Lesson of the night.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 03:05 AM
RE: Lesson of the night.....
(13-01-2013 02:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Without trial that's unlawful imprisonment...
Is fine, any little tinpot state can do that for you no problemo Big Grin

Wait... Nooooooooooooooooooo! It's agaaainst the laaaaaaaaaw Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 03:17 AM
That was my whole point, bozos!

Jeez, I'll just go sweep up my private dungeon and not even bother with laws and prisons. Who needs the aggravation...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
13-01-2013, 07:56 AM
(12-01-2013 01:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  At least I know I will never have that problem.
Yeah. I'm kinda on the boat of "forever alone" as well. I'm just starting to get to old to care. Tongue

Too old to care at 29? WATF? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 08:12 AM
(13-01-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah. I'm kinda on the boat of "forever alone" as well. I'm just starting to get to old to care. Tongue

Too old to care at 29? WATF? Shocking
........ Shocking Yes Chas?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
13-01-2013, 08:22 AM
(13-01-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Too old to care at 29? WATF? Shocking
Come on, Chas. Don't play dumb. You'll jinx it Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
13-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Absolutely nothing wrong with not caring lol

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
13-01-2013, 12:37 PM
(13-01-2013 07:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Too old to care at 29? WATF? Shocking

29 year old hobbit = granny.
14-01-2013, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 09:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-01-2013 03:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  "Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo", Fernando Pessoa.

Allow me to translate this for you: "If you cannot live alone, you were born a slave."

I had the rather unique opportunity of living alone in the cornfields of Urbana-Champaign for a couple of years as a visiting scientist at UIUC in the mid 90's after a decade or so of marriage. ManlyGirl and the leeches were supposed to follow me but her Mom gave up the ghost and named her the personal representative of the estate so they never showed up. What did I learn? I learned I can do it all by myself. I learned that there's a difference between getting along just fine all by yoself and being happy. I missed my family. Proximity to them makes me happy. So I can appreciate why Manly made me buy a second house to be close to her granddaughter, it's not like I had a say in the first place. ... But most importantly, I learned there ain't shit to do in Urbana-Champaign unless George Clinton and Bootsy show up with the P-Funk (goddam that was a great show!).

We want the funk
Give up the funk
We need the funk
Gotta have that funk

We gonna dance this muthasucker out.
We gonna dance this mutha out.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
14-01-2013, 09:27 PM
(14-01-2013 09:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:35 AM)Vera Wrote:  "Se te é impossível viver só, nasceste escravo", Fernando Pessoa.

Allow me to translate this for you: "If you cannot live alone, you were born a slave."

I had the rather unique opportunity of living alone in the cornfields of Urbana-Champaign for a couple of years as a visiting scientist at UIUC in the mid 90's after a decade or so of marriage. ManlyGirl and the leeches were supposed to follow me but her Mom gave up the ghost and named her the personal representative of the estate so they never showed up. What did I learn? I learned I can do it all by myself. I learned that there's a difference between getting along just fine all by yoself and being happy. I missed my family. Proximity to them makes me happy. So I can appreciate why Manly made me buy a second house to be close to her granddaughter, it's not like I had a say in the first place. ... But most importantly, I learned there ain't shit to do in Urbana-Champaign unless George Clinton and Bootsy show up with the P-Funk (goddam that was a great show!).

Ow, we want the funk
Give up the funk
Ow, we need the funk
We gotta have that funk

Stop playing with the children, GM Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
14-01-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 10:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-01-2013 09:27 PM)aurora Wrote:  Stop playing with the children, GM Wink

Tear the roof off, we're gonna tear the roof off the mother, sucker
Tear the roof off the sucker

Until I can persuade ellenjanuary to return, I feel obligated. Dunno why. ... Goddam, I miss that crazy fucker.

Breathing - it's more art than science.