Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.
The gladiator games were much more riveting. I'd prefer the politicians weed themselves out too.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: Let's be honest. The Democrats are going to clobber the Republicans in November.
(25-04-2012 04:32 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  It's all academic. Or have you already forgotten how they rigged the elections twice so that that clown 'nukeler Dubya', a.k.a. George 'WMD' Bush, could win?

What you're watching is a show of democracy. The traditional song and dance, or smoke & mirrors, to keep the masses happy and occupied. And looking in the wrong direction.
And it works. Look at this thread...

Obama's second term is a shoe in. Because he's their boy: they owned him since the first week of June in 2008. And he knows it. And he's already in place and proven himself for the job. It's easiest to let him do a second term than having to start all over again with one of those Republicunt clowns.
So those GOP primaries are simply a travelling circus. A distraction for the masses. To keep them from seeing what is really happening in America and the world.

Much akin to the ancient Roman gladiator 'games' and chariot races.

"They"?
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
25-04-2012, 05:04 PM
It's a dog and pony show, that's for sure.

First they need to get rid of the Electoral College (what a crock of shit that is) and go with a true popular vote.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
25-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Sure the EC system is painfully crap, but it's still worth voting.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
25-04-2012, 05:17 PM
I still vote but it sure seems futile.

Maybe we could get one of those coins they toss at the start of a football game. Heads we lose, tails we lose. But someone gets a nice house and office and lots of perks at our expense.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
25-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I'd rather just quote a Cracked.com article here, because the author put it much better than I ever could:

The point isn't that the Republican Party has been entirely replaced by crazy people -- it hasn't. To make sense of what happened in 2011, you must understand two things:
A. In America, the sitting president almost always wins re-election;
B. In America, once you lose a presidential election, the party does not allow you to run again -- they cannot bear the shame of you having been mocked by Jay Leno for three months after the election.
So on that first point, we re-elect the current president about 75 percent of the time (see: Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR and FDR again). On the rare occasion that the sitting president loses, it's usually due to something weird, like Ross Perot stealing Republican votes from Bush Sr. in 1992 (Clinton won with only 43 percent of the vote). Even a big loser like Jimmy Carter was tied with Reagan in the polls just weeks before election day. The system is just heavily stacked in favor of the sitting president because, as you have seen, a year before the election he gets to sit there and look presidential while the challengers on the other side play the game of monkey shit dodgeball known as the presidential primaries.

And losing to the president means your career is over -- even Al Gore, who was still young and only lost by a couple hundred votes and a Supreme Court decision, was never considered for a second try (also see: Walter Mondale, Michael Dukakis, Bob Dole). The point is, if you are a Republican who aspires to be president, you probably don't want to run in 2012. If you are smart, you play the percentages and sit it out to run in 2016. That's why prominent, popular and respected Republicans like Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, Jeb Bush and Mike Huckabee all stayed on the sidelines.

Read more: Cracked 64: The Top 8 of Everything of 2011 - Person | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/cracked-64-top-8-...z1t65pep9k

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
25-04-2012, 05:50 PM
(25-04-2012 05:01 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 04:32 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  It's all academic. Or have you already forgotten how they rigged the elections twice so that that clown 'nukeler Dubya', a.k.a. George 'WMD' Bush, could win?

What you're watching is a show of democracy. The traditional song and dance, or smoke & mirrors, to keep the masses happy and occupied. And looking in the wrong direction.
And it works. Look at this thread...

Obama's second term is a shoe in. Because he's their boy: they owned him since the first week of June in 2008. And he knows it. And he's already in place and proven himself for the job. It's easiest to let him do a second term than having to start all over again with one of those Republicunt clowns.
So those GOP primaries are simply a travelling circus. A distraction for the masses. To keep them from seeing what is really happening in America and the world.

Much akin to the ancient Roman gladiator 'games' and chariot races.

"They"?
Yes, "They". They get around and cause all sorts of trouble.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-04-2012, 06:05 PM
(25-04-2012 05:50 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 05:01 PM)kineo Wrote:  "They"?
Yes, "They". They get around and cause all sorts of trouble.

Damnit, I hate they... I mean them.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
25-04-2012, 07:33 PM
We can only hope.

Lets also hope Obama's balls drop as well.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
25-04-2012, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2012 10:59 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(25-04-2012 07:33 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  We can only hope.

Lets also hope Obama's balls drop as well.
Forget it. He is owned.
'Hope' is not gonna cut it, my friend.
Look at the Wall Street crew he brought to the White House.
The very same people that caused the global economy crash were 'elevated' – rewarded? – to the White House!
The neocon gophers.

If you want change you gotta make it change. Because it will never change of its own accord.
Too many people in too many key positions have too much to lose when it does*.
So you will find the 'special interests' block you every step of the way.
And they are organized. You are not.

*Very much like the regime change situations in e.g. Syria and Egypt: too many people in too many key positions have too much to lose if the regime would change. So 'they' oppose it, boycott it, and sabotage the process towards regime change every step of the way.
Up to and including killing your own citizens in the thousands with army tanks and false flag operations if deemed necessary.