Let's counter Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Re: RE: Let's counter Islam
(17-09-2014 04:11 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Scientific enquiry kills all religions equally well.

Take the idea of two angels sitting on your shoulders put forward by Islam. They are supposed to have some influence on the brain. We know the brain is made up of neurons connected up by axons and synapses. If the angels are to have some effect then there must be some form of energy and information transmitted both to and from the angels and the brain. They need to be able to read the current state of the brain and then change it. If true then it must be something that we can measure.

It's also no good saying that it's some form of energy that we do not know about. The supposed angels have to be able to influence the brain which is an electro-chemical system. There is absolutely no evidence for the existence of such energy travelling to and from the brain and the shoulders so it's up to your uncle to explain the exact mechanism by which it occurs. If he does then it becomes a testable hypothesis that can be falsified.

If your uncle starts talking about a soul then start asking him what a soul is and why we fall unconscious when put under anesthetic. Why do neurodegenerative diseases or brain damage destroy our personalities and memories if the brain is not the sole mechanism by which we think, behave and act? Is there any evidence for a complex pattern of energy persisting for a long period of time without the aid of matter?

If Islam is the truth then it can stand up to scientific enquiry. It has yet to do so.

If your uncle can't explain these mechanisms then he is asking you to believe in something without evidence. Why then should you believe in what he says over any other superstition if it's not the truth?
Thank you, Mathilda for the elaboration on the two angels. I never had given a thought about it haha.
Yes, even what my uncle is preaching is all bull (and once he said never ever consider scientific evidence because Allah works miracle when addressing about some guy eating another guy's heart during Muhammad's time and until now cannot be buried properly as if the body of that guy is being rejected from Earth), he is very charismatic. Kinda pull my parents into this. Now, they kinda question their own liberalism. Oh I wish they don't go on and be conservatives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Re: RE: Let's counter Islam
(17-09-2014 07:20 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  "There is no force in Islam."

Islam literally means "Submitting to Allah's will"

Countered.
Haha exactly!
[+] 1 user Likes rizzzzzzzzzzzz's post
17-09-2014, 09:07 AM
RE: Let's counter Islam
(17-09-2014 07:29 AM)rizzzzzzzzzzzz Wrote:  he is very charismatic. Kinda pull my parents into this. Now, they kinda question their own liberalism. Oh I wish they don't go on and be conservatives.

Someone's charisma can be dealt with by keeping your calm. It becomes a battle of will power. People rely on charisma when they don't want other people to think critically about what they are saying.

If someone who is charismatic is very nice and making you feel good about yourself and very friendly towards other people in general, it becomes harder to say something that may upset them. Humans are social animals after all. Charismatic people manipulate this social instinct.

Remember this though. No matter who the person is, no matter how low you may be in the social order, no matter how well respected the other person is, they should be able to answer any question put to them. He will try to dismiss your questions or laugh at them but if you keep at it then it becomes harder for him to keep up his charismatic defence. The trick is not to give people an excuse to dismiss you. Don't lose your temper, stay calm, stay focused, do not give into the desire to please others. Bear in mind that your uncle is infecting the rest of your family with a parasitic belief that will rob both you and them of freedom and contentment in life.

If your uncle starts to get irritated because he can't answer simple questions then he will seem less charismatic in everyone else's eyes and people may start to think more critically about what he has to say.

Choose the simplest questions and ask with child like innocence.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
17-09-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Let's counter Islam
(17-09-2014 07:22 AM)rizzzzzzzzzzzz Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 07:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  One is not "more true" then the other. They're all a load of shit.
Islam is a plague on society and by far the worst religion out there. It is a religion of violence and preaches violence.
Mohammad was a cunt who married 9 year old girls, though at least he actually existed which can't for certain be said about Jesus.

Just read up on sharia law and you'll see what I mean.
Hahaa it seems that it is the worst of all religions. Do you have any books or any other things to recommend? Will research Sharia law!

wikipedia

[Image: oscar.png]