Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
Steroids are an anti-inflammatory medication which would allow you to work out longer and harder. The key is "work out." You have to put in the time in the weight room.

As far as I know, Davis has never failed a drug test and is therefore innocent until proven guilty. For that matter, neither did Barry Bonds.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
19-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Off early, woot. Gonna go hunt something up to do, but first...

I think the security guy is enjoying himself a little too much LoL. "oooh, what big man-boobs you have" Tongue

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on...es-twitter

[Image: dylan071813.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-07-2013, 12:53 PM
(16-07-2013 11:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-07-2013 09:18 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  He also wasn't playing in a tiny little bandbox.

That helps too. Camden Yards is a hitters dream has great power lines and is made for right handed power hitters. If he had just suddenly started powering ball into the stratosphere I would be more concerned, he always had the power he just struck out 9 times out of 10 because he would chase balls in the dirt now he has more discipline and you don't get that from a shot.

FWIW, heading into today, Chris Davis has hit 20 HR at home and 17 HR on the road. Last year he had a much more sizable home/road difference (22 HR at home, 11 HR on the road, nearly identical GP). Before the seven-HR explosion at the end of last season (after he'd adjusted his practice routine) he he had 17 HR at home, 9 on the road.
21-07-2013, 12:55 PM
By the way, Tampa Bay is getting scary. They're 16-2 in their last 18 games. Confused Undecided Unsure
[+] 1 user Likes mdak06's post
21-07-2013, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2013 01:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-07-2013 08:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Steroids are an anti-inflammatory medication which would allow you to work out longer and harder.

I don't think the anti-inflammatory corticosteroids like prednisone and cortisone are banned since they're not generally considered "performance-enhancing" and pitchers especially probably get a shitload of shots of them to minimize the damage to their joints. Most of the banned substances appear to be stimulants, androgens, and pscyhotropics.

Now let's look at Aroldis Chapman's remarkable mechanics. Almost as awesome as watching Usain Bolt run. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Mariners sweep two series in a row!

Banana_zorro

And they're still 6 games under .500 and in 4th place. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:I don't think the anti-inflammatory corticosteroids like prednisone and cortisone

I'm probably going to need a cortisone shot because I've got a terrible pain in my right shoulder and upper arm. My doctor threatened it last time.

At least I won't have to worry about my pitching career. At 64 I doubt I'll make the majors.
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
23-07-2013, 11:47 PM
M's are on an 8 game winning streak. This was the youngest players up the middle in MLB. Catcher, 2B, SS, CF: average age, 23. All are contributing with the glove and with the stick. It would be unlikely they will contend this year, but this Mariners' fan is pretty psyched about the future of franchise. Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-07-2013, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 01:34 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Joe Mauer (the Twins all-star catcher) flew home tonight, instead of playing. His wife is having their twins a month early.
When the hell are the Twinkies gonna fire Gardenhier, (the manager), and clean house ? What a joke they are.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-07-2013, 01:21 AM
(24-07-2013 12:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Joe Mauer (the Twins all-star catcher) flew home tonight, instead of playing. His wife is having their twins a month early.
When the hell are the are the Twinkies gonna fire Gardenhier, (the manager), and clean house ? What a joke they are.

First of all...Mauer is a pussy for leaving his team to watch some shit covered DNA masses squirt out his wife's torn up vagina.

Second of all...I kid, I kid.

Third of all...a Twins player having twins? Will he feed them twinkles? Consider

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post