Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Baseball Season Starts for me at 4 PM!
So it's april but baltimore is still ruining Tom Brady's day

[Image: ibsK2U1WMpYzyY.gif]

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-04-2013, 10:33 PM
(14-04-2013 09:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So it's april but baltimore is still ruining Tom Brady's day

Is that a football-related joke? I don't watch football and the only reason I assumed football was because I've heard of Tom Brady. (That's only because he dated pretty celebrities.) I'm guessing Baltimore screwed over a team that Brady played for? Confused

Don't laugh; I only watch baseball and hockey. Even then, I only watch Tigers and Red Wings; The only time I watch another team is when my team is playing them Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
14-04-2013, 10:45 PM
(14-04-2013 10:33 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So it's april but baltimore is still ruining Tom Brady's day

Is that a football-related joke? I don't watch football and the only reason I assumed football was because I've heard of Tom Brady. (That's only because he dated pretty celebrities.) I'm guessing Baltimore screwed over a team that Brady played for? Confused

Don't laugh; I only watch baseball and hockey. Even then, I only watch Tigers and Red Wings; The only time I watch another team is when my team is playing them Drinking Beverage

Tom Brady plays for the New England Patriots yet is a Yankee fan which doesn't go over so well in Boston.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-04-2013, 03:00 AM
(14-04-2013 10:33 PM)Peanut Wrote:  

I will explain the joke for you Peanut, cause I like ya. Tom Brady is the Quarterback for the New England Patriots. Last January the Baltimore Ravens beat them in the AFC championship game (the game that decides who goes to the super bowl) on route to winning the Super Bowl in february.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-04-2013, 02:12 PM
[Image: 537797_449103815171762_409926330_n.jpg]

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
17-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Tigers AT Mariners:

Top of 13th; Tied game; one on, one out. (Only on-base was due to a ball.) I'm thinking the players are getting tired. There is a day game later today, too. I'm hoping this game ends soon. I love a good, close game because it's exciting, but I want them to be well-rested later today.

Needed to vent. Carry on Big Grin

18-04-2013, 07:54 AM
(17-04-2013 11:55 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Tigers AT Mariners:

Top of 13th; Tied game; one on, one out. (Only on-base was due to a ball.) I'm thinking the players are getting tired. There is a day game later today, too. I'm hoping this game ends soon. I love a good, close game because it's exciting, but I want them to be well-rested later today.

Needed to vent. Carry on Big Grin

Fuckin' Mariners blew another gem of a pitching performance by King Felix. 40 strikeouts in the game; 12 by each starter. Sheesh!

The game came down to a collision at home plate. Fuckin' Pena may have held on, but he's still feeling the aftereffects of the Smoakamotive today!
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp...y_26376351

Have today off so I'm gonna watch the M's make Verlander pay. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
18-04-2013, 12:21 PM
(18-04-2013 07:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Fuckin' Mariners blew another gem of a pitching performance by King Felix. 40 strikeouts in the game; 12 by each starter. Sheesh!

The game came down to a collision at home plate. Fuckin' Pena may have held on, but he's still feeling the aftereffects of the Smoakamotive today!

ha haha haha! I went back through the thread to see that you were a Mariners fan Tongue

"Let's go to the fourteenth..."

"Okay..." *sigh*
[Image: r-TIGERS-MARINERS-large570.jpg?9]
4 hours and 27 minutes. Phew! Time seemed to go in slow motion when that ball went to the wall, to Fielder and then to home... I couldn't breathe! I was like, "This game is going to go on forever!"

I laughed so hard when Pena held that ball out and shook it Laughat He was so dizzy. Smoak is not a little guy, either! And I wouldn't say it ALL "came down to a collision at home plate." What about the top of the fourteenth? Pena hit a grounder with bases loaded and my man Kelly was able to get home. Drinking Beverage

18-04-2013, 02:13 PM
(18-04-2013 12:21 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 07:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Fuckin' Mariners blew another gem of a pitching performance by King Felix. 40 strikeouts in the game; 12 by each starter. Sheesh!

ha haha haha! I went back through the thread to see that you were a Mariners fan Tongue

"Let's go to the fourteenth..."

"Okay..." *sigh*
[Image: r-TIGERS-MARINERS-large570.jpg?9]
4 hours and 27 minutes. Phew! Time seemed to go in slow motion when that ball went to the wall, to Fielder and then to home... I couldn't breathe! I was like, "This game is going to go on forever!"

I laughed so hard when Pena held that ball out and shook it Laughat He was so dizzy. Smoak is not a little guy, either! And I wouldn't say it ALL "came down to a collision at home plate." What about the top of the fourteenth? Pena hit a grounder with bases loaded and my man Kelly was able to get home. Drinking Beverage

Pff. Whatevs. Drinking Beverage

18-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Erx! That second run was NOT a run. He was so out! Grr!