Lesson of the night.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 02:27 AM
RE: Lesson of the night.....
(14-01-2013 09:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Until I can persuade ellenjanuary to return
Please do. I never even had a chance to meet her Sadcryface

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 02:58 AM
(14-01-2013 09:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I had the rather unique opportunity of living alone in the cornfields of Urbana-Champaign for a couple of years as a visiting scientist at UIUC in the mid 90's after a decade or so of marriage. ManlyGirl and the leeches were supposed to follow me but her Mom gave up the ghost and named her the personal representative of the estate so they never showed up. What did I learn? I learned I can do it all by myself. I learned that there's a difference between getting along just fine all by yoself and being happy. I missed my family. Proximity to them makes me happy. So I can appreciate why Manly made me buy a second house to be close to her granddaughter, it's not like I had a say in the first place. ... But most importantly, I learned there ain't shit to do in Urbana-Champaign unless George Clinton and Bootsy show up with the P-Funk (goddam that was a great show!).

We want the funk

Give up the funk

We need the funk

Gotta have that funk
Oh, and another thing (sorry for the 2 consecutive posts... where is my mind today). You had someone you loved, of course you wanted to be with them. The line is about deficient folk like us, who don't Wink

Seriously though, to me it's more about those who just have to be with someone, anyone, because they simply cannot be alone. I had a friend like this, she was always dating people I wouldn't wanna talk to, let alone let them touch me. She's actually told me numerous times that she cannot be without a bf. I see it all around me, people in unhappy marriages/relationships, because they simply cannot handle being alone... Rolleyes

15-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Re: Lesson of the night.....
Yeah. I've had friends like that. The way I see it a man has to -earn- the right to have my company.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
15-01-2013, 03:10 AM
(15-01-2013 03:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah. I've had friends like that. The way I see it a man anyone has to -earn- the right to have my company.
Fixt.

And my, my, do we think highly of ourselves Tongue

(é melhor andar sozinha do que mal acompanhada - better to walk alone than in bad company)

15-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Re: Lesson of the night.....
Not sure if its so much highly of myself or they better be worth the effort. I've had too many lamers in my life

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
22-01-2013, 01:22 AM
(15-01-2013 04:19 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Not sure if its so much highly of myself or they better be worth the effort. I've had too many lamers in my life
[Image: e8c4efda-f562-49e2-b7d5-2ceb40bf31b2]

I just made this now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
22-01-2013, 12:38 PM
(12-01-2013 03:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Never EVER let your friends talk you into going to an out of town country hick bar. Egads....on the other hand I found out tonight that I'm "prettier than miss piggy" Thats gotta be a good omen right? *chuckle*
Sheeeeuuuttttt!! You're purdy! Can I buy you the thickest steak in town?

I suppose its better than "I wanna floss my teeth with your pubic hair" or "Your eyes are as blue as the toilet water in the men's room."

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
22-01-2013, 04:41 PM
(22-01-2013 12:38 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 03:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Never EVER let your friends talk you into going to an out of town country hick bar. Egads....on the other hand I found out tonight that I'm "prettier than miss piggy" Thats gotta be a good omen right? *chuckle*
Sheeeeuuuttttt!! You're purdy! Can I buy you the thickest steak in town?

I suppose its better than "I wanna floss my teeth with your pubic hair" or "Your eyes are as blue as the toilet water in the men's room."
ROFL at least those ones would be amusing.