Let's Apply the Son of Sam Laws.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Let's Apply the Son of Sam Laws.
I
(22-06-2015 10:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  The transparency of the judicial system is necessary to prevent secret arrests, secret trials, secret executions.

It would be great if the media exercised restraint, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Drinking Beverage

You are guaranteed a right to counsel, a trial by jury, due process, the ability to confront witnesses against you, etc. Full press coverage, however, is optional.

I said to a friend of mine over the weekend that I really wish every time there was an update on this miscreant, instead of report it the press instead did a story that celebrates the victims and survivors. Preserve his rights by all means, but lets never speak or hear of him again. He shouldn't exist in our society.

The British press did a good job of this during The Troubles. They never reported on IRA bombs because they did not want to give them the free publicity.

Just stick this scumbag in a hole and be done with him. No fanfare, no recognition and no attention.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2015, 12:07 PM
(22-06-2015 12:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Once they are carted away to a MAX prison, any "fame" is forgotten along wirh them.
Without googling, can you name Tim McVeigh's accomplice who is rotting in his MAX cell?

I can. But only because my friend lived across the street from the fucking idiot.

Terry Nichols...but I've lived in OK my entire life.

As for the suggestion in the op, the media will never go for it. Supply and demand. Stupid cheeto eating, Jerry Springer watching American's have turned 'drama' into a major food group.

Check out videos of the Casey Anthony trial and the frenzy for the 'civillian seats'. If you completely ignore that these people were acting like animals just for back row seats inside the courtroom, you can get down to the most basic question, "why the fuck are they there in the first place?". They couldn't just check out the verdict online or on the news? Do these mother fuckers not have jobs or other places to be? It was so important to them that they had to physically be there?

Excuse me while I go bash my head against an oak tree.
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2015, 01:44 PM
(24-06-2015 12:07 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Excuse me while I go bash my head against an oak tree.

Hey, that could get you on America's Funniest Videos. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user