Less Known Sins Listed in the Old Testament?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: Less Known Sins Listed in the Old Testament?
(20-12-2013 07:14 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 06:54 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Well according to Leviticus we're not supposed to be wearing cotton blends - or ANY kind of fabric blends......
so there's that.Evil_monster

buwwaaahaaa

George Takei did a good take on this:

[Image: USZZacq.jpg]

[Image: sulu.jpg]

Speaking of George Takei and this issue...

Attached File(s)
.png  Untitled.png (Size: 15.84 KB / Downloads: 22)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Ill have to take a gander at that, Queen. I hope he doesn't eggaggerate, or his opinion on the web will roll off everyone like water off a duck's back.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
20-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Since we're on the issue. It's been shown by psychological studies that homophobes tend to have repressed homosexual urges (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/gay-...eally-gay) which is why many liberal theologians and psychologists speculate whether Paul had repressed homosexual urges since he speaks of his single lifestyle as a "gift" and he wishes "all men were as [him]". Yet he also speaks of a "law" in his members "waging war against the law of [his] mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in [his] members". This might make sense of Paul's repeated condemnation of homosexuality.

As for answering the OP, because most Christians would say that all the old testament laws are either obsolete or typological, dealing with sins in the NT is easier.
For instance, did you know that cowardice is a sin punishable by hell?
Look up Revelation 21:8.

Have fun with that one

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
20-12-2013, 09:20 PM
(20-12-2013 12:40 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Since we're on the issue. It's been shown by psychological studies that homophobes tend to have repressed homosexual urges (http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/gay-...eally-gay) which is why many liberal theologians and psychologists speculate whether Paul had repressed homosexual urges since he speaks of his single lifestyle as a "gift" and he wishes "all men were as [him]". Yet he also speaks of a "law" in his members "waging war against the law of [his] mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in [his] members". This might make sense of Paul's repeated condemnation of homosexuality.

As for answering the OP, because most Christians would say that all the old testament laws are either obsolete or typological, dealing with sins in the NT is easier.
For instance, did you know that cowardice is a sin punishable by hell?
Look up Revelation 21:8.

Have fun with that one
'But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection'. Paul was struggling with sexual issues, probably masturbating a ton, definitely repressed, and quite possibly getting with Peter, Barnabus, and John Mark on the side.
20-12-2013, 10:01 PM
(20-12-2013 07:38 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight.

So people who need glasses or contacts are just shit-outta-luck?

No. Yer ok. They changed that. Why do you think there are so many Jewish optometrists ? You should marry one already, bubkus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche