RE: Less than two weeks...
You look so happy together.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like quoin's post
30-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Dang! I haven't been following this whole romance thing on this thread. I gotta get out from under my rock more often.

So how and when did this coupling of Rev and Escape all start? Give me the details. Start at the beginning.

Enquiring minds want to know. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Rev looks like the cat that swallowed the canary and you look so happy, too. Good going guys, I wish you all the best! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
30-10-2015, 09:12 AM
(30-10-2015 08:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dang! I haven't been following this whole romance thing on this thread. I gotta get out from under my rock more often.

So how and when did this coupling of Rev and Escape all start? Give me the details. Start at the beginning.

I responded to Cathy's similar question on this earlier, so I will quote what I wrote to her below. Big Grin

(22-10-2015 09:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 04:22 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ok. I know I've been gone for awhile, and only come to lurk occasionally, but how on earth did this start with Rev?

And congrats!!!

The relationship you mean? Well, I joined here as I was deconverting and looking for like-minded people. My marriage to my christian husband was falling apart and I finally decided to walk away from it because, well, he just isn't that great of a guy - so long story short, I was making friends with lots of folks here and there was just something special about Rev. I felt like we had a connection.

Told him that I liked him a lot - as potentially more than a friend - and that I had a lot of shit going on in my life (divorce, etc.) but wanted him to know sooner rather than later. At the time I did not even know if he was married/single or what his situation was. Lucky for me, he was both single and interested. Big Grin

So there you have it. Heart

I am a very lucky woman. Rev is a wonderful man. ^__^

Oh, I did not answer the "when" question - we'll have been a thing for 2 years in November. Yes Been a long time in coming - us getting together irl. But so worth the wait. Big Grin

[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
30-10-2015, 12:24 PM
(30-10-2015 09:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 08:45 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dang! I haven't been following this whole romance thing on this thread. I gotta get out from under my rock more often.

I responded to Cathy's similar question on this earlier, so I will quote what I wrote to her below. Big Grin

(22-10-2015 09:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  The relationship you mean? Well, I joined here as I was deconverting and looking for like-minded people. My marriage to my christian husband was falling apart and I finally decided to walk away from it because, well, he just isn't that great of a guy - so long story short, I was making friends with lots of folks here and there was just something special about Rev. I felt like we had a connection.

Told him that I liked him a lot - as potentially more than a friend - and that I had a lot of shit going on in my life (divorce, etc.) but wanted him to know sooner rather than later. At the time I did not even know if he was married/single or what his situation was. Lucky for me, he was both single and interested. Big Grin

So there you have it. Heart

I am a very lucky woman. Rev is a wonderful man. ^__^

Oh, I did not answer the "when" question - we'll have been a thing for 2 years in November. Yes Been a long time in coming - us getting together irl. But so worth the wait. Big Grin

Awwwww. That's sooooo sweet. HeartHeartHeart

How far away did you live from each other initially?

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-10-2015, 02:48 PM
(30-10-2015 12:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 09:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I responded to Cathy's similar question on this earlier, so I will quote what I wrote to her below. Big Grin

Awwwww. That's sooooo sweet. HeartHeartHeart

A little over 1400 miles. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-10-2015, 02:54 PM
(30-10-2015 02:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 12:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Awwwww. That's sooooo sweet. HeartHeartHeart

A little over 1400 miles. Yes

Is that as the crow flies, as the car drives, or as the magma-proof mole-machine burrows?

(For clarification, crows do not migrate in straight lines.)
30-10-2015, 03:27 PM
(30-10-2015 02:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 02:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  A little over 1400 miles. Yes

Is that as the crow flies, as the car drives, or as the magma-proof mole-machine burrows?

As the car drives. Hobo Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
30-10-2015, 03:37 PM
(30-10-2015 03:27 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 02:54 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Is that as the crow flies, as the car drives, or as the magma-proof mole-machine burrows?

As the car drives. Hobo Tongue

There's nothing like being with someone who has the same religious, or in this case,nonreligious outlook on life. It's so peaceful. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Wow, EA & Revs ... you both look as though you've found a comfortable place of togetherness that is very enviable. Take care of each other and don't be afraid to encourage each other's growth. As long as you remember that you've got each other's back, you'll be fine. Thumbsup

Screw all that mom suff - don't let her get to you - whatever she chooses to do with her life is her problem. You just live your life the way you need to. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post