Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:53 PM by Doctor X.)
RE: Baseball Season Starts for me at 4 Pm!

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 07:27 PM
(01-04-2013 05:07 PM)Peanut Wrote:  BTW, Fullcircle, did you grow up in Michigan? Or were the Tigers your favorite because they are just that awesome? Smile

A million years ago (i.e. before the interwebz) Sports Illustrated created a baseball table game that included a chart for each team. For some reason I liked the Tiger team and lineup, and no, I have never lived in Michigan, visited, but not lived. Sorry to dissapoint.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
(01-04-2013 06:22 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  "WHAT? CAN HE DO THAT? HE CAN'T DO THAT!"

UGH... I feel for ya, bro Huh

I get utterly heartbroken when a bad play is made or some crazy "incident" happens, such as the one you just mentioned. I may be a loyal Tiger fan, but I still appreciate a fair game, no matter what team is playing. Angry

I get really sad thinking about last season, when Valverde kept blowing saves when they were doing so well before he was put in. *Cringes at the thought* Sadcryface Weeping

He's gone now, so I can breathe a LITTLE easier. (Until fucking Albuquerque gets brought into the game... SERIOUSLY?! You're gonna balk TWICE in the SAME INNING?!) Shocking

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
RE: Baseball Season Starts for me at 4 PM!
Detroit wins 4-2

2013 Record 1-0 Bowing

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
01-04-2013, 08:04 PM
(01-04-2013 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Detroit wins 4-2

2013 Record 1-0 Bowing
WOO HOO! (I forgot to post the final; I was so excited.) It's a good start Big Grin

By the way, Full Circle, "before the interwebz?" That... That means you must be... ANCIENT! It sounds so primitive. Angel

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-04-2013, 08:10 PM
(01-04-2013 08:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 07:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Detroit wins 4-2

2013 Record 1-0 Bowing
WOO HOO! (I forgot to post the final; I was so excited.) It's a good start Big Grin

By the way, Full Circle, "before the interwebz?" That... That means you must be... ANCIENT! It sounds so primitive. Angel

I'm somewhere between "old enough to know better" and "too old to give a shit". Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-04-2013, 10:43 PM
(01-04-2013 05:45 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 05:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Tigers suck.

Go Mariners!

Psshhh... Everyone can argue that all other teams suck but their favorite Smile

We can agree to disagree. (At least you like baseball...) Big Grin

I agree with nothing, not even disagreeing! Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-04-2013, 10:55 PM
King Felix rules again. 4th opening day win! One down, only 161 to go!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:54 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Awesome rant, Doctor X Thumbsup

I HATE that there are no fucking replays in baseball. Why NOT? The game is already going to be a long one anyway, and the fans would appreciate it taking longer if a period of time was taken out to look at a play or a call; We would know that our "outrage" is justifiable or not.

I keep talking about Galarraga's ALMOST perfect game; I haven't checked, but there should be an asterisk next to that game stat.

"The umpire got too excited and fucked up his perfect game. We didn't review it, though because we don't do that. But we are aware that in this exact case, an exception to the rules should be made; This kind of call should never happen."