Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.
Each passing days makes Romney vs Obama more inevitable. John Boehner himself isn't very optimistic about the Republican chances of keeping a majority in the House and I doubt they win the Senate. Come January we will have a Democrat controlled White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. This could get ugly.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.
You didn't realize this after the very first Republican primary debate?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-04-2012, 10:24 AM
RE: Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.
(25-04-2012 10:21 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You didn't realize this after the very first Republican primary debate?
I was still hopeful that Ron Paul would win and Ronald Reagan the fuck outta Obama like he was Jimmy Carter. And I certainly don't want Pelosi back as Speaker. As long as it isn't her I don't care if John 'Crybaby' Boehner loses.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
25-04-2012, 10:28 AM
(25-04-2012 10:00 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Each passing days makes Romney vs Obama more inevitable. John Boehner himself isn't very optimistic about the Republican chances of keeping a majority in the House and I doubt they win the Senate. Come January we will have a Democrat controlled White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. This could get ugly.

You see, I feel that the Republicans are going to get a message this year. the message is going to be either:
A - If you wage a war on women, the women strike back and vote you out of office.
...or...
B - If you wage war on women, the women dont care, and will still vote you into office.
One thing is for sure, the Republicans have done a great job keeping all of us distracted by the culture war while the rich get more and more tax breaks and the middle class gets crewed more and more...and now the democrats are jumping in on it as well.
Is there such a thing as a progressive politician these days? Or is all we have to pick from is "Crony capitalist" or "Crony capitalist lite"?

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like reverendjeremiah's post
25-04-2012, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 12:06 PM by Reality4Me.)
I vote Democrat because it is the lesser of two evils. I would potentially vote for a legit third party if it existed. At this time, any vote other than red or blue is simply a vote for the party you dislike most.

Democrats will take control IF there is a large turnout of Union, young, female, African-American, and possibly Hispanic voters.

Republicans WILL turn out to vote for Romney even though they don't really like him. Their absolute hate for Obama is their main motivation. They just can't stand it that he is at the helm. Remember, immediately after President Obama took office, Mitch McConnell stated the GOP's #1 PRIORITY would be to make him a one term President. Not do what we can to improve the economy, not work together to do what is best for the American people....nope...they promised to focus all their energy on getting rid of President Obama. In my humble opinion, that was grounds for removal from office.

My fear is that progressive minded voters will stay at home, thinking that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. If so, the GOP will gain even more control and inch us ever closer to the far right dream of a theocracy.

Sooooo....do your part and get out there and vote! Many who have gone before us have sacrificed greatly to give us the right to vote. Don't take it for granted.
[+] 2 users Like Reality4Me's post
25-04-2012, 12:03 PM
(25-04-2012 11:53 AM)Reality4Me Wrote:  I vote Democrat because it is the lesser of two evils. I would potentially vote for a legit third party if it existed. At this time, any vote other than red or blue is simply a vote for the party you dislike most.

Democrats will take control IF there is a large turnout of Union, young, female, African-American, and possibly Hispanic voters.

Republicans WILL turn out to vote for Romney even though they don't really like him. Their absolute hate for Obama is their main motivation. They just can't stand it that he is at the helm. Remember, immediately after President Obama too office, Mitch McConnell stated the GOP's #1 PRIORITY would be to make him a one term President. Not do what we can to improve the economy, not work together to do what is best for the American people....nope...they promised to focus all their energy on getting rid of President Obama. In my humble opinion, that was grounds for removal from office.

My fear is that progressive minded voters will stay at home, thinking that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. If so, the GOP will gain even more control and inch us ever closer to the far right dream of a theocracy.

Sooooo....do your part and get out there and vote! Many who have gone before us have sacrificed greatly to give us the right to vote. Don't take it for granted.
Being a progressive minded voter, I will have to FORCE myself to vote the Dem ticket. I hate it! I DISPISE IT! The democrats are NOT progressive by any means no matter how much Fox news screams that every democrat is a fascist progressive maxist atheist Islamist (ad nausium).
-
The vast majority of democrats are Economically moderate right wing and socially moderate right wing. I DISPISE voting for anything right wing.
-
There is no viable left wing option to vote for anymore in this country, yet people STILL rail on about "liberal this.." and "liberal that..."

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like reverendjeremiah's post
25-04-2012, 12:12 PM
(25-04-2012 11:53 AM)Reality4Me Wrote:  I vote Democrat because it is the lesser of two evils. I would potentially vote for a legit third party if it existed. At this time, any vote other than red or blue is simply a vote for the party you dislike most.

Republicans WILL turn out to vote for Romney even though they don't really like him. Their absolute hate for Obama is their main motivation. They just can't stand it that he is at the helm. Remember, immediately after President Obama took office, Mitch McConnell stated the GOP's #1 PRIORITY would be to make him a one term President. Not do what we can to improve the economy, not work together to do what is best for the American people....nope...they promised to focus all their energy on getting rid of President Obama. In my humble opinion, that was grounds for removal from office.

Good first post, and welcome to the forums! Be sure to post an introduction too so we can all say hi! Big Grin

(25-04-2012 12:03 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  

Republicans WILL turn out to vote for Romney even though they don't really like him. Their absolute hate for Obama is their main motivation. They just can't stand it that he is at the helm. Remember, immediately after President Obama too office, Mitch McConnell stated the GOP's #1 PRIORITY would be to make him a one term President. Not do what we can to improve the economy, not work together to do what is best for the American people....nope...they promised to focus all their energy on getting rid of President Obama. In my humble opinion, that was grounds for removal from office.

Being a progressive minded voter, I will have to FORCE myself to vote the Dem ticket. I hate it! I DISPISE IT! The democrats are NOT progressive by any means no matter how much Fox news screams that every democrat is a fascist progressive maxist atheist Islamist (ad nausium).
-
The vast majority of democrats are Economically moderate right wing and socially moderate right wing. I DISPISE voting for anything right wing.
-
There is no viable left wing option to vote for anymore in this country, yet people STILL rail on about "liberal this.." and "liberal that..."

Totally with you on this. Obama is the only choice to help slow the center drift- even though he is a main contributor these days. Undecided There's just not a great choice for either side- but Mitt is definitely not the way to go. He will have big money as his main interest, he doesn't relate to the common person, and I have a hard time thinking that he'll really be able to understand the hardship that the poor and lower and lower-middle class people have to deal with. I doubt he'd even do well for middle class and upper middle class folks.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
25-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I am starting to think the Democrats are choosing the Republican candidates...what a cluster last time around and this.

Maybe it's just that the Republicans just keep shooting themselves in the foot. It's frustrating. I would much prefer to see an election between two decent choices then having to choose the lesser of two evils. It's coming down to flipping a coin.

All potential choices are scary.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-04-2012, 01:33 PM
perhaps the republicans are attempting to open the doors to a third party? It's a nice thought at least =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
25-04-2012, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 04:47 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
It's all academic. Or have you already forgotten how they rigged the elections twice so that that clown 'nukeler Dubya', a.k.a. George 'WMD' Bush, could win?

What you're watching is a show of democracy. The traditional song and dance, or smoke & mirrors, to keep the masses happy and occupied. And looking in the wrong direction.
And it works. Look at this thread...

Obama's second term is a shoe in. Because he's their boy: they owned him since the first week of June in 2008. And he knows it. And he's already in place and proven himself for the job. It's easiest to let him do a second term than having to start all over again with one of those Republicunt clowns.
So those GOP primaries are simply a travelling circus. A distraction for the masses. To keep them from seeing what is really happening in America and the world.

Much akin to the ancient Roman gladiator 'games' and chariot races.