Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
(03-11-2016 08:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 10:53 PM)skyking Wrote:  

I can’t get this song out of my head damn you! Angry Big Grin

I was a baseball fan and player through high school. In my senior year as a pitcher I held the lowest earned run average in the entire county, no small feat for one as populous as Miami-Dade with more than 30 high schools. My team won the State Championship that year going 30-4. I was offered an out of state scholarship to pitch but declined due to family issues. At the young age of 18 I stopped playing, gave up on my dreams of being a big leaguer, turned my back on baseball and entered the real world.

I tell you I had not watched baseball or a World Series again until this year. Last night I felt the thrill again, thanks Cubbies. Thumbsup

I'm really happy for you Cub's fans. Bowing Your wonderful win has also come in the midst of the most slimey election year in US history so this diversion has been cathartic for all of us. Please don't wait another 108 years for the next championship. Patience is supposed to be a virtue but that was ridiculous!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-11-2016, 08:52 AM
(03-11-2016 08:32 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 08:21 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I can’t get this song out of my head damn you! Angry Big Grin

I was a baseball fan and player through high school. In my senior year as a pitcher I held the lowest earned run average in the entire county, no small feat for one as populous as Miami-Dade with more than 30 high schools. My team won the State Championship that year going 30-4. I was offered an out of state scholarship to pitch but declined due to family issues. At the young age of 18 I stopped playing, gave up on my dreams of being a big leaguer, turned my back on baseball and entered the real world.

I tell you I had not watched baseball or a World Series again until this year. Last night I felt the thrill again, thanks Cubbies. Thumbsup

I'm really happy for you Cub's fans. Bowing Your wonderful win has also come in the midst of the most slimey election year in US history so this diversion has been cathartic for all of us. Please don't wait another 108 years for the next championship. Patience is supposed to be a virtue but that was ridiculous!

The last two days have been quite a relief and distraction, that’s for sure.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-11-2016, 08:58 AM
[Image: IMG_20161103_004609.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
03-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Joe Maddon was very close to having a really bad offseason. I still don't know what he was thinking removing Hendricks.
03-11-2016, 09:25 AM
(03-11-2016 09:00 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Joe Maddon was very close to having a really bad offseason. I still don't know what he was thinking removing Hendricks.

He briefly lost his mind. I was dumbstruck when he pulled him.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Let's Talk About Baseball
I think this confirms there does exist some multiverse or quatuam depka manner of existence where truly everything is possible in time.

There must be even universes where the gods are real out there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Bah. And humbug.

The above is my personal reaction as a lifelong Cubs-hater. However, the baseball purist in me wants the best team to win it all, and that team was clearly the Cubs this year. Congratulations to them and their fans!
03-11-2016, 04:26 PM
(03-11-2016 10:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Bah. And humbug.

The above is my personal reaction as a lifelong Cubs-hater. However, the baseball purist in me wants the best team to win it all, and that team was clearly the Cubs this year. Congratulations to them and their fans!

The Indians are a class act, talented and played their hearts out. It could have easily been the other way around.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-11-2016, 01:41 PM
The thing that sucks is if it had been literally any other NL team, I would have been rooting for the Indians.
15-11-2016, 04:19 PM
(01-04-2013 11:54 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I have been waiting for April 1st for so long; Pretty much since my Tigers lost in 2012 World Series. It seems as though time was creeping by Dodgy

Anyway, I am so excited for today's game: Detroit at Minnesota. (I hate the Twins.) I'm really hopeful for an eventful game. (Of course it's going to be "eventful," it's the freakin' Tigers.) Heart

[Image: Detroit-Tigers-Logo2.gif]

Daryl Evans was a hero of mine, back in the day. What happen to you guys this year? Injuries, age, or what.