Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
(15-10-2014 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 07:39 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Royals going to the World Series Banana_zorro
8-0 in the playoffs Shocking
Consider
Who are you people, and where have you put the real Royals?

No kidding! Hey, the sun shines on every dog's ass once in a while. I swear I was the only one doing anything productive at the end of the day at work today. Dodgy

IKR Big Grin
I'm just so unused to seeing KC fans celebrating in Royals blue instead of Chiefs red Laugh out load
Wait! Who are you cheering for? Blink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-10-2014, 09:10 PM
(15-10-2014 08:59 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 08:41 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  No kidding! Hey, the sun shines on every dog's ass once in a while. I swear I was the only one doing anything productive at the end of the day at work today. Dodgy

IKR Big Grin
I'm just so unused to seeing KC fans celebrating in Royals blue instead of Chiefs red Laugh out load
Wait! Who are you cheering for? Blink

Haha! I had to shake my head while walking through Dillon's the other day. Racks of royal blue shirts on display with "Believe" written in them in the traditional Royals font.

Good for them, though.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-10-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2014 05:49 PM by Peanut.)
Chas, I just saw that you asked where I been... = / Sorry. I'm poor and have no internets except for mobile. I'm so busy just trying to stay afloat. Work, "sleep," work. I still come around to check in on people now and then. I've just got a lot of custody, financial stuff taking up my time that social networking is taking a back burner.

Gulegon, I've decided to root for the Royals this post season. The only reason I could stomach cheering on another team is because I find I simply love baseball and at least a team beat the Orioles... who knocked my Tigers outta the race. But I will only cheer for American League. The other 2 options have had enough wins in too recent of years.

Minimalist, hi. I can't say I completely disagree... our stupid bullpen kept letting us down. But how the HELL do simple plays get boggled at such crucial times?! It's not like they were all rookies! = (

Rev... I hope the Orioles lose to the Royals. But this is from a completely baseball-oriented state. Otherwise, you're fantastic. (That series was tragic. I legitimately almost cried. I was on the floor that one game, just asking for it to end. It was humiliating and it was so, so sad. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. 8 RUNS!!!)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
16-10-2014, 06:00 PM
(16-10-2014 05:45 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Chas, I just saw that you asked where I been... = / Sorry. I'm poor and have no internets except for mobile. I'm so busy just trying to stay afloat. Work, "sleep," work. I still come around to check in on people now and then. I've just got a lot of custody, financial stuff taking up my time that social networking is taking a back burner.

Gulegon, I've decided to root for the Royals this post season. The only reason I could stomach cheering on another team is because I find I simply love baseball and at least a team beat the Orioles... who knocked my Tigers outta the race. But I will only cheer for American League. The other 2 options have had enough wins in too recent of years.

Minimalist, hi. I can't say I completely disagree... our stupid bullpen kept letting us down. But how the HELL do simple plays get boggled at such crucial times?! It's not like they were all rookies! = (

Rev... I hope the Orioles lose to the Royals. But this is from a completely baseball-oriented state. Otherwise, you're fantastic. (That series was tragic. I legitimately almost cried. I was on the floor that one game, just asking for it to end. It was humiliating and it was so, so sad. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. 8 RUNS!!!)

I LIVE in KC, and I've only just now decided to root for the Royals! Laugh out load Tongue
I sowwy you got troubles! Sadcryface Anything we could do? We miss ya 'round here Hug

17-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Psssh, troubles... if it's not one thing, it's another. But that's a whole other thread.Stay tuned = )

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
20-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Just read this morning that a SF radio station will not be playing the Lorde song "Royals" until after the World Series is over.

Laugh out load
21-10-2014, 07:01 PM
SF up 3-0 over Royals Sadcryface

21-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I'll check in later. Watching hockey right now.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
22-10-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but it would have been cool to see the Royals tie the Yankees for longest post-season winning streak. So much for that one.
22-10-2014, 08:31 PM
2 run homerun \o/
7-2 Royals Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post