Let me help you athiests out (If there is such a thing)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
17-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Let me help you athiests out (If there is such a thing)
Dear Martin,

I have a question for you, I realize so many on this site rehash the same old arguments over and over, so answer me this, the Bible says that many people lived over 800 years, since there were many societies other than the Biblical ones, they must have some record of their people living that long, do any other other societies have a history of that?

I totally respect what you say on this site even if others don't get it, your knowledge amazes me, I hope some day to think as clearly!

Your friend,

Martin

BTW I did a cursory search and found none. Atheists step your game up! You are supposed to be free thinkers! Sad when a theist comes up with a better argument.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 06:17 PM
RE: Let me help you athiests out (If there is such a thing)
I'd be interested to hear your response to that. I'll do a Google search to try to find the answer after this. I'm not interested in disproving your side. You can't justify your beliefs with evidence, so I see no need to take it seriously.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 06:27 PM

(17-04-2010 06:17 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I'd be interested to hear your response to that. I'll do a Google search to try to find the answer after this. I'm not interested in disproving your side. You can't justify your beliefs with evidence, so I see no need to take it seriously.

Please expand on this "I'm not interested in disproving your side. You can't justify your beliefs with evidence, so I see no need to take it seriously." I asked a question that to my knowledge has not been answered or asked. And you can "justify your beliefs with evidence". You can't justify your beliefs with no evidence.
17-04-2010, 06:35 PM
(17-04-2010 06:27 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Please expand on this "I'm not interested in disproving your side. You can't justify your beliefs with evidence, so I see no need to take it seriously." I asked a question that to my knowledge has not been answered or asked. And you can "justify your beliefs with evidence". You can't justify your beliefs with no evidence.

I'm not to interested in converting people to atheism. That is what I meant when I said, "I'm not interested in disproving your side." I'm almost afraid to say this, but the rest is going back to the burden of evidence. After two long conversations about this, I can confidently say that a third wouldn't change a thing.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2010, 06:38 PM

Satya Yuga. Hindu. Google it.
17-04-2010, 06:41 PM

(17-04-2010 06:38 PM)InebriatedOrc Wrote:  Satya Yuga. Hindu. Google it.

Obviously NOT what I am talking about. I am talking about what the Bible says, that ONE person walked around for around 800ish years and died. But even if I believed "The average life expectancy of a human being in Satya yuga was approximately 400 years." Then the Bibles 800ish is not so long, and it proves the Bible right, thanks. It has been years since I studied it so I might me off, but what you are talking about is Hindu time, that is Yuga.
17-04-2010, 06:48 PM

You said "so answer me this, the Bible says that many people lived over 800 years, since there were many societies other than the Biblical ones, they must have some record of their people living that long, do any other other societies have a history of that?" I gave you an example of one.
17-04-2010, 06:56 PM

(17-04-2010 06:48 PM)InebriatedOrc Wrote:  You said "so answer me this, the Bible says that many people lived over 800 years, since there were many societies other than the Biblical ones, they must have some record of their people living that long, do any other other societies have a history of that?" I gave you an example of one.

That is not a society!

Fine 30 seconds on the internet and I find this

http://www.sanskrit.org/www/Hindu%20Prim...atime.html

Not what I am talking about.
17-04-2010, 06:59 PM

It's no more or less ridiculous than the bible.
17-04-2010, 07:38 PM

(17-04-2010 06:59 PM)InebriatedOrc Wrote:  It's no more or less ridiculous than the bible.

As usual an atheist missed the point. LOOK find a society that had PEOPLE that claimed to live for 800 years. SOOOO... Look at the Chinese, or Mayans etc. Your example is not a society.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  There is no such thing as evil Jeremy E Walker 170 3,024 24-06-2014 07:40 AM
Last Post: Winterwolf00
  creation, how many version have we seen for far of the same thing ? Ace 9 236 10-06-2014 11:55 PM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  One thing I don't understand about this resurrection crap diddo97 25 712 14-02-2014 02:09 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Note To Creationists: Biology And Cosmology Are Not The Same Thing WindyCityJazz 0 59 23-01-2014 06:27 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  One thing I noticed about the Witnesses cheapthrillseaker 6 276 18-01-2014 07:04 AM
Last Post: The Germans are coming
  Why is lust considered a bad thing by religions IndianAtheist 67 2,304 09-01-2014 01:25 PM
Last Post: IndianAtheist
  One thing that a theist taught me bustead 13 457 22-11-2013 08:19 AM
Last Post: bustead