Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
(25-08-2016 01:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  The Cubs are notorious for folding in the postseason. Just sayin'. Wink

Didn't fold Tuesday night!

Onto the NLCS.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
13-10-2016, 11:20 AM
(13-10-2016 10:37 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 01:33 PM)pablo Wrote:  The Cubs are notorious for folding in the postseason. Just sayin'. Wink

Didn't fold Tuesday night!

Onto the NLCS.

I hope they win it all, I'm just not gonna get my hopes up for them again. There may be another Steve Bartman lurking out there somewhere. Yes
13-10-2016, 11:37 AM
I'm conflicted. As a baseball purist, I hate the very idea of wild card teams, and I think the best team in the league should go to the world series -- and there's no question that the best team in the NL is the Cubs. But I found myself rooting for the wild card Giants to beat the Cubs -- because I hate the Cubs. As the old saying goes, my favorite team is the Brewers, and my second-favorite team is whoever is playing the Cubs.

The purist part of me wants to see the Cubs go all the way, though -- because they are legitimately the best team this year.
13-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Baseball is over for me...well it was over a few days ago.

Don't care anymores.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Hockey season started yesterday. The only reason I'm still watching baseball is because the Cubs are still in it.
16-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Cubs game opening with "God Bless America". Facepalm
21-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Somebody make sure Steve Bartman's ass is nowhere near Wrigley Field Saturday night.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
21-10-2016, 03:18 PM
(21-10-2016 02:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Somebody make sure Steve Bartman's ass is nowhere near Wrigley Field Saturday night.

That is turning out to be an exciting series. Cubs' chances are looking pretty good, but they now have to face the two pitchers who shut them out in games 2 and 3. The fat lady hasn't opened her mouth yet.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-10-2016, 04:41 PM
(21-10-2016 03:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 02:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Somebody make sure Steve Bartman's ass is nowhere near Wrigley Field Saturday night.

That is turning out to be an exciting series. Cubs' chances are looking pretty good, but they now have to face the two pitchers who shut them out in games 2 and 3. The fat lady hasn't opened her mouth yet.

If the Cubs are going to fail, this is usually the time. Just when everyone thinks they can really do it.
21-10-2016, 06:11 PM
"The team has appeared in a total of ten World Series, most recently in 1945. The Cubs have not won the World Series in 108 years, and they have not won the National League pennant in 71 years, both of which are record “droughts” in Major League Baseball."

To put this into perspective the last time the Cubbies won the WS these were some of the headlines of that year:

January 12 – A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time.
March 21 – French aviator Léon Delagrange pilots the first passenger flight with Henri Farman on board.
September 27 – Henry Ford produces his first Model T automobile.
October 5 – Bulgaria declares its independence from the Ottoman Empire; Ferdinand I of Bulgaria becomes Tsar.
November 3 – United States presidential election, 1908: Incumbent Theodore Roosevelt declined to run for a third term, paving the way for the Republican Party to nominate Secretary of War (and eventual winner with 321 electoral college votes) William Howard Taft.
November 6 – Western bandits Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid are supposedly killed in Bolivia, after being surrounded by a large group of soldiers. There are many rumors to the contrary however, and their grave sites are unmarked.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce