Let's Play ... Spot The Fallacy!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 12:17 AM
RE: Let's Play ... Spot The Fallacy!
(25-01-2016 12:07 AM)skyking Wrote:  Am I wrong to read the first few responses and just skip this? Is this a required viewing to be a member in good standing? Will there be a test?

Don't watch it. I'm not gonna. DLJ's on crack or something, evidently.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-01-2016, 12:26 AM
I might get to it eventually, but for now I'm not. From what I've gathered from the responses, viewing it is very much a test and might even make you testy.

.... yes, I DID get that sentence out without a testicle joke.

... BALLS!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
25-01-2016, 01:02 AM
(25-01-2016 12:07 AM)skyking Wrote:  Am I wrong to read the first few responses and just skip this? Is this a required viewing to be a member in good standing? Will there be a test?

No need to watch it unless you're in the mood to sharpen your fallacy-spotting skills.

*avoids the obvious lewdness about standing members*

Big Grin

25-01-2016, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2016 08:16 AM by TheInquisition.)
Well, he starts out with an argument from authority, then says the bible must be interpreted correctly and only certain people can do that interpretation. (This sounds like the asshole Q)

So he sets up his little world of interpretation, i.e. post hoc rationalization. I'm sure it's all down hill from there, we see down this rabbit hole all the time on this forum. Weeping

[Image: do-not-want.jpg]

I guess post hoc rationalization is the same as the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post