Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
Yankee fan, here. Although I do enjoy the Tiger broadcast crew. They do their homework, have some good insights and are not terrible "homers."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
06-07-2013, 10:03 AM
She's gonna change the game. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-07-2013, 08:45 PM
(28-06-2013 01:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yankee fan, here. Although I do enjoy the Tiger broadcast crew. They do their homework, have some good insights and are not terrible "homers."

The worst homers of all time are the crew for the White Sox. Those guys rock at being terrible!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Ken Harrelson. Without a doubt the worst, ever. Anywhere.

The other guy I simply cannot stand is Vin Scully and everybody kisses his ass because he's an old man. All he does is blather on about pointless stories. Like Harrelson, I mute the game if they are the only broadcast I can get of my team.
13-07-2013, 06:03 PM
(13-07-2013 05:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Ken Harrelson. Without a doubt the worst, ever. Anywhere.

The other guy I simply cannot stand is Vin Scully and everybody kisses his ass because he's an old man. All he does is blather on about pointless stories. Like Harrelson, I mute the game if they are the only broadcast I can get of my team.

Blasphemy! Vin Scully is the reason there is no Christian god or allah because HE is god!!!

But yeah, Ken Harrelson was the name I couldn't remember.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Lucky bastard.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/fan-catc...ians-game/

14-07-2013, 07:18 PM
I think Scully taught Harrelson everything he knew about being a boring old fuck.
14-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Just dropping by. Spitting out a few thoughts ...

The Orioles are awesome.

The Yankess are not. Nor are the Red Sox.

I have less animosity towards the Rays & Jays because they're not the Yanks or Sox.

Baseball is awesome (although various other sports are too).

Chris Davis may set the American League single-season home run record this year (and the "real" MLB single-season HR record if you ask some folks).

An SI columnist recently suggested changing the home run derby (before the all-star game) to be a 16-person bracket event. Sounds like a cool idea.

No "real" baseball for the next few days is kind of lame, but I guess it's good that most players get a break.

Baseball needs to use instant replay a lot more than it does.

The Marlins owner is perhaps the worst owner in sports (and from an O's fan that's saying a lot).

Hawk Harrelson is undoubtedly the worst announcer in baseball. Jon Miller is my favorite (wish he was still with B'more).

After 14 years of crap, it's really nice to see Baltimore baseball having returned to decency over the past year+.

'tis all for now ...

- Chip
[+] 2 users Like mdak06's post
14-07-2013, 08:43 PM
(14-07-2013 08:22 PM)mdak06 Wrote:  Just dropping by. Spitting out a few thoughts ...

The Orioles are awesome.

I have less animosity towards the Rays & Jays because they're not the Yanks or Sox.

Chris Davis may set the American League single-season home run record this year (and the "real" MLB single-season HR record if you ask some folks).

An SI columnist recently suggested changing the home run derby (before the all-star game) to be a 16-person bracket event. Sounds like a cool idea.

No "real" baseball for the next few days is kind of lame, but I guess it's good that most players get a break.

The Marlins owner is perhaps the worst owner in sports (and from an O's fan that's saying a lot).

Hawk Harrelson is undoubtedly the worst announcer in baseball. Jon Miller is my favorite (wish he was still with B'more).

After 14 years of crap, it's really nice to see Baltimore baseball having returned to decency over the past year+.

'tis all for now ...

- Chip

Chris Davis is on the juice.

'tis all for now ...

Tongue

14-07-2013, 08:52 PM
(14-07-2013 08:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-07-2013 08:22 PM)mdak06 Wrote:  Just dropping by. Spitting out a few thoughts ...

The Orioles are awesome.

'tis all for now ...

- Chip

Chris Davis is on the juice.

'tis all for now ...

Tongue

He's actually being very vocal against juicing. He said that the home run records were tainted because of it on Mike and Mike 2 weeks ago.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense