Let's chat about last night's The Good Wife - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 08:22 AM by nerwin.)
Let's chat about last night's The Good Wife - POSSIBLE SPOILERS
Sorry for posting in the wrong section before, I'll be more careful next time.

I'm not sure how many of you watch CBS's The Good Wife, but this show has been just full of atheism this season.

Anyways last night's episode was very weird, but one time Alicia accidently received a text that was suppose to be for her daughter Grace that said "God doesn't want you to give up" and because Alicia is an atheist she started to think about religion when she was suppose to be getting ready for her interview that day.

When she started to think about that text and thought that her daughter Grace might be turning into an atheist, she had thoughts about Richard Dawkins saying "Good, shes not believing in fairy tales anymore!" Thought that funny. The actor who was playing Dawkins didn't even look anything like him, but they did mention his book The God Delusion.

But because she is running for state's attorney she started to think about what would the public think of her daughter coming out as an atheist and then it went to another scene and somehow her daughter was pregnant with heavy eyeliner and sniffing glue, because you know..we don't have any morals.

I know, its hard to follow..you just gotta watch the episode. It was great.

Well I ended up going on Twitter and checking out The Good Wife's hashtag and was I stunned by how many people said they are now going to boycott the series because atheism was discussed and said that's offensive.

One user asked "Is The Good Wife the only series on TV that shows atheists being good and moral? Didn't know there was such a thing"

Another user noted that they should be praising Christianity instead...because you know, they don't have enough air time on tv.

There was a lot said on Twitter. But those were some of my favorites. I'm just like wow people...

If you watched the episode, what did you think about it?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 09:23 AM
RE: Let's chat about last night's The Good Wife - POSSIBLE SPOILERS
OH I'm not reading your post. But I must say I absolutely LOVE that show....

I only watch it on Amazon Prime tho. Honestly I'm too damn lazy to figure out what channel it's on or let alone the time. I know this isn't helpful, but I've heard rumors about this season and it sounds fantastic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-03-2015, 09:46 AM
(09-03-2015 09:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  OH I'm not reading your post. But I must say I absolutely LOVE that show....

I only watch it on Amazon Prime tho. Honestly I'm too damn lazy to figure out what channel it's on or let alone the time. I know this isn't helpful, but I've heard rumors about this season and it sounds fantastic.

When you do, you'll love it! The show is a bit soap opera like at times..but there is so many things going on at once, its crazy!

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
[+] 1 user Likes nerwin's post
09-03-2015, 09:54 AM
(09-03-2015 09:46 AM)nerwin Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 09:23 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  OH I'm not reading your post. But I must say I absolutely LOVE that show....

When you do, you'll love it! The show is a bit soap opera like at times..but there is so many things going on at once, its crazy!

It was one of those shows, I didn't watch for a long time. A friend mentioned that I might like it and I'll admit I scoffed. Then, I was watching something about women in television or something or other..and they showed clips from like the first season.

I'll admit suddenly I was curious. Looked on Netflix and you can only rent the seasons...its not streaming. So I kinda forgot about it, until I looked on Amazon Prime, which is totally not worth it just for movies and TV show content. And I was completely engrossed. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-03-2015, 03:12 PM
I watched it.

Actually the Dawkins thing took me out of the episode entirely. First because, as you said, the actor looked nothing like Dawkins. And second, because I've seen so many believers claim that atheists look to Dawkins as our moral authority. And I don't know about you, but I only think about Dawkins when someone brings him up, not when I'm thinking about morality or even atheism in general.

I thought it was a nice try to show what an atheist might be thinking, but it missed the mark a bit.

I do like the show overall, though, and I'm glad that Alicia is an atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Marn's post