Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
The cubs! First World Series since 1945.

I wish them the very best.

As a Giants fan, I'm just happy they beat the fucking Dodgers.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-10-2016, 09:12 PM
(22-10-2016 08:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The cubs! First World Series since 1945.

Not only that they are playing the Indians so it is the longest streak without a WS win vs the second longest streak. 1908 vs 1948.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-10-2016, 11:20 PM
(21-10-2016 03:18 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 02:38 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Somebody make sure Steve Bartman's ass is nowhere near Wrigley Field Saturday night.

That is turning out to be an exciting series. Cubs' chances are looking pretty good, but they now have to face the two pitchers who shut them out in games 2 and 3. The fat lady hasn't opened her mouth yet.

Well, so much for that. They only had to face one of the two, and mugged him and robbed him and beat him up.

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-10-2016, 11:28 PM
(22-10-2016 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 08:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The cubs! First World Series since 1945.

Not only that they are playing the Indians so it is the longest streak without a WS win vs the second longest streak. 1908 vs 1948.

Then there are the teams who have never won a WS (multiple teams, including my Brewers), or never even been to one (lookin' at you, Seattle and Washington). Of course, these are all expansion teams, so the streaks aren't as long numerically. But Brewers fans have no sympathy for the Cubs. We've only been there once (1982), and we lost that one.
23-10-2016, 08:17 AM
(22-10-2016 11:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Not only that they are playing the Indians so it is the longest streak without a WS win vs the second longest streak. 1908 vs 1948.

Then there are the teams who have never won a WS (multiple teams, including my Brewers), or never even been to one (lookin' at you, Seattle and Washington). Of course, these are all expansion teams, so the streaks aren't as long numerically. But Brewers fans have no sympathy for the Cubs. We've only been there once (1982), and we lost that one.

Yabbut nobody cares about the Brewers, the Cubs are interesting because you get to bring up stuff like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid being killed the last time they won the Brewers are just, now and until they win, Losers. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-10-2016, 08:20 AM
(22-10-2016 11:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Then there are the teams who have never won a WS (multiple teams, including my Brewers), or never even been to one (lookin' at you, Seattle and Washington).

1924, bitch. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
23-10-2016, 11:25 AM
(23-10-2016 08:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 11:28 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Then there are the teams who have never won a WS (multiple teams, including my Brewers), or never even been to one (lookin' at you, Seattle and Washington).

1924, bitch. Drinking Beverage

Nuh-uh! That team/franchise (the Washington Senators) moved to Minnesota, became the Twins, and won a few World Series for that city. The team that now resides in Washington (the Nationals) is the former Montreal Expos, and has never even sniffed a World Series in either city. Not the same team, dude.

If you want to go by cities, The Milwaukee (now Atlanta) Braves went to the Series twice and even beat the Yankees one time (of course, I was still a babbling diaper-wearer at the time, so I remember none of it). But that doesn't make the Brewers winners.
23-10-2016, 01:06 PM
(23-10-2016 11:25 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 08:20 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  1924, bitch. Drinking Beverage

Nuh-uh! That team/franchise (the Washington Senators) moved to Minnesota, became the Twins, and won a few World Series for that city. The team that now resides in Washington (the Nationals) is the former Montreal Expos, and has never even sniffed a World Series in either city. Not the same team, dude.

If you want to go by cities, The Milwaukee (now Atlanta) Braves went to the Series twice and even beat the Yankees one time (of course, I was still a babbling diaper-wearer at the time, so I remember none of it). But that doesn't make the Brewers winners.

You're never gonna get over 1924 are you?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-10-2016, 10:35 AM
So I'm not really a guy who gets over-emotional about sports teams (i.e. I don't cry joyfully when my team wins a championship). I don't really judge those who do, but for me while I enjoy it, it's never really that level of a life event. Having said that, if any sports team I follow would cause me to do that, it would be the Cubs making/winning the World Series. I'm 40 and been rooting for them since I was about 5-6. I've lived long enough to realize how futile the organization has been.

So given all that, watching them clinch the other night, right after the 3rd out, watching the celebration, in almost a reflex action my eyes started to get misty and I got that surge of emotion feeling. I silently said to myself "Ok get a grip, it's a game". But then on screen they were showing fans celebrating and it focused on a row of about 4 older/elderly ladies that had been going to games for decades and they were all crying, and I sort of lost it for a minute.
24-10-2016, 11:01 AM
(24-10-2016 10:35 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  So I'm not really a guy who gets over-emotional about sports teams (i.e. I don't cry joyfully when my team wins a championship). I don't really judge those who do, but for me while I enjoy it, it's never really that level of a life event. Having said that, if any sports team I follow would cause me to do that, it would be the Cubs making/winning the World Series. I'm 40 and been rooting for them since I was about 5-6. I've lived long enough to realize how futile the organization has been.

So given all that, watching them clinch the other night, right after the 3rd out, watching the celebration, in almost a reflex action my eyes started to get misty and I got that surge of emotion feeling. I silently said to myself "Ok get a grip, it's a game". But then on screen they were showing fans celebrating and it focused on a row of about 4 older/elderly ladies that had been going to games for decades and they were all crying, and I sort of lost it for a minute.

You just won the pussy of the month award.

#sigh