Let My People Go!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Let My People Go!
(29-12-2015 05:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 03:58 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Howdy.

Long time ago I was told all you atheist were a bunch of Anton Levy looking freaks who molested children on Oct. 31 and then drank their blood as you bowed a knee to the devil. Wow...you guys were some awesome dudes....

Was also told the dinosaurs bones were a trick from that same devil that was used to fool us xtians into doubting god. And then we surely would backslide and might would drink a beer while dancing to some old George Jones tune in a honkey tonk house of sin. My god we might even shoot a game of billiards and have a beer or 6..... seems like while that went on I ay have lusted after that cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig standing over by the ladies room........she had some little bag of powder that made me say wow!!!...err so goes the story.

You people piss me off!...how dare you tempt me with worldly vices while making me doubt my very own PERSONAL salvation.....mine...only mine cause I was lucky or blessed enough to be born in the righteous Southland to a 7 day a week church going family......you heathens,...you YOU YOU have caused me to doubt.
I'm 56 and grew up in a culture like that..it was what we were taught to think...

I church hopped....taught sunday school.....preached at times....yes I am ordained.. Even sang bass in a Southron Gospel Group back in the 1980's...buddy you old pal of mine,..I was the holy sheet for sure!! But life has a way of making your world suck...and Y'all did it or caused it.
Just how dayum dare you folks argue from a point of common sense, logic and Facts.

At first all the facts didn't bother me at all....you know why?...cause I had a quiver in my liver and a feeling deep down in my soul ...yes sir in my heart of hearts I knew a man walked on the water....healed dead people.....created me and then killed himself for me 'cause I was so very vile even though he had made it all and said it was good........yeah just forget that the first go'round we were so fooked up he had to kill most all of us off with some rain water.......you know I was a saint.....I had a seat near the throne...sure did!!
"cause I had my lamp full of oil and I kissed a certain tribes buttocks. I was eternally secure.....er....wait a minute? Wasn't I???? am I ???

Folks about 4 or so years ago I just woke up one day and said to my self....like the little 'tarded Chinese boy said..._ "sum-teen-wong""!

Seems I just could no longer buy into the "stories" of the bible....I assumed I needed to go scholar like and delve into the older manuscripts...for a more "PURE" rendition.
Kewl,...but now which one?? source P?...Q?....The Qumran Fragments.?..Mrs. Betty Lou's tea leafs?
Either way take it back to the Hebraism and the colloquial greek to reach the full understanding of the intent of the passages.
I wanted to escape the cave Plato spoke of. But I was not prepared for what I had started seeing. My cocky attitude gave way to total disillusionment when I began to see that there was no foundation to the church's teachings...no empirical or even miserly evidence.

Ok let me draw this to a close.......I spent some time learning of Eastern beliefs..and found them as lacking as the three Abrahamic belief systems. New Age "star child" teachings and accessions were also of a dead end......Deism and Pan-deism and Pantheism and all the other associated derivatives of those ism's ism's just left me flat....
I don't know where I belong or what I believe..if I believe anything at all anymore.
Can't say I'm Gnostic,...agnostic....theist or even Atheist....I just don't know and I am tired of burning scarce brain cells trying to figure it all out.

If you folks don't mind,..I'd like to park it here for a while and hear what y'all have to say ... WHAT SAY YE?

Well, we do drink blood on Oct 31, depending on how yummy the baby is.
Rolleyes

FacepalmLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Sounds like you've been through a lot and you certainly do have an interesting way of writing about your experiences. You'll fit in very well here. Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-12-2015, 05:49 PM
(29-12-2015 05:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome aboard, Pirate. Drinking Beverage

AHHHHHH so you recognize the name......+1
[+] 1 user Likes John Silver's post
29-12-2015, 05:50 PM
(29-12-2015 05:32 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Thanx guys!!....Love the hat Nishi!

:lol:We even have a hat thread around here somewhere. Again, welcome.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-12-2015, 06:02 PM
(29-12-2015 05:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sounds like you've been through a lot and you certainly do have an interesting way of writing about your experiences. You'll fit in very well here. Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Thanx..! Yeah I see the world thru a off colored lens for sure,...or so says my wife.
I have always been a slight bit outpoken...if you could dare to believe that...haa!! Was also asked on a numerous occasions to please leave a certain church and never return....just because I thought and might have said sumpthin 'bout the piano player looking like a 49 year old miss piggy in a teenage lycra miniskirt... or some other nuggets of truth my brain insisted I speak of always at the wrong time...or so it appeared
Told an elderly Lady during Wednesday nite prayer service testimonials to sit down and quit whining about everything if she actually believed what she professed... I was fired Friday afternoon.......they had a new young Pastor for Sunday Morning services...

Looks like y'all are a truthful and fun bunch of eggs to hang 'round with! Cool
[+] 1 user Likes John Silver's post
29-12-2015, 06:04 PM
(29-12-2015 05:46 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Yeah...i'm sorta kinda seeing thru the fog on that

Let me know if I can help with that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
29-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
29-12-2015, 06:05 PM
(29-12-2015 03:58 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Deism and Pan-deism and Pantheism and all the other associated derivatives of those ism's ism's just left me flat....

Yabut what about Spinozism and panentheism? Huh. Huh. What about them?

#sigh
29-12-2015, 06:11 PM
(29-12-2015 06:04 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 05:46 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Yeah...i'm sorta kinda seeing thru the fog on that

Let me know if I can help with that.

Big Grin
29-12-2015, 06:13 PM
(29-12-2015 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 03:58 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Deism and Pan-deism and Pantheism and all the other associated derivatives of those ism's ism's just left me flat....

Yabut what about Spinozism and panentheism? Huh. Huh. What about them?

shucks......I near forgot about them......and also about flying spaghettii-izm Laugh out load