Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: Baseball Season Starts for me at 4 PM!
(18-04-2013 04:54 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:18 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I want to change the title of this thread.

"Let's Talk About Baseball" or "The Baseball Thread" or "Baseball."

I wonder if the forum gods can help me with this?
Consider

So which title would you like.

Also I'm scotty. Hi *waves*
Nice to meet you, Scotty Smile

The title works now. Although, "Peanut is Nuts About Baseball" was super funny. But I'll keep it as "Let's Talk About Baseball."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
18-04-2013, 05:09 PM
(18-04-2013 05:04 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 04:54 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So which title would you like.

Also I'm scotty. Hi *waves*
Nice to meet you, Scotty Smile

The title works now. Although, "Peanut is Nuts About Baseball" was super funny. But I'll keep it as "Let's Talk About Baseball."

Don't get too close. He bites when he's drunk.
And he's drunk all the time.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-04-2013, 05:19 PM
(18-04-2013 05:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't get too close. He bites when he's drunk.
And he's drunk all the time.
Noted.

I was only saying hi, jeez = )

Anyway, baseball. It's awesome.
This was a pretty awesome moment

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
20-04-2013, 12:38 AM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
I was thinking about people and their affiliations with certain sports teams. It kind of reminded me of a family and their particular religious beliefs.

Mom and dad love their Tigers. They have offspring, so they teach their children to root for the Tigers. The child will always love the Tigers because that's what they were "taught" growing up. "I'm a Tigers fan because mom and dad love them. I want to fit in with the family unit." Tongue

Mom loves the Tigers, but somehow, she found dad one time and he happened to be a Twins fan. Despite their differences, they found love and they had a child. The child is torn between the Twins and the Tigers. "Mom makes a strong case for her Tigers, but dad is cool, too. I also see the Twins as a good team..." Consider Mom and dad will always tell the child that they can choose whichever team to root for and they will love them regardless. Because, let's face it, at least the child loves baseball. They choose to have baseball in their life.

Now, let's use the above scenario. (Mom and dad both love different teams.) They have two children. One child grows up rooting for dad's team (Let's say it was the daughter. Who doesn't love to see a great relationship between a daddy and a daughter?) and the other roots for mom's team. (Let's say it's the son.) Nobody will admit it, but both parents are secretly happy. Their team "won" and they at least have someone to believe in their respective team. Everyone is happy. Big Grin

Let's say both parents love the same team. Their child grows up learning all about how great the Twins are, and he even wore the jerseys and chanted "let's go, Twins!" in his childhood. He followed the Twins and rooted for them because that's how he made his parents happy; They encouraged him to cheer on the Twins. Over time, the boy grew tired of pretending to like the Twins. Because, at one time or another, he saw somewhere that baseball isn't all that it's cracked up to be. There is more to life than just liking something that they knew their whole life. The child decides to go against all he's ever known and possibly disappoint his parents by declaring he no longer loves baseball as much as he once thought.

His parents ARE disappointed, but they still love him. Many years later, their son has a child of his own. Now the disappointed parents have a chance to encourage and influence their grandchild to love baseball, too...

But that's another story and my hand is cramping up. Drinking Beverage

20-04-2013, 12:49 AM
(20-04-2013 12:38 AM)Peanut Wrote:  I was thinking about people and their affiliations with certain sports teams. It kind of reminded me of a family and their particular religious beliefs.

Mom and dad love their Tigers. They have offspring, so they teach their children to root for the Tigers. The child will always love the Tigers because that's what they were "taught" growing up. "I'm a Tigers fan because mom and dad love them. I want to fit in with the family unit." Tongue

Mom loves the Tigers, but somehow, she found dad one time and he happened to be a Twins fan. Despite their differences, they found love and they had a child. The child is torn between the Twins and the Tigers. "Mom makes a strong case for her Tigers, but dad is cool, too. I also see the Twins as a good team..." Consider Mom and dad will always tell the child that they can choose whichever team to root for and they will love them regardless. Because, let's face it, at least the child loves baseball. They choose to have baseball in their life.

Now, let's use the above scenario. (Mom and dad both love different teams.) They have two children. One child grows up rooting for dad's team (Let's say it was the daughter. Who doesn't love to see a great relationship between a daddy and a daughter?) and the other roots for mom's team. (Let's say it's the son.) Nobody will admit it, but both parents are secretly happy. Their team "won" and they at least have someone to believe in their respective team. Everyone is happy. Big Grin

Let's say both parents love the same team. Their child grows up learning all about how great the Twins are, and he even wore the jerseys and chanted "let's go, Twins!" in his childhood. He followed the Twins and rooted for them because that's how he made his parents happy; They encouraged him to cheer on the Twins. Over time, the boy grew tired of pretending to like the Twins. Because, at one time or another, he saw somewhere that baseball isn't all that it's cracked up to be. There is more to life than just liking something that they knew their whole life. The child decides to go against all he's ever known and possibly disappoint his parents by declaring he no longer loves baseball as much as he once thought.

His parents ARE disappointed, but they still love him. Many years later, their son has a child of his own. Now the disappointed parents have a chance to encourage and influence their grandchild to love baseball, too...

But that's another story and my hand is cramping up. Drinking Beverage

Nice analogy, Goober. Wink

I have a co-worker who is a hardcore Tigers fan. He has a 2-year old little girl and he told me that if she doesn't become a Tigers fan he'll disown her. I'm counting on her being a hometown girl and love the Mariners. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-04-2013, 12:57 AM
(20-04-2013 12:49 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Nice analogy, Goober. Wink

I have a co-worker who is a hardcore Tigers fan. He has a 2-year old little girl and he told me that if she doesn't become a Tigers fan he'll disown her. I'm counting on her being a hometown girl and love the Mariners. Big Grin

Ugh. She MUST be a Tigers fan! There's something awesome about somebody loving a team other than their home team. Big Grin

20-04-2013, 01:06 AM
(20-04-2013 12:57 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 12:49 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Nice analogy, Goober. Wink

Ugh. She MUST be a Tigers fan! There's something awesome about somebody loving a team other than their home team. Big Grin

Actually, I'm hoping she becomes a Twins fan!!! Tongue

~Izel
20-04-2013, 02:47 AM
(20-04-2013 01:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Actually, I'm hoping she becomes a Twins fan!!! Tongue

Confused Huh That hurts Sadcryface2

[Image: i-dont-always-watch-teams-that-suck-but-...-twins.jpg]

20-04-2013, 06:31 PM
[Image: 149426_1542909185904_7716700_n.jpg]

I am sad. Today's game sucked Censored

I fell asleep and I am scared to view the final score Unsure

20-04-2013, 07:52 PM
My Red Sox are doing better than I expected. For now. Not out of April yet so plenty of time for them to collapse.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist in Westeros's post