Let's Spar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Let's Spar
(10-01-2014 12:17 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  But we can verify that the professor has a brain. We can see it, we can touch, smell it and even listen to it function by detecting gamma, beta, alpha, theta & delta waves
In addition to that, we know what happens to humans who are born without a brain.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2014, 07:37 PM
(10-01-2014 08:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
Quote:Seeing how atheism/unbelief is not the standard yet

"Atheist" is a position, not a method or "standard".

There is no "standard" to being an atheist because one is not an atheist, anymore than liking the lights off makes you the light switch itself.

I clearly could have stated that better. I appreciate the critique because I no doubt will want to make that point somewhere else sometime in the future.

I see now that I should have said, "Seeing how atheism/unbelief is not the typical position held by adults in our society..."

Is that an improvement?

I am asking because I want to present my points in the most cogent way that I can. I am not an old pro at this but I have no problem trying to improve. Thanks Brian37

[Image: banner580x90_zpse43f1abd.png]
12-01-2014, 06:23 PM
(09-01-2014 06:20 PM)Cobalt Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 06:17 PM)Cobalt Wrote:  I would like to start it off by saying....

God did not create sin...(anybody who has a different argument should feel free to throw that in too)Smile

Example answer would be that if god did not create everything, including sin, then how can he be god?

I hope yall get the idea now.
Who says that God has to create everything in order to be God?
God that created everything does not exist. It is fantasy.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
12-01-2014, 06:36 PM
(12-01-2014 06:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  God that created everything does not exist. It is fantasy.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chippy's post
13-01-2014, 10:51 PM
(12-01-2014 06:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Who says that God has to create everything in order to be God?

Did god create the universe or not? If he did create the universe then how is he not responsible for everything in it? If he did not create everything, then why should he be worshiped as opposed to the being that created the remainder of the universe?

[Image: banner580x90_zpse43f1abd.png]