Let's Apply the Son of Sam Laws.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Let's Apply the Son of Sam Laws.
Everytime one of these nutbags shoots up a school, church, mall - or whatever ---

We reward them.

Huh? You say ----

How do we reward them????

Because -- a fair number of these freaks do what they do - because they want to be seen as a "hero" -- (anti-hero -- whatever. ) bottom line -- they want to be fucking famous.

And -- in the "interest of liberty" --- we paste these fucktards picture all over the place -- and give them exactly what they want.

The "Son of Sam" laws are supposed to prevent criminals from profiting from their crimes -- and it's a good idea. SOMEHOW - we need to find a way to apply these laws -- so when you read about a school being shot up ---- it won't have the name of the assbag who did the shooting up in big lights for everyone to see.
They should die in solitary confinement - with just a number around their neck.
No fame for you, asshole.

Lets figure out a way to take take away their bag of candy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-06-2015, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2015 12:38 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
RE: Let's Apply the Son of Sam Laws.
Part of the reason I curate my own news on social media, is precisely due to this reality. Most outlets make it difficult to avoid the glorification of these monsters.

One YouTube personality I'd like to commend is Philip DeFranco. Whenever some crazed lunatic commits attention seeking atrocities, his policy is not to show photographs or refer to them by name in his coverage.

Though some may view that as a small gesture, if enough people adopt that policy when covering news, the soapbox for these miscreants becomes less effective.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
22-06-2015, 08:46 AM
I've often thought it might be possible to do it in the courts......

When one of these cretins gets hauled in - they could have a 48 hour news blackout -- and they could have a court hearing to adjudicate the guy's rights away....

I'm in favor of legally changing their name to "Criminal Number 108323" or something along those lines -- and force them to wear a blackout hood....

These bastards should be denied ANY fame.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
22-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Measures like that could definitely be an effective part of judicial proceedings. And the trickle down effect would be an indirect increase in journalistic integrity.

So I think to myself, what a wonderful world
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
22-06-2015, 09:36 AM
I had almost the exact same idea myself. So, of course, I think this is brilliant.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
22-06-2015, 09:51 AM
If just one of the major news networks would adopt as a policy to deny these psychos their "15 minutes[weeks] of fame" it would be a definite improvement. They might even gain some major ratings boost, and find it lucrative to break the media circus chain.

“ moral virtue comesabout as a result of habit.” --Aristotle

Secular Ethos
22-06-2015, 10:04 AM
The transparency of the judicial system is necessary to prevent secret arrests, secret trials, secret executions.

It would be great if the media exercised restraint, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
22-06-2015, 10:28 AM
(22-06-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  The transparency of the judicial system is necessary to prevent secret arrests, secret trials, secret executions.

It would be great if the media exercised restraint, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Drinking Beverage

Given the alternative a overly invasive media is by far the lesser evil.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-06-2015, 10:31 AM
(22-06-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  The transparency of the judicial system is necessary to prevent secret arrests, secret trials, secret executions.

I agree that we can't form up kangaroo courts and gestapo tactics.....

But...

We're not talking about normal people. We're talking about those monsters that abandon their humanity and go on killing sprees for the fun of it. These cretins will get their day in court (not that they really should --- a "hail of gunfire" is my preferred outcome) -- they just shouldn't get famous from their misdeeds.

22-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Once they are carted away to a MAX prison, any "fame" is forgotten along wirh them.
Without googling, can you name Tim McVeigh's accomplice who is rotting in his MAX cell?

I can. But only because my friend lived across the street from the fucking idiot.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein