Let's Talk About Baseball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: Let's Talk About Baseball
This inning is breaking my heart. Verlander walked two guys with bases loaded, tying up the game. (THE FUCKING BASES WERE LOADED AND THERE WAS ONLY ONE OUT. WTF?!) Then somebody hit and two runs were made. THEN this other guy, and there was only two outs by this point, hits a damn 3-run home run! The score is now 8-3. Another strange thing is that Verlander was taken out of the game in the THIRD inning! I've personally never seen that happen.

SEVEN-RUN INNING! Censored

I have a headache now.

Weeping

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Current 0-6 slide for the Mariners with the Rangers coming into town for the weekend.

Yes, the season is over for me and it's not even Memorial Day. Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-05-2013, 01:44 PM
(23-05-2013 01:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Current 0-6 slide for the Mariners with the Rangers coming into town for the weekend.

I missed talking about baseball with you!

It's okay, Erx Hug

Vent it out.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
23-05-2013, 01:48 PM
(23-05-2013 01:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Current 0-6 slide for the Mariners with the Rangers coming into town for the weekend.

Buck up little camper...they could turn it around.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-05-2013, 03:24 PM
My O's seem as though they have finally snapped out of that slump, losing six in a row really hurts but beating the Yankees twice feels good.
[+] 3 users Like WVAtheist's post
26-05-2013, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 06:54 AM by Full Circle.)
[attachment=1402]

Personally I am more inclined nowdays to play Calvinball than baseball but leagues are so hard to form.

(This has nothing to do with the fact that the Marlins are in the basement...OK maybe it does Weeping )

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-05-2013, 09:17 AM
(26-05-2013 06:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Personally I am more inclined nowdays to play Calvinball than baseball but leagues are so hard to form.

(This has nothing to do with the fact that the Marlins are in the basement...OK maybe it does Weeping )

The Marlins are a strange team to me. How many times have they gone from the cellar to the playoffs/Series? It seems like everytime the owner has a fire sale, they still come back as contenders the next year.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-05-2013, 09:29 AM
(29-05-2013 09:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-05-2013 06:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Personally I am more inclined nowdays to play Calvinball than baseball but leagues are so hard to form.

The Marlins are a strange team to me. How many times have they gone from the cellar to the playoffs/Series? It seems like everytime the owner has a fire sale, they still come back as contenders the next year.

Yup. I don't know if this is his business model or what. If he knew he could create a winning product from inexpensive labor, then turn around and sell the parts (players) for a big profit, then do it all over again while still maintaining an income stream...Consider

If you contrast this with the NYY where it is immensely expensive to produce high quality teams year in and year out I wonder who has the better business model.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-05-2013, 01:44 PM
(29-05-2013 09:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 09:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Marlins are a strange team to me. How many times have they gone from the cellar to the playoffs/Series? It seems like everytime the owner has a fire sale, they still come back as contenders the next year.

Yup. I don't know if this is his business model or what. If he knew he could create a winning product from inexpensive labor, then turn around and sell the parts (players) for a big profit, then do it all over again while still maintaining an income stream...Consider

If you contrast this with the NYY where it is immensely expensive to produce high quality teams year in and year out I wonder who has the better business model.

Maybe, like many things, somewhere in the middle. With one of the lowest payrolls last year, the A's won the AL West. This year, the Dodgers have one of the highest payrolls and they're last in the NL West. The A's couldn't move past the first round in the playoffs. Just conjecture on my part, but I think the Dodgers have enough playoff veterans that could probably scratch out some wins if they can ever get their regular season on track.

29-05-2013, 02:09 PM
(29-05-2013 01:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 09:29 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yup. I don't know if this is his business model or what. If he knew he could create a winning product from inexpensive labor, then turn around and sell the parts (players) for a big profit, then do it all over again while still maintaining an income stream...Consider

Maybe, like many things, somewhere in the middle. With one of the lowest payrolls last year, the A's won the AL West. This year, the Dodgers have one of the highest payrolls and they're last in the NL West. The A's couldn't move past the first round in the playoffs. Just conjecture on my part, but I think the Dodgers have enough playoff veterans that could probably scratch out some wins if they can ever get their regular season on track.

Well so far the Yankee's have won 27 titles in 40 world series appearances. They are #2 in the world for any team any sport any country as far as championships right behind Real Madrid.

MLB-New York Yankees-27 World Championships in 40 tries.
Real Madrid with 31 La Liga titles, 17 Spanish Cups, 9 European Cups, 2 UEFA Cups.

Hard to argue with those numbers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense