Let's Settle The Stupid Abortion Issue Once And For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 06:48 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
Let's Settle The Stupid Abortion Issue Once And For All
I think it has come time to get the abortion argument out of politics. It takes up way too much time, and deters people from focusing on the important things that we should be focusing on: healthcare, poverty, jobs, wages, cost of living, infringement on civil rights, etc.

So, here is what I propose:

Get all the "pro-life" people together, and tell them their job is to figure out how many children, on average, will be born if we made abortion illegal, and these kids were put up for adoption instead. Then, they need to figure out how many kids, on average, will be born with special needs. Next, they need to figure out how many kids, on average, will have medical conditions like asthma, epilepsy, diabetes, etc., and how much it will cost for medication for those kids. Then, of course, kids get sick with things like flu, coughs, strep throat, etc., so that has to be added into the cost as well. Then, they also have to add in the cost of clothing, and education. They also have to add in the cost of all the extra workers for child services that will need to be hired, because we obviously can't just be giving these kids away like candy. So, after they figure out how much this will all cost, they have to come to an agreement that they are willing to pay their share of the extra tax dollars that it will cost to feed, clothe, medicate, and educate all of these children.

If they can't come to this agreement, then they need to shut the fuck up. If they're going to spout that abortion is wrong and a moral issue, but they don't want to pay the extra tax dollars that it will cost to make sure that these children will be properly cared for, their views are worth jack fucking shit. They no longer have any say in this matter. The argument is no longer valid. The topic is over. Done. Finished.

Call these people out on their hypocrisy and make the message clear: "If you're "pro-life", but can't back up the shit you talk, then shut your mouth and slink away."

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-07-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: Let's Settle The Stupid Abortion Once And For All
The other hypocrisy here is the term "pro-life." I guarantee you that most (or all) pro-lifers are also meat-eaters, use insecticide, are pro-war, or pro-capital punishment. How can you be pro-life and be comfortable being party to death? They need to change the term to "pro-potential human."

Clearly no one wants to abort Gawd's precious creations, nor do they want to pay for their mothers' healthcare and welfare. But what you're proposing requires critical thinking and weighing pros and cons. That's crazy talk.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
29-07-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Let's Settle The Stupid Abortion Once And For All
They should be called anti-rights rather than pro-life.
What really grinds my gears is how they want to "save a fetus" and then forget about the actual child once it's born.
Like what WCJ said, if they stop an abortion then they are now responsible for the child's welfare when it's born.
That would shut them up fairly quickly.
29-07-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: Let's Settle The Stupid Abortion Issue Once And For All
(29-07-2014 06:31 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  The other hypocrisy here is the term "pro-life." I guarantee you that most (or all) pro-lifers are also meat-eaters, use insecticide, are pro-war, or pro-capital punishment. How can you be pro-life and be comfortable being party to death? They need to change the term to "pro-potential human."

Clearly no one wants to abort Gawd's precious creations, nor do they want to pay for their mothers' healthcare and welfare. But what you're proposing requires critical thinking and weighing pros and cons. That's crazy talk.

Not only that, but they're also not "pro-life" when they want to get rid of any kind of government aid, and have no problem standing by doing nothing while people starve to death, or die from medical issues that they could have easily survived from if they had access to proper health care. Their real motto is: "Life in the womb is sacred, and life after birth is worthless".

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
29-07-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2014 07:15 PM by Anjele.)
You can be pretty sure that the ones most outspoken against abortion are not waiting around to take the 'baby' they saved to raise. The preference seems to be to force a child on someone who obviously knows they aren't ready or able to care for a child.

While the anti-abortionists may preach and picket but they aren't around when shit gets real and the child needs food and a roof over their head or the mother needs a sitter so she can work a shit job.

And they aren't lined up for the crack babies, fetal alcohol babies, or babies with other severe issues.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Quote:if they stop an abortion then they are now responsible for the child's welfare when it's born.

No it wouldn't, it'd get them on some rant about how poor people are lazy.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2014, 07:14 PM

[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post
29-07-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm in favor of term restrictions on abortions, but the people who claim "life starts at conception" are really fucking inane. I still haven't heard any comprehensible arguments for how a sperm cell stuck in a egg cell counts as a legal person whose rights triumph those of the mother.
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
29-07-2014, 07:23 PM
(29-07-2014 07:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You can be pretty sure that the ones most outspoken against abortion are not waiting around to take the 'baby' they saved to raise. The preference seems to be to force a child on someone who obviously knows they aren't ready or able to care for a child.

While they anti-abortionists may preach and picket but they aren't around when shit gets real and the child needs food and a roof over their head or the mother needs a sitter so she can work a shit job.

And they aren't lined up for the crack babies, fetal alcohol babies, or babies with other severe issues.

I could not agree more. Anyone even considering an abortion knows full and well that they are not capable of raising a child.

I think they're simply content with saving the embryo/zygote and moving on... patting themselves on the back... proclaiming "my work here is done, yay me."

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
29-07-2014, 07:40 PM
(29-07-2014 07:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:if they stop an abortion then they are now responsible for the child's welfare when it's born.

No it wouldn't, it'd get them on some rant about how poor people are lazy.

They already do that, ask a conservative how they feel about welfare for the poor.