is plenty against rape in the bible.

Like if you rape a girl, you have top marry her and pay the father a few shekels (presumedly for property damage compensation).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-12-2013, 08:47 AM
(Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Yeah - slay the raped woman cause she didn't cry out loud enough............. Shocking

(there's more about rape I just don't want to look it up)

20-12-2013, 08:55 AM
There's the not sleeping with a woman within a week of her period.

And how a woman is unclean after giving birth until she sacrifices a goat. It's a longer period of uncleannes for a girl baby than a boy baby, btw.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
20-12-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2013 09:24 PM by Losty.)
(20-12-2013 08:47 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Yeah - slay the raped woman cause she didn't cry out loud enough............. Shocking

(there's more about rape I just don't want to look it up)

I was once called an idiot for quoting this verse, because obviously it is about adultery not rape. -_-
So what is the crying out part about? I guess she's being stoned because her horny perverted neighbor wanted to hear the big O but she didn't cry out loud enough?
Even the one that forces a rapist to marry his victim, she said "that was done to protect her because otherwise no one would ever marry her since she was no longer a virgin".
Never ever would being forced to marry your rapist be any protection no matter what the circumstances.
None of these verses matter, you can't convince a person who doesn't want to be convinced.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
20-12-2013, 10:05 AM
(20-12-2013 08:38 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  No - there's stuff about rape just not in This particular bible quote.
We can find some pretty weird stuff about rape - like who's allowed to rape who and what's done bout that.

Well, those passages seem to pertain more to what happens when a virgin is raped, and nothing if she's not a virgin. All of the designations are about whether or not she was in the town (because apparently, victims of rape in towns are asking for it and want it since they don't ask for help) and whether or not she's betrothed.

If you read the subtext, the issue here is what happened to some other man's virgin. He wants a monopoly on that vagina, and when it's taken from him, we wants to fucking kill that guy. If the victim isn't spoken for, she's forced to marry her rapist because otherwise she becomes unmarriable and her poor father would be stuck with her in the house.

The issue to them wasn't about rape or the victim of the rape. It's about men losing their virgins. Rape just happens to be the cause of this.
20-12-2013, 10:27 AM
(20-12-2013 08:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  But none against rape, interestingly.
Deut 22
25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. 26 But you shall do nothing to the young woman; there is in the young woman no sin deserving of death, for just as when a man rises against his neighbor and kills him, even so is this matter. 27 For he found her in the countryside, and the betrothed young woman cried out, but there was no one to save her.