Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:53 PM by Doctor X.)
RE: Baseball Season Starts for me at 4 PM!

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 12:42 AM
(02-04-2013 12:38 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  Anyways, the point is not to have umpires. The umpires were a limitation of technology. We now have better technology.

Maybe they want to keep up that "nostalgic" feeling of America's Pass time? Consider Drinking Beverage

I'm all about nostalgia, but... I agree: Technology IS better and we should utilize it more often. Undecided

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
02-04-2013, 04:50 AM
(02-04-2013 12:42 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 12:38 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  Anyways, the point is not to have umpires. The umpires were a limitation of technology. We now have better technology.

Maybe they want to keep up that "nostalgic" feeling of America's Pass time? Consider Drinking Beverage

I'm all about nostalgia, but... I agree: Technology IS better and we should utilize it more often. Undecided

The only thing about Replay is it doesn't and can't solve all the bad calls (just look at football for a prime example) That being said the fact that it is 2013 and baseball doesn't even allow the umps to veiw a video replay is insane.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
02-04-2013, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:52 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
02-04-2013, 07:25 AM
(01-04-2013 11:44 PM)Doctor X Wrote:  Replying to everyone.

Fuck the Ump!

To quote Herb Brooks--"Screw um!" Get the call correct.

--J.D.

First of all I'd like to commend you on that rant, who would have thought that baseball would touch a raw nerve on the good Doctor?

Technology isn't going away but if there is one sport that clings to its fossilized past its baseball. I think they should go ahead an use the ball/strike rectangle that you see on replays CALL the pitch on the Jumbotron for everyone to see - no mistakes there.
Close calls on the field should be immediately replayed and ONLY then does the umpire rule on it.

Fucking umps think they are more infallible than the Pope(s)!

Maybe if we would have had instant replay 2000 years ago we could finally see the Jesus was really out on first and he never came back out of the dugout.

Romans 3 Messiahs 0

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Um...hello, Baseball does have replay. It just may not be the replay that you're looking for. But we can look for it to expand over the next couple of years.

And Seahawk fans don't grumble without reason over bad calls made 8 years ago. The Referee in question was the one who came out and apologized for his shitty calls. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Um..Go Giants.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

02-04-2013, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:52 PM by Doctor X.)

02-04-2013, 11:46 AM
(02-04-2013 10:22 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  [quote=I Am Coming in Greek]LaughatBowing

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
12-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Damn it, Leyland! Why do you let Smily stay in so long?! I know you want to give him a chance and not make him get anxious and all that, but... he's not pitching well at all. If he continues to pitch so poorly and an inning lasts waaaaaaaaaaay too long, he's going to cause anxiety in HIMSELF Dodgy He's not going to improve. Know when to take him out!

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post