Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
26-10-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Less than two weeks...
(26-10-2015 09:36 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(26-10-2015 07:05 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  He's making pasta. ^__^

Don't let him overcook his noodle!

HIS noodle? With respect, Reltzik, I'm not sure you understand how relationships work, if you think he still owns that object, anymore.

Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-10-2015, 01:02 PM
(26-10-2015 07:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  First real couple?! Shame on you Stark! Tongue But I'll forgive you because they are so adorable. Lol

Awww we can't blame Stark...how long has it been since Near even posted? Consider

Time and all that. Big Grin but you've got the near hobbit (yes I still think of her that way Tongue) not to mention a forum full of virtual aunts and uncles. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-10-2015, 02:15 PM
That is true. We've always been pretty private about stuff. We are pretty forgettable. Haha!

That being said this is EAS thread. I don't want to take it over. Back to celebrating! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
26-10-2015, 02:56 PM
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3
26-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Glad you two gone and done it Smile.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
26-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Well, my mom knows about Rev now. Apparently my ex-husband called her up and told her about the situation (he has known about Rev for a while now) just like he "tattled" to my mom when I deconverted - when I told him about my atheism in private and expected him to respect my privacy. Dodgy

Anyway, she is not happy. Said it is dangerous to bring a stranger into my home that I've only "talked to on Facebook" and don't know anything about, said my dad would be upset with me if he were here, warned me not to bring Rev to meet her or my brother (especially my brother) for reasons she can't say. If that was some kind of threat or like my brother might do something (which, he is a paranoid gun nut, so maybe he would, who fucking knows - they are all nuts) if Rev did meet them.

I just... I told her I was not surprised she was upset about it. Knew that would be her reaction which is why I kept my mouth shut about it. I didn't even bother trying to defend Rev to her. There is no point. She said that "this sounds like [insert my ex's name here] all over again".

On the one hand I am aloof about it. The first e-mail she sent to me just said that if I ever feel worried about my new guy to let her know and she'd try to help. Sounded all reasonable and shit, so I wrote back and said they could meet him Wednesday and we could plan a get-together then, so the next e-mail I get is the "I'm going to use your dead father to try and make you feel guilty" e-mail.

Ready to go home to Rev now. Thanks, mom. I can always count on you to be disappointed in me. Once the kids are grown and on their own, Rev and I can maybe move far away and I will cut off with my mom completely. It is just the end of the line with this stuff.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
26-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(26-10-2015 03:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, my mom knows about Rev now. Apparently my ex-husband called her up and told her about the situation (he has known about Rev for a while now) just like he "tattled" to my mom when I deconverted - when I told him about my atheism in private and expected him to respect my privacy. Dodgy

Anyway, she is not happy. Said it is dangerous to bring a stranger into my home that I've only "talked to on Facebook" and don't know anything about, said my dad would be upset with me if he were here, warned me not to bring Rev to meet her or my brother (especially my brother) for reasons she can't say. If that was some kind of threat or like my brother might do something (which, he is a paranoid gun nut, so maybe he would, who fucking knows - they are all nuts) if Rev did meet them.

I just... I told her I was not surprised she was upset about it. Knew that would be her reaction which is why I kept my mouth shut about it. I didn't even bother trying to defend Rev to her. There is no point. She said that "this sounds like [insert my ex's name here] all over again".

On the one hand I am aloof about it. The first e-mail she sent to me just said that if I ever feel worried about my new guy to let her know and she'd try to help. Sounded all reasonable and shit, so I wrote back and said they could meet him Wednesday and we could plan a get-together then, so the next e-mail I get is the "I'm going to use your dead father to try and make you feel guilty" e-mail.

Ready to go home to Rev now. Thanks, mom. I can always count on you to be disappointed in me. Once the kids are grown and on their own, Rev and I can maybe move far away and I will cut off with my mom completely. It is just the end of the line with this stuff.

Maybe she just needs some time to process everything? My mom would probably have reacted the same way. But I think with time and after she gets a chance to meet Rev, I'm sure she'll be able to see that you are happy and that he treats you the way you should be treated.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
26-10-2015, 03:56 PM
(26-10-2015 03:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, my mom knows about Rev now. Apparently my ex-husband called her up and told her about the situation (he has known about Rev for a while now) just like he "tattled" to my mom when I deconverted - when I told him about my atheism in private and expected him to respect my privacy. Dodgy

What a sad little hiccup. Sounds like you made a good decision to keep Rev and the family apart for now. You tried to resolve her misgivings by offering to have everyone meet and get to know each other. She, in a rather ugly manner, declined. Sounds like they'll just have to keep their distance until she understands that this is permanent, and who you've chosen to spend your life with.

Hug congrats to you both!!! The updates made me soooo happy. Off to I&R for the good stuff Big Grin hehehe

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Fuck her. Don't let her have the power to ruin this for you. Love Rev and let them think what they want. They'll either come around or not. Don't live your life trying to please other people or thinking you need to live up to someone else's standard. Your standard is all that's important.
[+] 7 users Like Hobbitgirl's post