Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
(20-04-2013 09:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 09:13 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm going to out myself now as a casual Blue Jays fan. It's been a rough ride since 92 & 93. But I think that if this team can gel, they could be a contender. We will see if the pieces can all come together and I don't really expect to see any evidence of this until June. I just thought I'd throw it out there so I don't look like a bandwagon-jumper later in the season. And if they end up sucking, well, nothing new. Big Grin

Well they spent a lot of money in the off season.

The sad thing is, that often doesn't translate into a playoff berth.

I agree. But there is at least hope and they do have some potential. We'll see if they can come together or not. They do have me following them closer this year.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
20-04-2013, 09:21 PM
(20-04-2013 09:13 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm going to out myself now as a casual Blue Jays fan. It's been a rough ride since 92 & 93. But I think that if this team can gel, they could be a contender. We will see if the pieces can all come together and I don't really expect to see any evidence of this until June. I just thought I'd throw it out there so I don't look like a bandwagon-jumper later in the season. And if they end up sucking, well, nothing new. Big Grin

As an O's fan I feel your pain. Worst part is the division. What with being in the same one as the 2 bottomless money pits that are the Yankee's and BoSox. Well good luck hopefully you guys us or the rays will win the division again. Anyone but the Yanks and Sox.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-04-2013, 09:22 PM
(20-04-2013 09:16 PM)Peanut Wrote:  The first step is admitting... Cool

Well, as long as I'm making confessions here... I'm also a life-long.... um....er... Maple Leafs fan.... Sadcryface There! I said it! Weeping

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
20-04-2013, 09:40 PM
(20-04-2013 09:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hm. You didn't seem to like debating about today's game. Tongue
Censored That game sucked. It's done with. I would like to forget about it. Shut it, you. Sadcryface2

(20-04-2013 09:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Anyone but the Yanks and Sox.
Thumbsup

(20-04-2013 09:22 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Well, as long as I'm making confessions here... I'm also a life-long.... um....er... Maple Leafs fan.... Sadcryface There! I said it! Weeping
It'll be okay, buddy. We are accepting here. Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
20-04-2013, 09:48 PM
(20-04-2013 09:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 09:22 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Well, as long as I'm making confessions here... I'm also a life-long.... um....er... Maple Leafs fan.... Sadcryface There! I said it! Weeping
It'll be okay, buddy. We are accepting here. Smile

thanks... [sniff] Hug

21-04-2013, 01:22 PM
(20-04-2013 07:56 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 07:52 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  My Red Sox are doing better than I expected. For now. Not out of April yet so plenty of time for them to collapse.
Yay! Another atheist who likes the baseball Thumbsup

Big Grin

Naturally! Even when my team does poorly still got to give them my support.
27-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Here are some baseball pics for you Peanut...
[Image: Sillyballplayer_zpsde30fbd3.jpg]

[Image: BlueBaseball_zpsfe55f85a.jpg]

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-04-2013, 07:46 PM
(27-04-2013 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Here are some baseball pics for you Peanut...
[Image: Sillyballplayer_zpsde30fbd3.jpg]

[Image: BlueBaseball_zpsfe55f85a.jpg]
OH. MY. AGOD!

How freakin' cute?! Heart

I want my son to want to play baseball. I encourage him every time. But I don't "overdue" it. He's also a switch hitter. Thumbsup He's right-handed, but he bats left. When I noticed, I was like, "Good job, honey! Now, let's practice hitting it on THIS side of the base, too." He loves it. I LOVE IT!

EDIT: Look at that helmet! ADORABLE. I want a little girl someday Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
27-04-2013, 07:48 PM
She hit her first home run last week!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-04-2013, 04:40 PM
[Image: 2019_1367318294.jpg]

"Tampa Bay reporter Kelly Nash was almost hit by a baseball while she was covering, [the game] taking a selfie at the Astros-Red Sox game."

Read more: http://www.1045snx.com/pages/internio.ht...z2RzO8Hkrr

Awesome shot... I'm sure it wasn't as close as people are saying, but the angle is perfect. WOW Drinking Beverage