Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 04:51 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
(30-04-2013 04:40 PM)Peanut Wrote:  [Image: 2019_1367318294.jpg]

"Tampa Bay reporter Kelly Nash was almost hit by a baseball while she was covering, [the game] taking a selfie at the Astros-Red Sox game."

Read more: http://www.1045snx.com/pages/internio.ht...z2RzO8Hkrr

Awesome shot... I'm sure it wasn't as close as people are saying, but the angle is perfect. WOW Drinking Beverage

cOOl!
The only thing that would have been more awesome is if she had been pegged in the head just as she was taking the picture! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 01:30 AM

Even though he is a Yankees fan, I still give him props Big Grin

Oh, baseball fans! AWESOME.

EDIT: I read the description. Apparently, he is a Tigers fan Consider

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
One of my favorite plays in all of baseball is the collision at home plate. Some bozos, in the interest of player safety, want to ban the runner from bowling over the catcher at the plate.

Should Baseball Ban Home Plate Collisions?

And now, some really cool pictures:

[Image: spt-16x9-tough-catch-120308.nbcsports-story-612.jpg]

[Image: homeplate.jpg]

[Image: franceour_rodriguez.jpg]

[Image: fosse_display_image.jpg?1316774696]

Ty Cobb was a pioneer of jarring the ball loose by going in cleats first. Nasty player, but very exciting!
[Image: Ty-Cobb-home-plate.jpg]

This one is Cobb stealing third, but it's been called one of the most exciting baseball pictures ever taken:
[Image: ty-cobb-stealing-third-base-by-charles-m...ze=540,370]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-05-2013, 04:11 PM
NO. We shouldn't ban it! We don't get instant replays/reviews to check a fair play or if a base was indeed touched.

It's something that we get and it shouldn't be changed. Leave it alone. If they wanna change something with our baseball, give us the ability to review stuff.

I ABSOLUTELY loved this one! I watched it over and over. I love that he holds it up and shakes it Big Grin He literally "took one for the team!"

He was like, "No! Fuck that! We ain't gonna let those Mariners tie it up NOW! Fourteen innings? Nope. We gotta play in a few hours."

lol That whole clip was amazing. It was a good game Wink

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Whoops. I forgot I shared that last clip already. Oh well. It should be seen again and again Big Grin

Yay, Tigers!

07-05-2013, 05:48 PM
WTAF, Goober Girl? That was a horrible clip. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-05-2013, 06:43 PM
(07-05-2013 05:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  WTAF, Goober Girl? That was a horrible clip. Weeping

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree, Erxy Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
14-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Let's talk Bryce Harper's perfect motherfucking swing.

A Swing of Beauty.

6'2"", 230 lbs. at age 20 yo. Babe Ruth without the booze, whores and fat ass. Goddam kid's a fucking baseball prodigy. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2013, 07:56 PM
(14-05-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let's talk Bryce Harper's perfect motherfucking swing.

A Swing of Beauty.

6'2"", 230 lbs. at age 20 yo. Babe Ruth without the booze, whores and fat ass. Goddam kid's a fucking baseball prodigy. Big Grin

Girly got a bit of a bro crush on Harper? Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
14-05-2013, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2013 08:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2013 07:56 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(14-05-2013 07:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let's talk Bryce Harper's perfect motherfucking swing.

A Swing of Beauty.

Girly got a bit of a bro crush on Harper? Big Grin

Nah, not a bro crush. More like, "Goddam son if you had just bothered to learn how to properly swing a bat like that kid I wouldn't have to keep working until I'm fuckin' 80." Big Grin
More like a Dad-crush on his old man Ron I think. Blush
And it is a swing of beauty.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post